It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

CHOOSE HOPE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am writing this because I would like to put across something I was thinking about that I think is important and should be taken into deep consideration
in this current election and world situation.

I am not going to tell you who to vote for. That is not the point of this post. What I am going to tell you is to follow your hearts and do ONE thing.

CHOOSE HOPE.

A society that has lost its optimism is doomed. Without hope, we as human beings whither and die. So perhaps the one thing you can use to decide your vote is this: vote for the person who gives you the greatest sense of optimism. Vote for the one who has vision of a more just and hopeful society and world.

As a young boy, I watched astronauts walk on the moon. If you weren't alive back then, I cannot express to you the sense of optimism and positive energy that existed back then. We could and would do anything. We would go to the stars someday. The world was turbulent but was going to get better. Humanity would pull itself out of the darkness. We were starting to find our way as human beings. There was HOPE.

Now it seems that all that is fading away. War, corruption, materialism and greed are sapping the strength away from our optimism. We are getting used to a darker world that seems to get a little bit darker every day. We are killing our planet slowly but surely. We cannot continue on our present course.

Sometimes just a voice with an affirmation can change things. We need to be able to hope again. We need to know that there is at least a CHANCE that our children will at the very least do as well as we did and have a peaceful clean world to live in and have their children in.

You have to look deep into your hearts and decide who to vote for who will give us the best chance of that. Because we are truly at the crossroads. If we choose wrongly the consequences will be nothing less than disastrous. There may be no coming back.

Please pick someone who will set an optimistic tone for our country and the world.

CHOOSE HOPE.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I agree.

But in this day and age, "Hope" will probably get caught in a hotel room with hookers and small barnyard animals making a film that could never be shown in polite company.

I'd still choose Hope simply because it'd bother so many.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hope is defined as anticipation the future will get better.

Man is on an inevitable journey towards extinction.

2017 will be an interesting year in the worst sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Please pick someone who will set an optimistic tone for our country and the world.

It doesn't get much more optimistic than "Make America Great Again."

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would choose hope , but she is busy trying to rescue bo from stephano.....again. You would think they would learn, but no.
edit on 24/10/2016 by shooterbrody because: i can has spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Didn't they choose hope in 08

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Didn't they choose hope in 08

Yeah ... Hope & Change. What a crock.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Don't give up because it hasn't been achieved yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
CHOOSE HOPE.
... Without hope, we as human beings whither and die.

That is far from true.
'Hope' is the dark opposite of Faith!
'Hope' is the 'judgment' of 'that which is', finding it unacceptable, and desiring that 'your Will B Done', sometime...
It is antithetical to any spirituality.

Without (vain ignorant judgmental) 'hope', there is, perhaps, Love; Gratitude, Faith and the other Virtues.

"Be the change that you want to see!" rather than 'hoping' to find it, somehow, 'out there'.

On another note, if there is something with which you are uncomfortable, simply do nothing for long enough, and it will change/pass!

edit on 24-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join