It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of Calais refugee ‘kids’ spark uproar, but UK government says war has aged them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

No I have not.

I have on the same hat as I always wear. In this instance, its important aspects are as follows:

First, assume innocence until proven mistaken, then act accordingly. Second, it does not matter if it is too late by then, because the principle has more value than the life of the person who holds that principle. In short, liberty has a price, and I am prepared to pay it. The price is risk, and is not a steep price to pay. Third, failure to pay the price, to risk ones life to maintain ones principles (by, for instance, not automatically hating everything and everyone which crosses ones path, purely because you have been told to by a media machine that is hell bent on your corruption, regardless of the potentially negative consequences) renders an individual unworthy to HAVE any liberty or freedom, because they have not paid the tariff associated therewith.

I am not playing devils advocate. I am playing liberties advocate, and I have no respect for those who approach these things from any less of a solid moral and ethical position. Furthermore, I would add that since it is western nations whose meddling and proxy warring have lead to the immigration issue that we are facing, we should be happy to take in as many immigrants as would physically fit into the landmass we occupy, golfing greens and all, because our repeated failures to take responsibility for our actions as a nation, not to mention our repeated failures to vote for governments who will refuse to engage in proxy war, refuse to engage in war for profit, refuse point blank to contribute to the War on Terror, and our repeated failures to install a government in our nation which refuses to steal liberty from its citizens by operating mass surveillance programs, make us, the people, responsible for a measure of the destruction and chaos that our tax money pays for.

If that means that we take a little more risk when we bring in those who have been flung out by the whirling moshpit of war, war we paid for, purchased in our wilful ignorance, then that is a cost that I would gladly pay, because I happen to believe in taking responsibility for my failures. I can appreciate that some individuals in this nation may consider it just fine to ignore their responsibilities, hide their spinelessness behind indignation, claim they were taken for a ride by their governments, and I say to those individuals that their argument is pathetic and holds no water. We have been taken for a ride, because we have voted with the least of our morals, not the most, we have voted for a right wingified New Labour, which helped begin the last round of idiocy, then for a succession of Conservative warmongers whose reactionary attitudes are about as much help as a patio umbrella in a force nine storm. We should have done better with the information we had, and we repeatedly blow it, because although there are pockets of real principle and honesty in this country, they have been outweighed by those who have been consumed by petty, weak, sniveling fears, fears which have no place in this nation, nor in any person who calls himself my countryman.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Things have started out well. Seems good natured and calm on the whole.

Oops wrong thread. Should be on www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24 10 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Trust the government to cock something so simple up.......

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Consequences of war. Not to mention climate change and floods. Suck it up.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: hutch622

Some guy that gets props for plugging a few IS members from distance, before getting himself and his folks out of dodge?

I swear to God, this tendency toward suspicion is toxic.

Funny I see it as a tendency for gullibility and naiveté.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Sorry but that "kid" in the pic is in his 40's. There are posts about how many adult males claim to be juveniles so they can sneak in.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Your linked article has been deleted dude.

The one in the pic on your post looks early 20's to me and after 18 years working the doors I am good at.guessing ages...

He's not one of the refugees, he's a UK based translator who works for an advocacy group (not the home office).

The whole story has been made up, the press didn't have permission to print pictures of the children as they needed adults consent, so they took photos of the adults there to meet them and pretended they were 'child imigrants'

The actual truth is, the screenings were done in Calais and prior and those who couldn't prove they were uner 18 were not allowed in the UK and so far over 300 have been denied entry - but the far right UK press refused to print these facts as it didn't fit into their racist narrative.

The real reason dental checks weren't carried out is that they're not accurate and have nothing to do with confirming age - the article has just been cut and pasted from nazi-rag The Express, with even more details omitted to push the anti-refugee rhetoric.

edit on 24-10-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
War has aged them? No more like travelling from safe country to safe country to get to Calais just to get to England has aged them

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My goodness, there are some touchy people here today? Sure man, chill out. I'm all for helping another brother, but as stated before.......a stick is a stick in my world. Looks wrong. smells wrong, tastes wrong......it's wrong.

My "wrongdar" is going off!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
My goodness, there are some touchy people here today? Sure man, chill out. I'm all for helping another brother, but as stated before.......a stick is a stick in my world. Looks wrong. smells wrong, tastes wrong......it's wrong.

My "wrongdar" is going off!

Because if you apply any common sense it's obvious as the sad fact that the weakest and most vulnerable were sold into sex trafficking, salvery or starvation/drowing en route - www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

For those who ask harsh questions about where all the tiny children and girls are, I give you harsh answers. They didn’t make it. The girls have been sex-trafficked. The tiny children have died. The ones who are now arriving in the UK are strong looking because only the strongest have survived these harsh conditions. Seven-year-olds aren’t equipped to cross a continent and then fend for themselves in a makeshift tent. They die, they disappear and all the time smug fascists are sitting in their provincial homes posting on Facebook about an immigrant’s hoodie looking too clean.

I think you got 'touchy' mistaken for having basic compassion for chidren fleeing war and having repeatedly been firebombed/bulldozed under attack while in Calais camp on a daily basis for the last few months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join