It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The final days can get a little salty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

My plan is to continue accessing ATS in a very limited fashion.

I am TRYING to avoid politics, but in a way I feel that this vote is the difference between WWIII and peace so I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

Anyway, I am backing off until after the 8th.

After that we are all going to be able to continue life as usual or be building our fallout shelters. Either way there isn't a damn thing I can do about it...what ever happens will happen and if people are too stupid to avoid WWIII then they deserve what they get.

Our President needs to be drinking beers with Putin not launching missiles at him.

Good luck...it's going to be a bumpy ride.

edit on 2016/10/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I bought a salt rifle.

Worth it's weight in salt, that's for sure.

If we get invaded by alien slug lords, consider yourself prepared.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: Lysergic

I bought a salt rifle.

Worth it's weight in salt, that's for sure.

If we get invaded by alien slug lords, consider yourself prepared.
12 gauge and rock salt.
There WILL BE SLIME!
edit on 24-10-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Schism. Great song. Great band.

Maynard had this to say about Trump:

“Here’s the thing, I’m Italian and I’m Irish,” he started off. “The Italian side of me is the wine and food making family man; the Irish side is the #-talking, ‘comedy first, always’ side. So I’m very divided. Because all the $%&#^@’ awesome jokes that are gonna come out if Trump leads the US – the humor, the tragedy and the awful stuff that’s gonna happen – is gonna be fodder for comedians for decades. And the end of the United States.”

“Of course, the practical side of me thinks, ‘I’ve seen this before; I think it’s called Germany, 1938.’ Idiocracy [Mike Judge's 2006 movie] is no longer a comedy, it’s a documentary. Idiocracy is where we are.”
link
ed it on 24-10-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

It's 1984

For Realz

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

It's 1984

For Realz

They must have thought we already forgot about that extra spring taken out of the Easter Bunny's step due to economic factors, did they?

I am going to go to the mall, do some shopping, watch a move at the cinema, maybe hit the beach, because I can do that all year in Florida. Maybe scope out the zoo or even a theme park. The world does not end because an election is upsetting.
edit on 10-24-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Gently trying to encourage and hope for increased civility between the two sides (and all sides.) And having some modicum of faith that we are all capable of that.

... and playing lots of old school shmups to escape the fray. :p

Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Either way we are screwed ......so I will try real hard to not give a sh!t.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Hey Lucid, it's sad that Maynard couldn't form a better opinion without resorting to comparing Trump to Hitler. Good thing I really don't care what he thinks anymore. The band is lucky that they can go so long without a release and still remain relevant. Here's the latest...

Officially, the band has said they are grinding away on the album four days a week, and that the shortest song is 12 minutes long.

www.metalinjection.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Well, when I accidentally put too much salt in something I cooked or made it too, too spicy even, I have a trick I use and I think a song or 2 would be beneficial, heck why not,

or

too salty, you say, just add some sugar and presto chango, all better!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Playing guitar recording songs. Drinking heavly; playing Starcraft maybe some new Doom. Cleaning aquariums and biking.

Soundwise mood (not lyric wise) Black Velvet
edit on 24-10-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hey Lucid, it's sad that Maynard couldn't form a better opinion

It's all perspective. I agreed with him
Electing him would be like Idiocracy.

Officially, the band has said they are grinding away on the album four days a week, and that the shortest song is 12 minutes long.

I'm very excited for it. I love their long tracks.

I finally saw them in concert. Which is a check on my bucket list.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

It's all perspective. I agreed with him. Electing him would be like Idiocracy.

I like what Trump had to say during his Gettysburg speech. Does that mean that I'm succumbing to the madness or joining the ranks of those portrayed in Ideocracy? I've never been a part of any group and only pick up and put down random things as I go. I may drop this whole election like a hot potato before it's over, light my hair on fire and run naked into a pool of acid. Sounds more comforting...

Anyway, there is a full spectrum of ways to capture the peoples attention and protest, but doing it in the face of an entire corrupt political power system makes me believe that there is more to the story. Unless this is just some big show and it was designed to fail at some point. Maybe Trump was put in charge of tearing it all down in order to build a new order, using global Marxism as the foundation? If he is a plant, then I truly hate him and his handlers with a passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns.

If Trump is in fact genuine, which is never easy for a conspiracy theorist to settle on, regardless of whether you like the man, there has never been a time when so much corruption has been exposed to so many watching. Unfortunately, it's information overload, where all the bad stuff gets paved over and forgotten, followed by a blank stare. I sure hope something in these e-mails sticks and grinds this machine to a halt.

Again, as long as I'm not caught in some weird twilight zone, it makes Trump look like the most honest patriot in the room. I have little faith in his abilities at the moment, but he was cast from the same, "built for success" mold as other politicians. The difference between him and them are in his defects. Something that we all share and must put aside in order to make a better existence for ourselves and others.

If I'm wrong about all of this, then consider us already bagged and tagged. Stranger things have happened, such as Obama receiving a Nobel Peace Prize and then listening to him drone on and on and on... But, as you say, its a matter of perspective. Hitler had his own perspective as well and I think comparing the two is absurd and pointless unless any specific examples are given that I can try and refute. With all that said, I will never tell you what to think only how and what I may think. If somewhere in the mix we meet on common ground, it's a good place to settle and have a beer.

Good luck in the future.

edit on 25-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join