It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

TrumpBots, Mother Russia, The Big Debate & Twitter Hashtags. Expose.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
With all the talk of CTR, & Donald Trump's apparent dominance of Social Media...

I decided to do some research into that.

Turns out... It is bot not as genuine as is being made out by his supporters from 4Chan & Reddit.

Let's have a little gander at this pre-debate experiment from Oxford University...

Trump's Twitter debate lead was 'swelled by bots'

Of course the Trump supporters won't buy this...

Maybe they will when I tell them they also tested Hillary Clinton's SM support...

It covered tweets posted on 26 September, the day of the debate, plus the three days afterwards, and relied on popular hashtags linked to the event.

The results suggested that 32.7% of such pro-Trump tweets had been posted by bots and 22.3% of such pro-Clinton ones.
In total, that represented a total of 576,178 tweets benefiting the Republican nominee and 136,639 in support of the Democratic one.

HeatSt Source

When #TrumpWon trended on Twitter after the first debate, it was obviously faked to the seasoned observer.

I retweeted an interesting image posted by a user called Dustin Giebel who tracked the bots to St. Petersburg where there is a troll farm:

Image here...

St.Trumpesburg

Tsk Tsk

What have the Russians been upto?..

It looks like Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans

Well... Shilling would be the answer to that question.

Everyone remembers the Troll city found in Russia last year, where propagandists were paid to spread pro-Russia disinformation...

Here is a thread.

Here is another...

Busy busy...

Anywho...

Turns out the guy who uncovered this goes back and checks up on these accounts...

And, well...

"I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still.

And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives.

I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said.

Ha. Smart.

So... back to HeatSt...

After a denial from Trendsmap that it originated in Russia...
More digging was done...

So whether or not #TrumpWon started in Russia could not be determined merely by crossing Trendsmap locators and the hashtag.

The behavior of a Twitter account is another factor in determining if it is a Russian-controlled bot.

Bot Types!!!

There are two types of bot. Firstly, there are the purely automated accounts. These and onlythese are the types of bot referred to in the BBC study (which, again, did not track the most popular hashtag, #TrumpWon).

The second type of “Bot” is a human being who is working for the Russian government in a troll farm in St. Petersburg, pretending to be somebody he isn’t – like an American mother in Florida (@StaceyBrewer18, temporarily known as “Mom For Trump” on twitter).

Lulz.

There is videos at the link of how Bots start a "trend" on Twitter...
If you need YouTube to clarify what is being done here.

Onto DisinfoWars...

Russian Troll Farm Bots Working With The @PrisonPlanet account!!!

As I got closer on my researches to pinpointing the way that various bots work with the trigger accounts, @PrisonPlanet, one of the most actively involved accounts, a human being and verified account working for infowars...

...The name of this man is Paul Joseph Watson. He  denies any knowledge of how the Russian troll farms use his account...

Ahhh, PJW...
Probably the most disingenuous little scrotum itch to ever call himself a "journalist"...

Plenty more at the links provided...

Just thought while everyone is being told "thanks for correcting the record" (hehe original, eh), we could also thank the TrumpBots for their everlasting presence from the Former Soviet Nations.

Спасибо for reading!!!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here comes the damage control, right on time. Instant +15 stars for you!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well done post.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Maybe Russia does support Trump.

Looks like Hillary might be the only one in favor of a nuclear war. A vote for a Hillary is a vote for Nuclear war. It's that simple.

Keep supporting her.

Unless your guaranteed a spot in a bunker somewhere she is a Narcissistic Sociopath and you mean nothing to her.

If I was Russia I would support Trump and I would even try to interfere with the election. I would do anything to avoid Nuclear War, even vote for Trump.

edit on 24-10-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Questions really need to be answered, Trump what have you done?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My math is horrible, but I'm pretty certain that using the numbers provided and subtracting out the Bot contribution it is still roughly 1.2 million for Trump and 600 Thousand for Clinton. Still very lopsided, take that for what you will. Numbers are always a great way of twisting things.
edit on 24-10-2016 by QuietSpeech because: corrected mistake

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Here comes the damage control, right on time. Instant +15 stars for you!

I'm sure you said the same when Correct The Record was exposed.

No memes?

How many stars ✨ were you fishing 🎣 for with that one liner that didn't address the topic???
edit on 24-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

And you think..Mr Diplomacy will not start something? the guy who say's, "if we have nukes why can't we just use them".

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Maybe Russia does support Trump.

Looks like Hillary might be the only one in favor of a nuclear war. A vote for a Hillary is a vote for Nuclear war. It's that simple.

Keep supporting her.

Unless your guaranteed a spot in a bunker somewhere she is a Narcissistic Sociopath and you mean nothing to her.

If I was Russia I would support Trump and I would even try to interfere with the election. I would do anything to avoid Nuclear War, even vote for Trump.

It is only Trump that has said if we have nukes why aren't we using them?

So, Russia should really avoid trump if that is how they feel.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Questions really need to be answered, Trump what have you done?

Because we already know what Hillary has done. We know one of our candidates deserves prison. But you have nothing on Trump and it's killing you.

He was a wealthy man who used to be an ass to women. He apologized for what he did, and dismissed those whom he said are lying.

You have nothing else.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

And you think..Mr Diplomacy will not start something? the guy who say's, "if we have nukes why can't we just use them".

Last time I checked he didn't produce them, nor did he order the production of them. Why did they build them if not to use them? I agree with Trump.

If there is a war, why wouldn't we use them? Any war with a Nuclear State will go Nuclear. It's not complicated, unless your head is buried in the sand.

Or do you suppose we build bombs for show only? What a waste of money if that is the case.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Dude...

This is old news, can't remember back like 6 months?

Trumps fake twitter bots... IN APRIL

Guess what?

Hillary does it TOO!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

That's quite a lot of stars in such a short time.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the hundreds of new ghost accounts made in the last week.

1 star per minute isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.
Nor are stars in general.

I prefer readers to little green blobs that mean nothing to nobody.

Gonna address the topic yet???

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Dude...

This is old news, can't remember back like 6 months?

Trumps fake twitter bots... IN APRIL

Guess what?

Hillary does it TOO!

Trump or Hillary doesn't do bots themselves its there supporters. Trumps has lots of supporters in russia

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Whoa, almost 1,000 in 30 days. That's a tell if I ever saw one. ATS has been infiltrated.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I can't believe what you just said, they are a deterrent.
Do you have even the slightest clue about what will happen in a nuclear exchange? ..nobody wins.

Anyway we are treading off topic.
Peace

edit on 24-10-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Even Trump's suspected bots are better than the Clinton ones.

But about that image, it appears even the anti-Trump Washington Post finds it to be without evidence:

We know that online trolls were trying to game the politics of the debate, but that was American Reddit and 4chan users who were trying to move the online polls that sprang up after the debate was over. But this seems unlikely. Over Twitter, Chen told me that "none of the trolls that I have catalogued tweeted #trumpwon," suggesting that if St. Petersburg trolls were tweeting the hashtag, it wasn't trolls that Chen has been tracking. Others reinforced that.

Remember, too, that Trump started using the phrase "Trump Won" in ads even before the debate ended. Most major news sites, including The Post, had big banner ads reading "TRUMP WON" in capital letters. The effort didn't need much help from a few trolls in Russia.

But, again, we only have this one image that suggests that's who was behind it in the first place. It plays nicely into the idea that Russian agents are doing their best to rig the election for Trump, but in this case, the evidence simply isn't there.

Source

So he uses his next best method of determining whether they are Russian, even if they are located in the UK and elsewhere on Trendsmap, is that they post something with Putin, Brexit, Trump, Nigel Farage, none of which proves a bot to be Russian. Hilarious detective work.

edit on 24-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

It's so obvious at this point that it's cringe worthy. There's a reason why so many tabloid anti-Trump stories have been pushed to the front page and burying the real scandals, leaks and conspiracies being exposed on a daily basis.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

So does Hillary. Podesta has been linked and let's not forget Uranium One.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join