It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please watch this rendition of Hallelujah (From 'Shrek'/Leonard Cohen)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I find it weird that peace-making threads are ignored and mocked and disregarded.

edit on 10/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Maybe it's easier to show anger than it is to share what really touches us spiritually. emotionally-personally.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: slowisfast

originally posted by: slowisfast

COULD WE MAYBE JUST TAKE A COLLECTIVE BREAK AND TRY TO TALK?

What would you like to talk about?

Erm...thanks for asking!

Music. Art. Empathy. Beauty. Language. Dance.

All the things we find unspeakably wonderful.

Ok. Go.
I'm listening(reading)

Dude. It's unspeakable. We can only absorb it through our other senses. Smell, taste, hearing, touch......
shut your eyes and listen to it.

We can do this.

So you say this
"COULD WE MAYBE JUST TAKE A COLLECTIVE BREAK AND TRY TO TALK?"

Someone is willing to engage and have that conversation and you then say it's unspeakable and can only be absorbed through other senses.

No offense, and meant with all respect, but what does that even mean? Do you actually have something you want to speak on or were you just putting pretty words together that sound nice and feel good to say?

edit on 24-10-2016 by slowisfast because: sp

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
wigs, I really liked this song. But the lyrics always troubled me because I could not find were it said that David played and it pleased god.

The Bible never says David's music pleased the Lord, but rather that when he played the evil spirit that troubled King Saul was quieted.

1Sa 16:14 ¶ But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
17 And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.
18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
19 Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep. . . . 23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

This is what is said about the musical instruments David made

2Ch 7:6 And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of musick of the LORD, which David the king had made to praise the LORD, because his mercy [endureth] for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.

And this about those who God was passing judgement on, Namely Israel.

Am 6:1 ¶ Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!
2 Pass ye unto Calneh, and see; and from thence go ye to Hamath the great: then go down to Gath of the Philistines: be they better than these kingdoms? or their border greater than your border?
3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;
4 That lie upon beds of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their couches, and eat the lambs out of the flock, and the calves out of the midst of the stall;
5 That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of musick, like David;
6 That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments: but they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph.
7 Therefore now shall they go captive with the first that go captive, and the banquet of them that stretched themselves shall be removed.

edit on 24-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hi Buzzy,

Love this rendition. Thank you for posting.

I'm gonna check out there Christmas album too.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have a lot of trans related people and things in my recommended list on YouTube so here's one that came up last week from Jordan Gray (AKA Tall Dark Friend), a former contestant on BBC The Voice and popular performer in the UK.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

So you say this
"COULD WE MAYBE JUST TAKE A COLLECTIVE BREAK AND TRY TO TALK?"

Someone is willing to engage and have that conversation and you then say it's unspeakable and can only be absorbed through other senses.

No offense, and meant with all respect, but what does that even mean?

It means that I would very much like to have such a discussion.....

and that with the caveat that not everyone will be able to process the allegory of the video, or notice the differences between the band members that show they represent all of us.

Do you see it?
What do you think about it?

Sorry for seeming to cut you off --- it's just that there are some things, like becoming a mother - or falling love - or having a near-death-experience (or even a close call!), that cannot be described with our words. Like the concept of "God."

Siddhartha Gautama Buddha info:

Buddha did not claim to have a special relationship with God.

The fact that Buddha did not consider the existence of God to be important shows that he is not in any way related to biblical prophets or Jesus.

Buddha said it doesn’t matter whether you believe in him or not. Buddha claimed to point to the right way to escape suffering and attain enlightenment. Contrary to this, Jesus claimed to be the way.

Christianity teaches there was only one incarnation of God and he came to relieve the source of all suffering sin.

Although the Buddha did not deny the existence of gods, he taught that the worship of gods obstructed one's quest for nirvana. To him the gods inhabit the cosmos and are impermanent like all other living beings. There is no God as an eternal deity. Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, did not claim to be divine.

He claimed to be the one to point the way to Nirvana; an ultimate state in the afterlife, but it was up to each individual to find his own way there. Each has their own path to walk on to discovery.

But we could all sort of pay attention to each other as we walk our own paths, and show some respect.

www.letusreason.org...
edit on 10/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: add source

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

i Understand you completely...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

One of the best parts of the piece is that it's a waltz. Waltzes have always made my blood warm.....

rhyme, rhythm, lyrics and poetry...imagery.....tone, chords.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

sigh

Well, Chet....I'm afraid that I don't care if that particular line is in your choice of 'scripture' or not.

It is a powerful statement.....
it is a powerful song....

with emotion on the surface that speaks to all of us.

"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the lord" ----- can we not just take it as a message anyway? It's secret. A secret chord. I don't think that's a far stretch to take from that his playing calmed the evil that was troubling the king. [in the song, grammar indicates that it was King David? maybe]
Or would you rather just continue the 'family feud' ad infinitum for ever and ever?

David played his music - and it calmed the rage.

Can that just please be enough? Does it ALWAYS have to be about your specific and idiosyncratic vision?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Beautiful rendition of the original, Buzzy.

That there is some wonderful harmony going on... Now I have to go check out the rest of their music, I've never heard of this group until your post.

Thanks for sharing !

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Or maybe it's a desert? A dry lake-bed?

Still an awesome video....

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
.. thanks to everyone who has participated and attended....

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Beautiful rendition of the original, Buzzy.

That there is some wonderful harmony going on... Now I have to go check out the rest of their music, I've never heard of this group until your post.

Thanks for sharing !

Thanks, my friend. You still have that director's chair? I'm packing......

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzyWigs
It means that I would very much like to have such a discussion.....

and that with the caveat that not everyone will be able to process the allegory of the video, or notice the differences between the band members that show they represent all of us.

Do you see it?
What do you think about it?

Yeah...I see it!!!…

There’s allegory in the video for sure…the desert location being a perfect example…

But more importantly there is allegory in the song lyrics themselves…

God’s truth is encoded into the lyrics of the song IMO…

Originally posted by BuzzyWigs
Erm...thanks for asking!

Music. Art. Empathy. Beauty. Language. Dance.

All the things we find unspeakably wonderful.

Music is the HEART and SOUL of life…

This song is unspeakably beautiful…

- JC

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

KD Lang at the winter Olympics is my fave for hallelujah

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

This is easily paraphrased as God being pleased, seeing as God called off the evil spirit he had sent.

Seems simple to go from that to "it pleased the lord." Not everything has to be verbatim to your chosen version of your chosen scripture to hold up as mythologically true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join