It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Army restores cross on Assyrian church after liberating Karamalish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

www.almasdarnews.com...

BAGHDAD, IRAQ (4:05 P.M.) - The Iraqi Army was pictured on Monday raising a cross on top of a damaged Assyrian church in the recently liberated town of Karamalish near Mosul.

Iraqi soldiers could be seen restoring the cross in a sequence of photos taken by a local Iraqi news agency on Monday, marking the important liberation of this historical Assyrian town in the Nineveh Governorate.

Karamalish was under the Islamic State's control for over two years before its official liberation by the Iraqi Army this past weekend.

The Iraqi Army is now in the process of liberating the historical Al-Hamdaniyah District that is at the outskirts of Mosul.

Some good news coming out of a land ravaged by radical Islamic terrorism. That picture reminds me a lot of this one,

Raising a flag or a cross to restore control from the enemy is a great accomplishment but clearly there is much work to be done in the Middle East. Hopefully ISIS hasn't caused to much damage to this church and it's history!
edit on 24-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
All I can say really is that's great news.

Here's to more liberation.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How sad it is to see a picture that represents the best of humanity (that being our savior) next to an assault weapon, used to kill people and divide nations.

Such a powerful image.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Well, they have to carry, military and all but you raise a great point!

ISIS should have never existed but our meddling in the Middle East is clearly creating more problems than it claims it wants to solve.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Very powerful.

Also pretty significant that those liberating the town and fixing the cross are probably Muslims. The so called enemy.

Much to ponder in this photo.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yup, they're either Shia, Sunni, Kurdish or all 3.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Swills I have my own wildly unpopular opinion about why all this is happening and why it's going down the way it is. Including the end of days and all that, but honestly, I wont derail your thread by going into it all.

I will however say, that for what it's worth, this is a victory for the less oppressive forces at work in the Middle East.

The forces that have started these problems in the east are still, very much, operational. Their agenda has switched now to total hegemony before first world countries prevent further domination.

ISIS was always going to exist as long as the master-strategist Soros is alive on this planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well I take stock of that statement slightly, though I do agree with your first statement I take issue with the latter.

5:51
"O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them. Allah guides not the people of the evildoers.”

I have the benefit of knowing both the Quran and the Bible. Muslims are NOT the friends of Christians or Jews, nor is their God the same. But this is, indeed, a discussion for another thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'm more than happy as a Muslim to tell you the meaning behind that Ayat.

It is in reference to a treaty that had been signed and broken by Jews and some Christians who the Jews had coerced into breaking it.

It does not mean it as a general rule.
Or I'd have nearly zero friends & family.

It actually translates to "protector" not friends.
www.aboutjihad.com...
edit on 24-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You know, I was with you until you blamed it all on Soros. There are so many players in this game to point the finger at only him is incredible.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

He is the only man behind the curtain who is openly discussed to my knowledge. I know there are others. Powerful bankers and such but I do not know their names.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

How sad it is to see a picture that represents the best of humanity (that being our savior) next to an assault weapon, used to kill people and divide nations.

Such a powerful image.

It's a war. They need guns to fight the Islamic State. Hit them with a Bible won't work. Holly water neither.

...that comes from a Christian.

Some people are never happy.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well, lots of names are clearly all over the place but the ones you can be focused on are the politicians pushing the buttons and their donors. Who doesn't Clinton have funneling her money? Seriously, who? Trump is a JV player in the Big Leagues but he's already flipped on his "self funded" and "doesn't accept Super Pac support" and is in the pocket of at least one Wall Street Billionaire, Robert Mercer. So if Trump got elected he'd be just as corrupt as Hillary, probably worse.

Look at the rest of Congress and DC as a whole. Who funds them? But to put it simply, it's clearly the wealthy elite who only care about making more money that are in control of politics and we'd be insane to assume it's only happening here in the US.

But hasn't that always been the way our world, as far back as the books tell us anyway, that the elites rule over the population and are always the ones starting the wars. Propaganda has always been the main tool and it's so obvious these days it's laughable.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
We need more stories like this, these men went above and beyond to restore the cross on this church, a symbol of a religion most likely the do not follow. Just goes to show there are good people everywhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I see this # as wholly unnecessary.

One idiotic religion is just as useless as another.

This seems like gloating to me. The place is rubble and as the bastards that caused it are running away your first priority shouldn't be a declaration of allegiance to your favorite chosen omnipotent supernatural entity.

Your stupid churches and religious superstitious crap are the reason your country is in ruins. If you want to improve things, when rebuilding, bulldoze those places first.

This is a war against complete bastards. It's as simple as that. It is NOT a 'holy war' or 'jihad' . Religion does not, and should not enter into it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Ummm...one would venture to say that the reason their country is in ruins was due to a oppressive dictator that ruled the country for a few decades, then an unjustified war perpetuated by the American war machine, and now by Isis a radical "religious" war machine. So to blame it on religion is a logical fallicy.

If anything even as a hater of religion, this should give you hope for human kind, the cross is a symbol of Christian religion, these men are almost garuanteed to be of Muslim faith, this act shows that humanity is still present despite religious beliefs.

Just my opinion though
Crim
edit on 25-10-2016 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join