It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Kremlin says all of Syria must be “liberated”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

“There are just two options: Assad sitting in Damascus or the Nusra sitting in Damascus,” Peskov said in a reference to the Nusra Front, al Qaeda’s branch in Syria that renamed itself Fatah al-Sham Front earlier this year. “And Assad must sit in Damascus to ensure a political settlement.”

Peskov’s statement comes as the break in the fighting Russia has declared in the besieged city of Aleppo entered its third day before seemingly collapsing Saturday night. He said Russia’s decision to extend the break, which was initially declared for just one day Thursday, wasn’t a concession to Western pressure.
SOURCE

The question is, who is going to back down in Syria? We now know that Russia isn't going to back down. We know that Hillary Clinton isn't planning to back down.

Clinton’s “No-Fly Zone” over Syria Will Not “Save Lives”. It Will Lead to War with Russia. Warning of JCS Chairman General Dunford

The "cooler heads will prevail" theory is kind of skating on thin ice. The U.S. presidential election seems to be a formality, so what have we got?

Russia saying they won't back down versus Hillary Clinton saying she won't back down.

Neither of these parties strike me as posturing on this issue at this moment. It seems to me that it's almost destined that they're going to meet head on.

The other prevailing theory concerning why WW3 won't happen can be summed up as follows:

No one's going to do it because it will lead to too much destruction.

Anger is a form of insanity. When I think of Hillary Clinton versus Russia I see a lot of anger...all it takes is a button being pushed.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Politics aside...

“There are just two options: Assad sitting in Damascus or the Nusra sitting in Damascus,” Peskov said in a reference to the Nusra Front, al Qaeda’s branch in Syria that renamed itself Fatah al-Sham Front earlier this year. “And Assad must sit in Damascus to ensure a political settlement.”

I see a third. A Russian and US coalition eliminating all authoritarian forces in Syria (Assad AND Daesh) then chopping it up. Give the Palestinians the western piece, let the actual few Syrians keep the bulk in the middle and give the east to the Kurds.

No more issues with Israel and Palestine. No mores issue with Kurds and pretty much everyone else trying to keep them from getting a piece of the pie. UN lifts sanctions on Russia, assuming they continue to play nice (AKA no more Black Sea grabs). US and Russia work together to make these 3 places as stable as Israel, unlike what we did in Iraq.

Everyone but Daesh and a tin pot dictator wins.

No?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

He is absolutely on point, all of Syria must be liberated from the west's proxy armies of Daesh and Al Nusra and all accompanying "rebel" groups.

The way our state deparment operates has been fully exposed through the Clinton leaks and it quite clear what is going on.

We can only hope that they can liberate the good people of Syria long before Clinton gets to attempt to put a no fly zone over the area and create a new Libya.

If they do so hopefully then can deter this insanity and we will continue to get more exposure of the corruption of the western military industrial complex and their bankster friends.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031amMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
We can only hope that they can liberate the good people of Syria long before Clinton gets to attempt to put a no fly zone over the area and create a new Libya.

The problem is that Obama & EU saved the Sunni 50% population.

The remaining 50% of Shiites, Christians, Kurd's and Druze are now mostly dead.

So when the Syrians return, Saudi Arabia will have the oil as Syria will be repopulated mostly with Sunni's.

And the evil west USA,EU,Vatican maintain their claws on black liquid money (oil fields).

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This situation should show people the U.S. is a crock of crooked sh1t, Assad was a elected president of a sovereign nation.. Russia is doing the correct thing in keeping him in power.

I have said this a number of times when I come into contact with Syrians I have not found one that says a bad word about Assad, and when Damascus was the centre of trade for people of all religions and faiths without incident does that not show you that the country was working just fine..

Drop off a bunch of highly funded mercenaries and that all changed quickly..

Edit:: it also seems the world has forgotten about the Yazidi tribe women that still being held as sex slaves, these are innocent women and children for Christ sake!!!!...

RA
edit on 24-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Added

edit on 24-10-2016 by slider1982 because: So

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I have seen Daesh first hand. They are no proxy US anything. They are hard line fundamentalists, think Puritans on crack at a Witch burning party. Some of the other groups we are supporting are questionable though.

And if you try to say Daesh is Nursa or vice versa, you are so wrong it is not even funny. Al Nursa is mostly AQI that formed up in 2011 iirc. I believe that we/the US may be playing with them and we shouldn't be. However neither should Russia be...

It may sound paradoxical—helping the enemy of your friend—but the logic is actually straightforward: Better the terrorists go abroad and fight in Syria than blow things up in Russia. Penetrating and co-opting terrorism also has a long, well-attested history in the annals of Chekist tradecraft. Milashina makes her case study the village of Novosasitili in Dagestan’s Khasavyurt district. Since 2011, nearly 1 percent of the total population of Novosasitili has gone to Syria—22 out of 2,500 residents. Of that figure, five were killed and five have returned home. But they didn’t leave Russia without outside help. The FSB established a “green corridor” to allow them to migrate first to Turkey, and then to Syria. (Russians, including those living in the North Caucasus, can catch any of the daily non-stop flights to Istanbul and visit Turkey without a visa.) “I know someone who has been at war for 15 years,” Akhyad Abdullaev, head of the village, tells Milashina. “He fought in Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq, and now in Syria. He surely cannot live peacefully. If such people go off to war, it’s no loss. In our village there is a person, a negotiator. He, together with the FSB, brought several leaders out of the underground and sent them off abroad on jihad. The underground resistance has been weakened, we’re well off. They want to fight—let them fight, just not here.”

Source
edit on 24-10-2016 by thesungod because: some not so

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thankyou Russia.

Stand with Assad, every thing western media says is a load of crap, the people know it.

Hopefully a few of the political powers in the US will fall after its been discovered they were responsible for many brutal acts committed in the last several years.

Russia, I trust you are filming everything during this surprise ceasefire, drones in the air and camera's setup to capture western militants rearming and regrouping with significant assistance from the US.

Saturate the media with footage of Western Crimes in Syria, pull the curtain down!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey etc on down the line have facilited the growth of Daesh under the guidance of America, hence the high tech weaponry they have from our Millitary industrial complex, making them our proxy army.

As far as Al CIA Duh is concerned, we have had a hand in their evolution since we helped create the Mujahadeen.

Also in regards to the author of your linked article...It seems Michael Weiss is quite the propagandist. At least that is what his work here at foreign policy shows.

Also worth noting in all this chaos is Operation Gladio B.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031amMonday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

a reply to: thesungod

Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey etc on down the line have facilited the growth of Daesh under the guidance of America, hence the high tech weaponry they have from our Millitary industrial complex, making them IMO our proxy army.

As far as Al CIA Duh is concerned, we have had a hand in their evolution since we helped create the Mujahadeen.

Also in regards to the author of your linked article...It seems Michael Weiss is quite the propagandist. At least that is what his work here at foreign policy shows.

Also worth noting in all this chaos is Operation Gladio B.

What high tech equipment? 1970s TOW missiles?

Which Mujahadeen did we create exactly? That's like saying the CIA created "Crusaders". Unless you are referring to the Iranian Mojahedin-e-Khalq, which is a military unit. If you are referring to AQ they formed in the late 80s in post Russia Afghanistan. Yes we helped create them and many other terrors. Again, Russia had a hand in that pie as well.

As for Michael Weiss, he may be, but if had BOTHERED to read the story...

Yet a recent investigation conducted by Novaya Gazeta, one of the few independent newspapers left in Russia, complicates this cozy tale of counterterrorist cooperation. Based on extensive fieldwork in one village in the North Caucasus, reporter Elena Milashina has concluded that the “Russian special services have controlled” the flow of jihadists into Syria, where they have lately joined up not only with ISIS but other radical Islamist factions.

Who is Elena Milashina? A prize winning Russian journalist.

His source is a Russian reporter working at a Russian newspaper. Not admitted RT or Sputnik propaganda (RT and Sputnik aren't available in Russia FYI.) I personally can only speak a little Russian and none of it good. So I linked to the American story which has links to the Russian story. Google translate will confirm what she wrote.

Again, I'm not anti-Russia. I actually like the people, just spent some time over there if you dig through my posts. That said we BOTH (the US and Russia) helped create this mess. Instead of pointing guns at one another we should both be pointing guns at them.
edit on 24-10-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

WTF,how about going with the countrys plan and have their allie there,any foreigners should leave the country,this is real simple,except truth is US wants their oil and control for Isreal,.apparently will stop at nothing to do it,even if it involves nuking the US,after all Isreal is far away from the fall out

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I can't believe I missed your post. Assad was democratically elected twice, yes. With no opposing candidate. Do you know why and do you know voting & laws in Syria? I do.

Syria has been in a "state of emergency" since 1963. Assad was supposed to get the People's Council to approve anything he did, sort of like how the congress checks the President, except during a state of emergency. Which the country has been in since 1963.

Also all Presidential candidates in Syria must be approved by the same group, except during a state of emergency also. Which is why he has been running unopposed and being the "HEIR APPARENT" is what got him the seat in the first place.

To vote in Syria you must be in the Ba'ath Party, others can cast ballots, but unless the People's Council approves them as well they don't count. Only the Ba'ath votes do. If you are going to try and dote on the 2014 election... well uh his two opponents were regime approved and the Ba'ath votes thing is still in effect as their STILL isn't a People's Council.

The first HIGHLY funded mercenaries dropped and started causing problems were all the way 2011 right? Wrong, in 2000 right after Assad "won" his first election he faced what was called at the time "Damascus Spring" where the Mezzeh Prison was closed. A bunch of muslim brotherhood and others got out and started wrecking havoc in eastern syria as early as 2003 and then hopping the border into iraq to kill infidels beginning of 2004 roughly. These organized groups exploited the power vacuum we left in Iraq. And now Daesh and the thousand splinters.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Just a personal advice : keep the Golan heights for the end ...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Just hire Trump to oust Isis folks. It's true, believe me. Trump would get rid of Isis and liberate Syria in 24 hours. It's going to be wonderful I promise

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

" When I think of Hillary Clinton versus Russia I see a lot of anger...all it takes is a button being pushed. "

I hope you spoke presciently there, that it WOULD be HRC v. Russia rather than the US v. Russia.

Hopefully, she wants to stand up to Russia, the rest of us, (US), will stand up and say.......'You Alone, we're not with you!"

I mean........honestly, what does it matter to the US if Russia helps Assad "liberate" all of Syria? Assad never hurt the US and Syria can be Russia's own little Viet Nam/Afghanistan...........we know how well that's worked for them in the past.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Just hire Trump to oust Isis folks. It's true, believe me. Trump would get rid of Isis and liberate Syria in 24 hours. It's going to be wonderful I promise

its delusion trumps gonna even make it close.

he cant even win red state gimmies like utah, arizona, texas, and georgia. if he cant win those hillary is going to win in a landslide.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

He is absolutely on point, all of Syria must be liberated from the west's proxy armies of Daesh and Al Nusra and all accompanying "rebel" groups.

The way our state deparment operates has been fully exposed through the Clinton leaks and it quite clear what is going on.

If they do so hopefully then can deter this insanity and we will continue to get more exposure of the corruption of the western military industrial complex and their bankster friends.

all americans are going to do is push all those isis fighteres back into syria , and let that mess stay in syria.

russia gonna get bogged down in a guerilla war like in afghanistan. those rebels just gonna conduct a guerilla war and go underground and blend in, and russians be stuck in that for decades with arab allies funding the rebels.

russia has no choice, its not about syria, its about the pipeline that will get built and cut off russian oil profits to europe if assad gets removed. so russians in a lose lose situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The question is, who is going to back down in Syria? We now know that Russia isn't going to back down. We know that Hillary Clinton isn't planning to back down.

The thing is our congress and senate can make Hillary back down. Even our generals can refuse to follow her orders if they deem it to hazardous to the US. But in Russia Putin's word is law. Just something to think about.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Don't forget the real reasons why US is acting in Syria :

top topics

join