It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congratulations...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
After reading the COUNTLESS political threads on here (and other places), dealing with divisiveness of my extended family over social political issues which I'm not even involved in (Reps and Dems agree on 75% of politics, just not social issues mostly, consider the differences of say British political parties versus our two or even say the South African ones...), and pretty much being told "I'm sorry, but no you can not have that fed contract even though you had the best bid and track record, because you are White and your company is not diverse enough," (I have 5 employees including myself, one AA and one NA, and I'm half NA myself, I just don't use it as a crutch), I am expatriating again for a while.

No this isn't a Trump thing. I can't stand the money launderer/loophole abuser (release your tax returns, unredacted.)

No this isn't a Clinton thing. I can't stand the serial traitor (release your emails and Ambassador Stevens, unredacted.)

This is a me being tired and having more future aspects in IRAQ of all places.

So congrats trolls and shills. You both sorta half won one. If you can call it that.

BUT I HAVE TO KNOW A FEW THINGS...

1-Is this the agenda you both LEFT AND RIGHT want to support, the division of America along racial, political and even FASHION lines?

In my mind RACE, POLITICS and yes even fashion should bring people together.
"Hey, I like the Detroit Jit why does it have to be an AA thing?"
"I've always heard that supply side economics was better than Keynesian, but you make a pretty good case. Here are the flaws I see though. How can we combine the pros from both and limit the cons?"
Or even... "OMG, ugliest pants ever, they'd be pretty in Aqua though."

2-Are you really okay with two FELONS running for office?

Even if 1% of what is out there about either candidate is true (I'm personally stuck on emails/intelligence leaks and tax returns/money laundering myself) then they are both immoral, unethical, and should both be barred from politics, if not in jail.

3-Do you push these agendas at home, with your children or siblings?

If you are, then you are in my opinion teaching children to hate based on your beliefs, not their experiences. Roll around the house screaming about Clinton? What is your daughter/sister going to take away from that? Do the same thing about Trump? What is your son/brother taking away from that? Dem or Rep? Are you teaching your children and fellows to be divisive over imaginary groups?

I'm no saint. I'm guilty of some of these things. I am however going to make a change.

My flight is on the 3rd. I may be back to share some pics. Internet is REALLY bad over there though. Maybe I'll invest in an alphasat mcd thingy this time.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

1) Politics is about dividing people and creating the illusion of choice. Democracies at least.

2) I'm fine with felons in office. Good people don't want the job.

3) Freedom of Speech is important. Freedom to hate is included in that.

I guess the best way to sum it up is don't hate the player, hate the game.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Having the freedom to do a thing, necessitates that one is responsible enough not to do it. If one is not, it makes a nonsense of the freedom as offered.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I disagree, having the freedom to choose your actions mean risking the actions of others also.

I guess you could say "The price of liberty is risking death to keep it. Those unprepared to pay it should not receive it."

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

1- Politics is about governance, not any of the things you listed which is my point. Not that those things aren't a part of it now, just not supposed to be.

2- Fair enough.

3- Question isn't about free speech. It's about what your free speech may be doing to the minds of the young/easily influenced, when it is "hate speech" and in general just political vitriol venting. Words have consequences seen and unseen. I am not talking about special cornflakes here or "PC"ness. I'm talking about that boy or girl who grows up self loathing based around their parents political viewpoints that alienate their sex, race, whatever.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

1- yeah, it sucks. But it is, what it is.

3- Freedom of Speech has some awful consequences. Teaching your kids to be Nazi's could be one of those awful consequences. I don't have to respect your beliefs, I can actively campaign against them, I can't be allowed to stop you from saying them however.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Those are very good questions.

Are you being redeployed to Iraq, or did I completely misunderstand? If so, be careful and smart and comeback whole.

Now, on to your questions...

1) Since I'd just as soon see both of 'em gone...by whatever means are legal, but gone. No, I do not support division as a political agenda.

2) Nope. As above, I'd just as soon neither be any where near an elected office, or an un-elected one for that matter.

3) Nope. But people need to be allowed to make their own mistakes, to try and force them to do otherwise would make us no better than a tyrant.

It is to be hoped, though not expected, that folks will, between now and election day, come to their collective senses and put neither into office. I'm doing my bit by voting for neither of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Look to your state who has its own way of selecting candidates. As has been shown this season, americans will vote no matter the choices.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I value my liberty, what sorry remains there are, far more than I value my life. That being said, if someone comes along to threaten my liberty and that of my countrymen, that person, their view, has to be considered anathema. That is how I feel about far right politics, from wherever it may come. I feel that way specifically because the politics of the far right necessitates a lack of liberty on the part of those who seek to install it as the defining element of our society, and those over whom they would like to hold sway.

These individuals and their behaviour is a threat to liberty, because it advocates a refusal to pay that price. That is why intolerance is the only thing I am intolerant of.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Not being redeployed. I'm out and have been for a bit, but I did make some friends among the Shias and Kurds. I work in the "relief and development" field if you will. So a lot of work available in that area at the moment with contracts being offered up all over.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I don't think we can agree here.

Liberty only for all those that agree with you isn't liberty.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So... your position is that only if those who seek to end liberty, are permitted to go about the process of removing it, does anyone have liberty?

I think there is a clear logical fallacy at work there.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Either of ya'll wanna take a stab at the questions? I'll take a Pommy's input.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

That sums it up pretty well.

I'm not sure where the fallacy is there?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Well, it starts locally in the US. The primaries and caucasus' for the selection the candidates. The answer to all the questions is better participation at the beginning of the process. But, so many voters will only vote and donate money to one party or another, not who the best candidate is.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I asked 3 questions in the OP... I'm not sure what you are answering there?

If you are talking about candidate selection, I know how that works. That isn't my question/s.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I'd like to be on that plane with ya, but I got too fox-troting old.
I hear 4K are already IC.
Watch out for Blue Falcons.

Buck

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

1.1-Is this the agenda you both LEFT AND RIGHT want to support, the division of America along racial, political and even FASHION lines?
No. But I wanted Bernie but not my fellow citizens at the state level, Idaho.

2.2-Are you really okay with two FELONS running for office?
No. See number one.

3.3-Do you push these agendas at home, with your children or siblings?
Yes. See number one.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Blue Falcons!!! LOLOLOLOLOL. I forgot about that one. Heh.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I hope to not have unholster anything while there. I'm not "in" anymore, but I do contract work.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Awesome and thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join