It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am right and you are wrong or I am wrong and you are right.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does it matter?

As election time nears, I find myself taking stock to who I am, what I have, and what I want.

Imagine the worse case scenario.

Now imagine the best case scenario.

Did any scenario depend on you winning a political argument?

So often now I just want to pull an Eric Cartman and say, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

It's fun to speculate, make observations, kid and rib those that take offense so easily. But does it matter?

I've learned a lot in my time here. And will continue to do so. But what I've learned is that no one has the answers.

No one is all-knowing.

To even make the claim is arrogant to the extreme.

Or maybe I'm wrong and everyone has the answers. I don't know.

I Just wanted to speak. It doesn't mean anyone has to listen, I just wanted to speak.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I guess anymore I don't believe it does matter.
I had just hoped someone had the answers, for the sake of those coming up behind us.

It's all a sad sad shame really.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's fun to speculate, make observations, kid and rib those that take offense so easily. But does it matter?

It's fun to speculate. Yeppers
To make obeservations. Yeppers
To kid and rib those that take offense so easily. Yep, they are like taking candy from a baby, so lets take all their candy and make em cry.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I guess I don't take it as seriously as others.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
No one takes politics seriously anymore, how could anyone take this theatrical performance as anything other than a complete charade?

We have two deplorable people - morally bankrupt and borderline sociopathic malcontents. Anyone who feels these candidates speak to their ideals needs to leave planet Earth because they're an enemy to humankind. I've never seen such hubris in politics before, ever.

This whole thing is a bad joke, one that could kick of thermo-nuclear war. How fun.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's hard to take serious a game in which you can not participate.

I genuinely like the discussion, but after a certain amount, it just gets nasty.

Have to take it all worth a grain anyways.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's hard to take serious a game in which you can not participate.

I couldn't agree more. It's like watching snooker. You can observe and think about the maneuvers yourself, you can even plan out the next moves (like Chess) but you can not, and are discouraged from, participating.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Discouraged? I disagree. You are encouraged to donate plenty to their campaigns!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is it wrong that I am always right?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Is it wrong that I am always right?

Not at all.

We sit at your feet and bask in your all-knowingness.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Don't forget that HERE, we are all part of a community of different backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and ideas.
As a community, we may not always realize that each of us play a unique role here...and, without saying or even being fully aware of the fact...we all have come to depend upon one another for welcome chaos, order and even diversion.

The strength and power of our ATS community rests with it's diversity; it's antagonists, it's protagonists, wackjobs and sages.

Just so you know, Dick Bimbo PI...you are valued here...for your unique role here in our community...by all of your fellow residents.

It Takes A Village.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I had a village once. I hear they miss me.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Your avatar is now forever a reminder of such pain. Such pain.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thank you.

As for the "village" remark, if the position of "Idiot" comes open. . . . I'm applying.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I had a village once. I hear they miss me.

I'm sad now.
MY village was trampled by lemmings on the way to the cliffs.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just want them to make it stop.

Can it just be over already?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Soon.

I called Nirubu. It'll be here November 7th.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Or maybe I'm wrong and everyone has the answers. I don't know.

Knowledge is like a dictionary; the 'answers' that you 'need to know' are on the page in front of your face.
Always.
Every question has an answer, but it is on a 'need to know' basis.
Knowledge = experience, "at the moment" of the experience"!

Regarding the Cirque du Freaque of politics;

If you are uncomfortable with anything, anything at all, simply do nothing for long enough, and whatever it was that disturbed your delicate sensitivities, will pass.

In the meantime, while waiting;

"Be the change that you want to see!"

I am right and you are wrong or I am wrong and you are right.

Truth is ALL inclusive;

Seven blind men surround and touch/examine an elephant. The one touching his tail exclaims that it is like a hairy snake... etc... That perspective is actually correct, but it is also quite limited. If the man wished to move the elephant to the other side of a wall, he might be led to think that he can get it through a small hole in the wall. Obviously, he will run into trouble and, perhaps, frustration and anger...
All the time he has been arguing with the others around the elephant regarding their 'perspectives'. Ego declares 'rightness' which gives rise to 'wrongness', and everyone knows that 'I' cannot be 'wrong'.. etc...
The other fellows around the elephant are finding the same problems of 'their' perspective.

All perspectives are correct, all are limited/incomplete (some more so than others).

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." - Alfred North Whitehead

If one of the men listened to the others and accepted the testimony (tentatively, of course) of another, experience will show that there will be less 'problems' with the elephant, the larger the Perspective (inclusive of other Perspectives rather than egoically contesting them).
The 'sum' of two perspectives = one new unique 'wider/deeper' Perspective. Still limited/incomplete, but more 'useful' than either one of the component Perspectives.

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

edit on 24-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I was right all along. No, I agree with you.

I try to speak to truth, that's all.

edit on 24-10-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
See...THAT right UP there is what I'm talkin' about!
THIS is what ATS is ALL about!...Normally, people have to pay cash money...or sit on a mountain, naked for wisdom like that!

ATS is exactly what it needs to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join