It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven signs of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Get this. Michigan State Police are distributing a video called "The Seven Signs of Terrorism." which educates normal citizens on how to spot a terrorist, terrorists conducting surveillance, acquiring supplies, and going through trial runs of an attack.

Kinda cool yet disturbing at the same time.

The Seven Signs are:
1. Surveillance
2. Elicitation
3. Tests of Security
4. Acquiring Supplies
5. Suspicious People Who Don't Belong
6. Trial Runs
7. Deploying Assets and Getting into Position.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD VIDEO Hopefully it doesn't get pounded, please mirror if you d/l for ATS viewing pleasure

Being a liberal lefty and best friend of DrHoracid (joking)
It disturbs me to visualize Michigan and it's NRA fun loving citizens on how they might react to an "educational" video like such. As if the last thing we need right now is 1000+ gun hoisting Michiganians performing routine surveillance on our city streets while observing for the seven signs of terrorism.

This video throws up a bunch of red flags in my mind.

What about our Children? What about good Muslim people being mistakenly accused of terrorist intentions for buying fertilizer, fuel etc? What does a terrorist look like? Sihk? Muslim? Trinidadians?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As my best buddy "SIN taxer" has posted a very disturbing thing I must agree with him here. It all depends on how the new "renta-cop" public reacts or over reacts. I can see 1000's of goofy drunk's saving the neighborhood from terrorist.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thats not that effective since every person does step one through 5. without intentions of commiting terrorist acts.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We're a nation of vigilantes. Look for people who dont belong??
"I've just seen a person walking down the street who doesnt belong...OMG, this could be anyone in Phoenix....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its already been demonstrated that the public is entirely incompetent when it comes to recognizing muslims, let alone determining who is an extremist and dangerous muslim. Sihks attacked for their turbans? Sikhs? I don't mean to put words into the mouthes of Sihkdom, but don't sikhism and islam not get along all that well? Even outside of that, sikhism and islam aren't just 'different' religions, they're practically antithetical, in so far as monotheism/polytheism is concerned no?

So no way, no way.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Don't you all think that maybe your going overboard a little? How long has it been since 9/11....we all know that the terrorists were arab descent. Have there been mass killings of arabs in Michigan that I am not aware of? Nope didn't think so. People are not going to freak out after watching this video and go "gun happy" like you all think they will.

Give your fellow man a break, I'd trust a michigan militia man with a rifle before I'd trust a lot of the people on this board.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by aimlessly]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aimlessly
Don't you all think that maybe your going overboard a little? How long has it been since 9/11....we all know that the terrorists were arab descent.
[edit on 24-1-2005 by aimlessly]

Do we? Then how come I keep seeing references to the U.S. being behind 9/11 popping up in the media? I think that it's been long enough for us to stop talking about it - but also long enough for the idea to wind its way into pop culture.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Don't you all think that maybe your going overboard a little? How long has it been since 9/11....we all know that the terrorists were arab descent.
so what does this prove? Did you see the terrorists yourself? How do you know this is true? Surely, you're not talking about the FBI's most wanted list 3 days later, are you? What proof is that?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

so what does this prove? Did you see the terrorists yourself? How do you know this is true? Surely, you're not talking about the FBI's most wanted list 3 days later, are you? What proof is that?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by dgtempe]

Surely this video will add some false sense of security. What has me concerned, is this video contains fear motivation to reassure citizens that 9/11 was carried out by middle-eastern terrorists.

I know a 9/11 terrorist when i see one Barb. That video told me to keep a suspicous eye out for dem brown people buying up fertilizers and propane gases.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of the time the government, not too long ago, told me to be on the lookout for artists, homeless people, and tourists. I lived in New York at the time. New York is comprised mainly of artists, homeless people, and tourists. I lost all the faith I had left in the system. Before that day, I actually believed the FBI would investigate around the CIA and bring us the truth about 9/11 but that never happened. Even the CIA is now being purged to tie up loose ends in the control scheme.

They want you to fear your neighbor. They especially want you to fear the unknown. It's a concerted, conceited disinformation plan, with the added 'benefit' of enraging mulsims. The newest video is a bitter sort of frosting on the cake. It just adds onto the foundation of fear and hate with the subliminal message that all arabs and non-whites are terrorists. The number of domestic terrorism incidents has always been higher.

academic.udayton.edu...

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

www.fema.gov...

In fact the vast majority of attacks against 'America' happen overseas. If we removed our troops from foreign lands, discouraged emmigration, and curbed illegal immigration we would have no fear of terrorism. But don't forget, we can't do that, because our country has passed the threshold into a state of being wherein it cannot function properly without terrified citizens. The only truly problematic acts of terror recently will be remembered by history, the subjugation and elimination of American freedom. The true terrorists are our government officials and business leaders.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

They were almost exclusivley saudis. Should only saudis be watched then? Not jordanians? How does one determine the difference between a arab, a native to the levant, a kurd, a persian a sikh, a zoroasterian, an egyptian and a sudanese?

Have there been mass killings of arabs in Michigan that I am not aware of? Nope didn't think so.

Right, instead of hard to identify arabs, the general public takes it out on dark skinned 'middle eastern looking people' ad sihks. Some sihks have been outright killed.

People are not going to freak out after watching this video and go "gun happy" like you all think they will.

Hopefully they won't.

Give your fellow man a break, I'd trust a michigan militia man with a rifle before I'd trust a lot of the people on this board.

i prefer to trust no one with a rifle.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The seven signs of terrorism:

top topics

join