It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REINCARNATION??..16 Year Old Teen Awakes From Coma Speaking Fluent Spanish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Here's an interesting story that recently took place. Six years ago there was a thread concerning a similar situation involving a Croatian teen who awoke from a coma speaking fluent German, but was unable to speak her own native language.

Psychiatric expert Dr Mijo Milas added: "In earlier times this would have been referred to as a miracle, we prefer to think that there must be a logical explanation – its just that we haven't found it yet.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
This current case involves a 16 year old athlete from Georgia. Rueben Nsemoh got kicked in the head during a soccer game. He stopped breathing several times and received his third concussion, resulting in a coma for three days. When he woke up he was able to speak fluent Spanish, which he couldn't speak before and temporarily lost the ability to speak English. Eventually his English returned and his ability to speak fluent Spanish faded. He stated his friends wanted him to learn Spanish and often spoke it around him.

For now, the teenager hasn't returned to school as he continues to recover from the injury, and it's unclear when, or if, he'll be able to play again. "Sometimes I daze out," the teen told WSB-TV. "Sometimes I feel like I'm not here, but I am."

www.foxnews.com...

Our subconscious probably can recall past memories, which might account for this teen remembering his friends speaking Spanish to him. However, how does a human brain form the neural connections needed to speak a foreign language fluently while in a coma? Some people might think that this is a form of "Foreign Accent Syndrome":

Foreign accent syndrome is a rare medical condition in which patients develop speech patterns that are perceived as a foreign accent[1] that is different from their native accent, without having acquired it in the perceived accent's place of origin.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some patients who suffer brain injuries occasionally lose the ability to talk in their native accent - but now scientists may know why. The condition, called "foreign accent syndrome", affects only a tiny number of patients. It can mean that a native English speaker can end up sounding more like Spanish or French.

news.bbc.co.uk...
In each of the above two cases, both teens were able to speak a foreign language "fluently", so I don't think this syndrome explains this result. Some "spiritual" people might think that these cases are proof that souls are reincarnated. There have been many cases involving people, especially young children remembering past lives:

Nearly six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger. Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated.

abcnews.go.com...

Was a woman who died in a devastating Chicago hotel blaze more than 20 years ago reincarnated as a little boy? That's the bizarre claim of Ohio 5-year-old Luke Ruehlman, who is apparently convinced he was once called Pam and perished in a previous life after leaping from a burning building. His mom Erica said he started talking about the unknown woman when he was just 2 years old, reports Fox 8.

www.nydailynews.com...

A young boy remembers a past life "reincarnation" he had where he was murdered. The 3-year old correctly identified the spot he was buried, the village he was from, and the murderer. Is this proof that reincarnation is real?

Here's one more example:

In the most bizarre instance of a potential connection, Tucker thought Ryan may have provided an incorrect detail about Martyn’s life when he said he “didn’t see why God would let you get to be 61 and then make you come back as a baby.” Tucker found that Martyn had died in 1964 at the age of 59, not 61. However, after examining old census records, Tucker discovered that Martyn had been born in 1903, not 1905 as his birth certificate claimed, making Ryan’s statement eerily correct.

www.breitbart.com...
Any ideas or thoughts on this? Please share them. This could be an interesting discussion.

edit on 10/24/2016 by shawmanfromny because: added a statement

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Foreign accent syndrome seems to imply simply speaking with a non-native accent. I'd think speaking in an entirely different language would be something quite a bit different.

That said, your thread does remind me of the Aussie teen who awoke speaking fluent Mandarin, so I'll add this.

Edit: for those unable to view the video at the moment. The young Aussie had taken some low level Mandarin before his coma.

Upon waking from his week long coma, the first person he saw was a Chinese nurse and he believes that's what triggered his inner dialogue to switch from English to fluent Mandarin.
edit on 10/24/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Interesting stuff.

Much like people know how to do things they have never done before.

Would be fascinating to unlock the stuff locked away in our brains.

Woe to the person who is the reincarnation of say, Pol pot, or Stalin, or Hitler tho.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The brain sure is a mysterious little thing, so many secrets.

Well done thread

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is extremely interesting. Thought proceeds language, so it makes me wonder how they are able to tap into these fluent thought patterns completely foreign to them.

Reincarnation could be an idea.

Tapping into the collective unconscious could be another.

Hall of records?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What if it is something like genetic memory? Maybe the guy from Georgia has Spanish ancestors and the coma triggered a latent memory in his brain.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
For me it does not really prove or disprove reincarnation.

With certain calibrations of the brain that affect flow of energy in the brain the speech center become activated and people speak in tongues (form word speech song that they do not them selves understand). Maybe the calibration is connected with entangled information being channeled from somewhere/someone else thru the unconscious to the conscious.

In this case we have a brain that is calibrated to a complete language with complete understanding of that language into the brain replacing the native language pattern stored in the brain for a while.

I does not really matter how the entangled information is manifested but the Orch OR-Quantum theory by Stuart Hamerhoff and Hameroff Penrose claim the information is stored in the microtubules. It is the best theory I have seen so far.
edit on 24-10-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

These sensational articles come up on a semi-regular basis. Invariably, the "extraordinary" claim turns out to be that the person in question already knew some of the language and that the claims of fluency are greatly exaggerated.

Case in point: the video above. The person had lived in Shanghai and had Mandarin classes. It's not unimaginable that during his brain's repair, it made some better neurological connections that allowed him to speak better than befor. But fluent? Did the nurse in question also speak fluent mandarin and, after a lengthy and grammatically challenging conversation, deduce he was indeed fluent? Or where they more shocked that a Westerner could speak some Mandarin, and this claim got exaggerated (intentionally or not) because it makes for a good news story? Fact is, we have no way of knowing, although one of these outcomes is exceedingly more likely than the other.

Edit: and another case in point: the person in the OP already could speak German to some extent. At least, good enough to watch german movies and read german books. Pretty good, some might say. So yet another "extraordinary" claim that doesn't seem so extraordinary when not sensationalised for clicks. That OP managed to conclude "therefore, reincarnation! is just silly and demonstrates an utter lack of critical thinking. Deny ignorance, and all that.
edit on 24-10-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation, I also believe you had all of the world's languages inbeded in your dna, what if the concusions trigger that part of DNA creating a sort of random confusion?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I didn't "conclude" anything, oh wise one. Many people believe in reincarnation....I do not. Did you see the question mark that came after the word reincarnation in my thread title? Nor, did I post this thread for "click" bait. I'm not a teenager seeking attention by posting trivial crap on social media. This thread was posted in an attempt to start a polite discussion on this interesting subject. I simply provided links and video clips that may give credence to the claim of reincarnation. Your claim that this post is "silly" and that I lack "critical thinking" just makes you look like a contemptuous human being.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There so soooo many cases of children who remember past lives, it's actually a staggering amount! I definitely believe it is through reincarnation this happens. Reincarnation is accepted in many cultures, however the West is slow to convince.

Dr. Ian Stevenson has spent countless years studying this phenomena. It's still an ongoing research as science has yet to explain how this happens. As we understand consciousness so may we understand how memories from past lives are recalled.

I’m pleased to offer a full introduction to the pioneering work of Dr. Ian Stevenson, who provides the academic underpinnings for the entire field. Dr. Stevenson spent forty years researching and meticulously documenting more than 2600 cases of children’s past life memories that give undeniable evidence for the truth of children’s past life memories. Dr. Stevenson was truly the first. His work is extremely valuable, and not yet fully understood or explored
www.carolbowman.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage
Exactly what I thought. I wonder if the nurse was Spanish.

I'm always wary when they say fluent. What did he say? Did others translate it or did he sound Spanish. Fluent is the term I don't agree with.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
What's more common is children having imaginary friends and perceiving what adults can't perceive.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The human brain is still somewhat a mystery in many regards. The following is of course just my opinion...

I believe under the right (or perhaps wrong) conditions the mind is capable of great extrapolation. And perhaps simply hearing a spoken language, foreign to your own, subconciously could be extrapolated to wide understanding and subsiquent fluid speach. Even if the sample size of said foreign language was small.

I honestly find nothing about it that lends support to reincarnation, other then the fact we do not understand it.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Your headline literally has "REINCARNATION??" in it, followed by some videos about reincarnation when, had you actually read the article with a critical mind, it would become apparent that even making that link is absurd beyond belief.

But hey, let's not think critically, let's instead take sensationalist news stories at face value and draw all sorts of fanciful, nonsensical conclusions. That would make for good discussion, wouldn't it!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's probably been 25 years now but I remember watching an episode of Unsolved Mysteries...you know then one with Robert Stack. Anyways, there was an episode of where this dude fell asleep on his math book. When he awoke he knew everything in that book. Needless to say, this started a long trend of me sleeping on my school books lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I have mentioned before that I do know someone who remembers multiple past lives with good clarity. I do think this is because of the existence of the soul. However, I do think that there isn't just one level of soul, and in fact there is a higher-level soul... though I would say this is just a gut feeling and not based on concrete evidence. The soul apparently has access to additional memories.

So our memories are past down from our family, but apparently souls can be "defective" in a way that leaks memories laterally from other families when a soul transfers to another body.

I think scientists would be better off if they just acknowledged that yes there are probably souls based on the known evidence of lateral memory transitions. They are not supernatural. Souls are part of nature.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dixiecracker
What if it is something like genetic memory? Maybe the guy from Georgia has Spanish ancestors and the coma triggered a latent memory in his brain.

Yea, he could've Spanish ancestors.

But how in the world would he speak their language if he never had any contact?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: MamaJ
What's more common is children having imaginary friends and perceiving what adults can't perceive.

That sounds good, but it's not the case. Of course children have imaginary friends but this is not what that's about.

Thousands of cases each year are researched and studied. What the child knows is confirmed with records of deceased people, etc...

If one looks into the subject of reincarnation one cannot deny the phenomena. How and why it happens are the mysteries.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

I think what you are referring to is what "they" call "soul groups".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join