It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Request to Monitor US Election Denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
CNN

And rightfully so. I am wondering how this even came to happen? Though it is not coming as such a shock due to Russia's incredible interest in this election and Trump's odd fondness for Putin.

Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana turned down requests from the Russian Consulate in Houston to send diplomats to monitor polling stations.
The request came from Consul General Alexander Zakharov.

Oklahoma and Texas cited state laws prohibiting it. Louisiana noted a flood in Secretary of State Schedler's office left them unprepared to plan for such a visit.

I am not making this up.

The Russian request comes after Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has repeatedly raised the prospect that the election could be "rigged" and warned of the possibility of "large-scale" voter fraud.

Oddly,

Russians have the opportunity to monitor the American election through the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, but they have chosen not to, according to (Mark) Toner (State Department Spokesman).

He added that Russia's decision not to join the OSCE missions "makes clear this issue and the story are nothing more than a PR stunt."

The Russian embassy issued a statement saying Moscow had "not submitted any requests to the Department of State regarding the election observation."

Sound confusing? Well it is.

Moscow also had this to add:

"It is obvious that in this case our American colleagues are lacking transparency for this kind of work," the statement said.

edit on 24-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Most of the confusiton comes from a story done by Russia Today stating that the US Federal government had denied requests. These requests are up to individual states and state law.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

this is such a bizarre election. It's like BizarroWorld on Seinfeld... I do not understand how this is actually reality.

"Up is down, down is up. He says hello when he leaves, goodbye when he arrives..."

The Russian piece of it is another big mystery - is it a personal vendetta from Putin? We know he hates Hillary and has said things like "At least I have a brain," as a rebuttle to saying Putin doesn't have a soul (I think that's where it came from).

Odd development indeed..
edit on 24-10-2016 by FamCore because: added BizzaroJerry video

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This is hilarious.
I assume nobody needs to watch Russia's elections? Because we already know who is going to win... I do find a parallel in that with this current election though.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I like that Seinfeld scene lol.

Maybe more like this:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

This is hilarious.
I assume nobody needs to watch Russia's elections? Because we already know who is going to win... I do find a parallel in that with this current election though.

We know who will win every year. He may change the name of his job, but he will win. Maybe there is something to be said for reliability.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Haha I'll agree with you, that video sums up this election quite well.

Maybe next one won't be as polarized and more civil. But I'm losing faith, not so much by our citizens, but rather the way these campaigns are driven these days. And the media just eats it up for ratings.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The same CNN helping Hillary you say?

Timing on this couldn't be more perfect I'll tell you that.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Like him or not he did make a different Russia. And that is for their people to decide whether or not it's for the better.

He is a very interesting individual and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to form an accurate opinion on him, but he is in my mind one of the more influential leader in this world, and he has changed geopolitics.
edit on 24-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

This really happened. No matter what you think of CNN.

It's been covered by ABC, Breitbart, NYT, Daily Beast, Dail Mail, Boston Globe...

There's a lot more. Do you want them in alphabetical order, by political bent or from National to local in alphabetical order?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

This really happened. No matter what you think of CNN.

It's been covered by ABC, Breitbart, NYT, Daily Beast, Dail Mail, Boston Globe...

There's a lot more. Do you want them in alphabetical order, by political bent or from National to local in alphabetical order?

You misunderstand me. I know this happened but I question what spin CNN would place on it.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Whether or not you see it a legitimate concern doesn't mean I or he or she or it doesn't.

US request UN oversee election
Multiple on moveon
Move on 2

Allegations of a formal request from Trump camp, but unconfirmed... like 99% of the crap out there about this election.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

We the US and UN have made the request of Russia in the past... also denied.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Lulz, funny being on the receiving end of election meddling from abroad, ain't it? Now we get how other countries feel about us pulling that "observer" s# on them.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's called Irony! The Russians were being ironic!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The US election is rigged ... always has been. The US isn't a democracy, never has been ...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Someone sure needs to.

But Russia is the last country to do so.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You gotta admit its kinda funny. It seems exactly like the kind of stunt Putin, or is administration, would pull.

Im not going to pretend like Putin is a good guy. But im not convinced he's worse that Hillary or Trump, either. There's just never any place where you can firmly find moral high ground in this election. I hope beyond hope that everyone shows up and votes 3rd party en mass.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Putin got into power utilizing FF CIA/FSB tactics...

Yuri Felshtinsky, Litvinenko, David Satter, Boris Kagarlitsky, Vladimir Pribylovsky, and the secessionist Chechen authorities claimed that the 1999 bombings were a false flag attack coordinated by the FSB to win public support for a new full-scale war in Chechnya, which boosted Prime Minister and former FSB Director Vladimir Putin's popularity, and brought the pro-war Unity Party to the State Duma and Putin to the presidency within a few months.[12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23] According to the theory, the bombings were a successful coup d'état organised by the FSB to bring Putin to power. Some of them described the bombings as typical "active measures" practised by the KGB in the past. David Satter stated, during his testimony in the United States House of Representatives,

"With Yeltsin and his family facing possible criminal prosecution, however, a plan was put into motion to put in place a successor who would guarantee that Yeltsin and his family would be safe from prosecution and the criminal division of property in the country would not be subject to reexamination. For "Operation Successor" to succeed, however, it was necessary to have a massive provocation. In my view, this provocation was the bombing in September, 1999 of the apartment building bombings in Moscow, Buinaksk, and Volgodonsk. In the aftermath of these attacks, which claimed 300 lives, a new war was launched against Chechnya. Putin, the newly appointed prime minister who was put in charge of that war, achieved overnight popularity. Yeltsin resigned early. Putin was elected president and his first act was to guarantee Yeltsin immunity from prosecution."[157]

In a 2002 interview to Echo Moskvy, Sergei Kovalyov referred to the theory of Felshtinsky and Pribylovsky as a "pure conspiracy", albeit stating that every theory should be checked.[12]

Quick and dirty source

Dude was also good buddies with Bush42.

George W. Bush Describes The Time He Went Fishing With Putin

He is not a good guy and is just as bad if not worse than ours. All of them. Over there only Stalin really beats him and that should tell you something.

top topics

join