a reply to: network dude
Now...let me start by saying I can equally pick on my own side....but here is the problems I see with the realities of the conservative side. Again,
feel free to ask me to tear of modern Democrats....I'll get right on that. But the problem I have is that what you write here is all theory and
exceptionally little practice in what Republicanism has become. I will do my best to be without feeling on this so hopefully it opens a dialogue.
I believe in accountability.
- Which I can agree with. However, modern repubs have no issue not holding Trump accountable for his statements,
alleged assaults, bankruptcies, BS Trump University scam, his inability to answer a question directly...and so forth.
I believe in integrity.
- also good but see above. Also, Bush and his "war on terrorism" and findings of WMD and the many other GOP lies
I believe that small business growth is the key to a strong economy.
- I think I can agree here actually...moving on
I believe that Abortion is wrong and takes away a life that might have been something amazing.
- This is subjective and all I can return is
subjective argument so no argument here seeing as you followed up with that great statement in parentheses - moving on
I believe we all have the right to be happy.
- Agreed. The problem here is that modern repubs are ecstatic to allow personal happiness,
unless you are gay and want equality. In that case, your happiness needs to match the GOP's happiness
- I agree to a point. It should not be taken advantage of. However, I would extend it for a short to medium term for joblessness as
long as there is clear and explicit evidence that they are trying
- I like efficiency. So long as it doesn't go to the point that we stop watching corporations.
but then you go to say something really odd (I may have taken this wrong)
...then they are given a small amount of money to their campaign from a government source funded by an election account.
- This is government
interference and I could see this becoming corrupt in literally two seconds. This is not realistic and theoretical only. But even as theory, it's easy
to see the immediate breakdown is coming with this. But then you go further and so no ads, no TV. etc. So why even give the candidate money in the
first place? Even though I really do not want the government to be able to be part of it, yet if all you want is the info to get out, then let the
government make a pamphlet, binder, internet site with ONLY the info given by the candidate. In that case, the government needs to give no money.
Realistically, PEOPLE are the problem because ultimately, government IS people. We allow campaigns, foolish and not, because the people wanted it.
- hell yeah!
Remove ourselves from needless countries were we are not welcome
- I can handle this
No kidding...nice post though
Hope I came off OK