It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congratulations...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Okay gotcha, so that is the way you portray it. Eloquence isn't always my strong suit.

Very admirable of you.

I do find the psychologist thing intriguing. Cause I read this just the other day.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Thank you. :-)

That is an interesting article. I think if you were to average it all out it would be fairly even. Regardless of the political view, at the very heart of this we are all human and subject to the same fears and anxieties. I think it can safely be said that both sides fear that a significant change is coming. As many have pointed out, it may not matter who wins. The change is inevitable. 'Two wings on the same bird' sort of thing. I might take that a step further and say that the change isn't even the biggest fear people have. Its the backlash afterward. Once the ruling party has made its move, the response is the thing I think most people are afraid of. Or more precisely, the response to the response.

1- As your new president, I am doing THIS.
2- Vigorous uprising against THIS.
3- Overly enthusiastic deployment to squelch the uprising.
4- ?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Great minds... This is why I'm leaving for a bit on the 3rd. I'm scared of the move, the response and all other actions. I'm not afraid to admit that. Plan is to let it simmer down and come back or come back and claim what family I have left before leaving permanently if necessary.

I already fought a war sent off with a lie and a flag. I won't do that again. To protect people, yes. Me and mine, yes. For someone else? NEVER AGAIN.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
a reply to: AceWombat04

Thanks. I appreciate it. Care to take a stab at my questions?

I don't feel they're truly applicable to me. Only those who hold those views can answer them.

I can only say I hope civility and cooperation return to political discourse, regardless of which side people find themselves on.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

That is an AWESOME answer

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
After reading the COUNTLESS political threads on here (and other places), dealing with divisiveness of my extended family over social political issues which I'm not even involved in (Reps and Dems agree on 75% of politics, just not social issues mostly, consider the differences of say British political parties versus our two or even say the South African ones...), and pretty much being told "I'm sorry, but no you can not have that fed contract even though you had the best bid and track record, because you are White and your company is not diverse enough," (I have 5 employees including myself, one AA and one NA, and I'm half NA myself, I just don't use it as a crutch), I am expatriating again for a while.

No this isn't a Trump thing. I can't stand the money launderer/loophole abuser (release your tax returns, unredacted.)

No this isn't a Clinton thing. I can't stand the serial traitor (release your emails and Ambassador Stevens, unredacted.)

This is a me being tired and having more future aspects in IRAQ of all places.

So congrats trolls and shills. You both sorta half won one. If you can call it that.

BUT I HAVE TO KNOW A FEW THINGS...

1-Is this the agenda you both LEFT AND RIGHT want to support, the division of America along racial, political and even FASHION lines?

In my mind RACE, POLITICS and yes even fashion should bring people together.
"Hey, I like the Detroit Jit why does it have to be an AA thing?"
"I've always heard that supply side economics was better than Keynesian, but you make a pretty good case. Here are the flaws I see though. How can we combine the pros from both and limit the cons?"
Or even... "OMG, ugliest pants ever, they'd be pretty in Aqua though."

2-Are you really okay with two FELONS running for office?

Even if 1% of what is out there about either candidate is true (I'm personally stuck on emails/intelligence leaks and tax returns/money laundering myself) then they are both immoral, unethical, and should both be barred from politics, if not in jail.

3-Do you push these agendas at home, with your children or siblings?

If you are, then you are in my opinion teaching children to hate based on your beliefs, not their experiences. Roll around the house screaming about Clinton? What is your daughter/sister going to take away from that? Do the same thing about Trump? What is your son/brother taking away from that? Dem or Rep? Are you teaching your children and fellows to be divisive over imaginary groups?

I'm no saint. I'm guilty of some of these things. I am however going to make a change.

My flight is on the 3rd. I may be back to share some pics. Internet is REALLY bad over there though. Maybe I'll invest in an alphasat mcd thingy this time.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is the entire political system and the government itself that needs fixing. But until then...consider this from your post:

"No this isn't a Trump thing. I can't stand the money launderer/loophole abuser (release your tax returns, unredacted.)

No this isn't a Clinton thing. I can't stand the serial traitor (release your emails and Ambassador Stevens, unredacted.) "

One of these acts is completely legal and permitted. One of these acts is corruption, breaking the law and caused multiple deaths.

Now...you have to choose between the turd and the douche. Personally...I think it is obvious.
edit on 10/26/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It most certainly is obvious. Stein or Johnson, and it does not matter as long as it is neither Hilary or Trump!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

My choice is to abstain and bounce for a bit.

Wanna try a stab at my questions?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join