It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The final days can get a little salty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

If you haven’t noticed, it’s getting salty up in here. Some members have chosen to contribute in less than a few specific forums, which I think is having a negative impact on their perception of the world. Your opinions do not constitute as reality when you fail to take into account the less obvious. There is always more to the story than what they tell us. Try paying attention to what they don't.

Projecting a false perception upon others in a simplistic manner while attempting to explain yourself in complex terms, can and will immediately draw the criticism it deserves. The reaction to such criticism is where the exchange begins to breakdown. The gloves come off before any real contact was made, often generating more denigrating, less intelligible forms of human interaction.

Bottom line, everybody needs to chill out. Try to be a better person than you currently are, because regardless of who wins, what you do after the election may be even more important. Stop repeating the commentary being parroted on television. Dig deeper, challenge your ideals and you just might find that we all share a common ground.

How do we make such a salty time into something sweet?

edit on 24-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A mix of Civ 6 and the next chapter of Telltale - Batman which releases on Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Play cs:go, good warmup for WW3

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That Konan bit is something that should help awaken Americans, it clearly shows that there is a top to bottom control mechanism that permeates across this nation, writing a script that makes its way into each and every home.

Sadly it is simply met with laughter, what strange days we live in, where even laughter has become an "opiate of the masses".

You have hit the nail on the head my friend. Work on yourself and work on your community, this is all that truly needs to be done. We all have far more in common, these hot button issues are purely illusory.

.01% of the people against the rest of us, really it is not that hard to see.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is playing a Civilization game more like playing as a god or more like playing as Barack Obama on steroids? Anyway, I hope you can make a better empire than America has and then share your secret. What type of games do you think Obama likes playing? I'm thinking Doom or Prison Simulator: America Edition, lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Drink heavily.
Sob hysterically.
Get banned.

Or I may just log off and read a book.

(I'll flip a coin)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There was a thread up earlier today about censorship on this site. But it was quickly removed? Anybody get in to it?

Sorry, felt relevant.

I reckon I'll just drink and curse and hug my family tight.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is proof that your media takes its cues from a single point and that is HRCs campaign.

This is utterly disgusting and shows what has become of the so called free press.

All toeing the one line.

They could not be more obvious about it if they threw it in your faces.

P

edit on 23/10/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
A mix of Civ 6 and the next chapter of Telltale - Batman which releases on Tuesday.

Also don't forget that the World Series starts on Tuesday in Cleveland and this is also the start of the NBA™.

For those who are not baseball fans: The Cleveland Indians haven't won a World Series since 1948. Their opponent and arguably 'Merica's Favorite Team' the Chicago Cubs haven't won a World Championship since 1908. The 'good' thing, for those who keep score, the media has less incentive to blatantly LIE about baseball...
So plenty of "news" to report on and to hide heinous acts against 'We, The People"

namaste

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
I reckon I'll just drink and curse and hug my family tight.

I'm putting mine in a hole, and stepping out to experience The Purge, IRL.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've got their salty for them.
Piss on the whole lot.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Get banned
Get loaded
Get a new account
Repeat

Go Clinton, Trumpy, Johnson, Stein, Giant Meteoroid, No One
edit on 23-10-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm cleaning my 71 Torino, grabbing the wife, picking up our good friends, and we are taking a road trip to Marfa, Tx. Going to visit McDonald Observatory in Ft. Davis. Look at the stars under the vast emptiness of the West Texas sky.

The only rule is we had to book hotels that were at least one hundred years old.

Beers will be had. The Yeti will keep them frosty. (No drinking and driving, I'm not one of those dudes.)

I just want to see a side of Texas that I haven't seen. I want to take beautiful pictures of my closest compadres and my car.

Hope to see the Marfa lights.

We are going to eat great food, in fantastic company, drive an old car, and live like there is no tomorrow.

Take the salty, add some frosty, and make some damn ice cream.

See you on the other side my friends.

Vote Trump.

Boba

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

precisely

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

That Konan bit is something that should help awaken Americans, it clearly shows that there is a top to bottom control mechanism that permeates across this nation, writing a script that makes its way into each and every home.

Its called television “programming” for a reason. We all fell for it at some point and many still do. What’s hard is tuning to a different frequency in order to find a suitable source of information. Truth often dies on the doorstep when no one wants to let it in. Many are to busy in another room to hear the knock at the door.

Sadly it is simply met with laughter, what strange days we live in, where even laughter has become an "opiate of the masses".

I wonder, who then exactly are the sociopaths? Have the masses become so lobotomized that there is no power in the world, save for an alien invasion, that can bring us to our senses? We are made into monsters, often by our own misguided hand, feeding off the decay of past generations. Can we even reverse the momentum at this point?

You have hit the nail on the head my friend. Work on yourself and work on your community, this is all that truly needs to be done. We all have far more in common, these hot button issues are purely illusory.

Thanks. Nothing is going to perfect 100% of the time. Life is full of risk and confusion and then hopefully, as much understanding as your lifetime allows. The less weight that we add to each others journey, the less burden we all have to bear in the end.

edit on 24-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wonder, who then exactly are the sociopaths? Have the masses become so lobotomized that there is no power in the world, save for an alien invasion, that can bring us back to reality? Can we even reverse the momentum at this point? We are made into monsters, often by our own misguided hand, feeding off the decay of past generations while drinking poison from our faucets.

It is a fascinating time to be alive and aware of the current psychological manipulations at play. I have analyzed this from a spiritual perspective, which I find to be the only methodology to maintain a sense of sanity.

There may not be a means of reversal given our current condition. Our collective Karma appears to be catching up to ourselves, having built a nation upon the burial ground of the Natives, I suppose our suffering is to be expected.

I maintain my continued optimism in the face of such a collective evil simply because of my belief in the collective good. No matter how all of this turns out we will all be exactly where we need to be and we will all have at our disposal the necessary tools to continue on.

We are being called to work together and that can only happen by action locally. This is where the focus needs to be, building an alternative as opposed to expecting any change to come from the system itself.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Hope to see the Marfa lights.

Groovy. Post pics if successful. Happy Trails.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Thinking about a thread. Not sure if I will be able to take vid or pics. Never tried. Just hoping for some fun.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I bought a salt rifle.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Clever. Like it.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join