It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian pareidolia coincidences...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
That post could be construed as a bit snippy, don't you think?

I pretty much gave you multiple examples of everything you asked for, and then you asked me to continue to prove my point by showing you examples of similar objects on Earth. At that point, I gathered that you weren't seriously interested in taking what I had to show you seriously, and weren't going to be persuaded even if I continued to take the time to show you what you asked for.

There are examples. Look for them. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
Those are great finds. I'm also really curious about the hi-res Martian photo's. I actually did a thread on it about 6 years ago here....

On the Way to Bonneville - Mars Pics

Here are a few of my favorites from shots taken from the rovers:

And here's another with tons of interesting things but I'll just highlight one right after this. Here's the large version of the pic:

What does Tyronne mean? It looks like water reflecting the sky

curiouser and curiouser!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have no idea what 'tyrone' is meant to signify in that photo.

But it does cue me to ask a question that has only occurred to me in the last 24 hours, and one to which I can't find an answer online (I may be unable to think of the right search terms).

This picture is one of the bits of NASA's evidence for flowing water on present-day Mars. It shows seasonal streaks descending from higher altitudes to lower altitudes, extending down a slope.

This has been going on for billions of years, apparently.

So how is the water at the higher altitude being replenished?

There's no rainfall on Mars (supposedly), so the best idea I can come up with is capillary action when the thaw sets in, drawing water upward more efficiently due to the lower gravity. But if that's the case, why doesn't the water just flow downhill from its original altitude in the first place?

This one is giving me a headache. Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
With regard to strange looking rocks do a google image search for ventifacts.

Here are some example from Earth I and a few other members have posted these in the past.

Lots of them in McMurdo Valley

The McMurdo Dry Valleys are a row of snow-free valleys in Antarctica located within Victoria Land west of McMurdo Sound. The Dry Valleys experience extremely low humidity and surrounding mountains prevent the flow of ice from nearby glaciers

Would you look at that Antarctica at a location which has winds, low temperatures and is dry that sounds a bit like a small planet between here and Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, no evidence of any rocks that look like snakes, then?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Who are you replying to?

Look through enough images and you will find one.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I'm replying to you, as you understood perfectly well, and I do not propose to spend the rest of my life (or indeed any of it) seeking pictures of vertical snake-shaped terrestrial rocks created by erosion.

There are three reasons for this decision:

1) I am not the one claiming that such things can easily arise by a freak of nature
2) In fact, I am the one saying that the above idea is a load of self-evident bosh and such things do not exist in any meaningful way if at all
3) Actually, I've forgotten what 3 was, but the first two are sufficient anyway
3) Oh, yes, just remembered: Your mum.
4) And I cannot prove a negative, you have to prove the positive that you are asserting is the case. Just one example will clinch your argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Most folk on here have the smarts to hit the reply button on a members post that way they know 100% it's a reply to their post,also most members will do a search to see if something has been posted before say like everyone of your examples in the OP but as you have stated above EFFORT is not your strong point.

As for the mention of my mother (who happens to be dead) that makes you a

A quick search in google images brings up the image above a vertical rock that looks like a snake, trouser snake that is

edit on 29-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As I have said before, but as you seem incapable of recognising, I was not claiming that the images were new. And as for the 'your mum' comment, you know perfectly well that it's a common joke and nothing personal at all, so that was a cheap shot.

As I have also said before, you're the one claiming vertical snake-like rocks definitely exist, so it's up to you to back up your claims. Not up to me.

PS: I didn't hit 'reply' to this, but any normal person who isn't being deliberately obtuse will be able to infer that it is directed at you, due to being part of an obvious sequence, which is how conversations normally take place.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Only because of the content of this post I know it is for me. As for a cheap shot I am not the one who has to bring up your mum references when YOU don't know another members circumstances for all YOU know my mother may have died a couple of days ago. Just because I haven't posted a link to the image you require doesn't mean they don't exist does it

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

As for a cheap shot I am not the one who has to bring up your mum references when YOU don't know another members circumstances for all YOU know my mother may have died a couple of days ago.

For all I know (sic bold), YOU might have had half your head shot off in a freak fireworks accident, but that wouldn't stop me calling YOU a half-wit. YOU'RE really over-doing it now, and it's a bit embarrassing.

Just because I haven't posted a link to the image you require doesn't mean they don't exist does it

This is just a thinly-disguised way of saying 'Prove me wrong!' Not worth bothering with.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join