It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Judge Dredd Artist Steve Dillon Dies At 54.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This in not really my type of entertainment but i know there are many on ATS who like comic books etc.

So for those i have posted the news on the death of Steve Dillon.

R.I.P. Steve.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 23-10-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey c'mmon now...graphic novels. It's legitimate.

edit on 23-10-2016 by CraftBuilder because: I said so.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
This in not really my type of entertainment but i know there are many on ATS who like comic books etc.

R.I.P. Steve.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Mandella effect, it was always Judge Dredd on my timeline

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Do we know what he died of, yet? Whatever it was, it seemed to have struck suddenly. He was tweeting away happily till about a fortnight ago, never mentioned any illness, then just fell silent and now he's dead. 54 is no age, so he wasn't in natural decline.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: alldaylong

R.I.P. Steve.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Mandella effect, it was always Judge Dredd on my timeline

Corrected.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

R.I.P.

I wonder that too.... though at his age being a comic book artist is unhealthy if one doesn't exercise.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

He was also the artist for Preacher

Always sad to hear when someone who is such a huge contributor to this art form.

Comics (graphic story telling) engages both sides of your brain. The words and reading engage your left brain while the imagery and art engage the right; it is one of the few mediums to do this.

Our right brains have lost valuable stimuli.
edit on 23-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: s

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

And a lot of the early Garth Ennis Punisher run. He and Ennis did a lot together.

This sucks.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

I think they two of them also worked on Hellblazer, if I'm not mistaken.

This is indeed a deep loss to that industry.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It would be great if this thread included a bunch of his artwork. I've always like Judge Dredd.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I just read it on the News and am saddened, he was only in his fifties and this is the loss of a very great artistic talent, some of his work was beyond good and could only be called visionary art.

He was an artist famous for his work on the 2000AD character Judge Dredd but also worked on other art and has been working as a comic book artist since he was 16 years of age so was a naturally talented artist as well and of course one of the old school real artist's not the cut and paste digital guy's of today.

Like many such artist's sadly his work's all of which were original and irreplaceable were badly treated by the comic book industry including those behind 2000AD and there are story's of them being used to dry the floor of the office when people came in out of the rain, some of those artwork's never even got to see the light of day and like the other artist's in the industry he too may have felt abused by the publishers whom did not value the artwork's these artists produced.

A great talent and one that will not be easily replaced.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Socrato

At a quick glance, that might be hard to source without scanning a page directly; Garth Ennis' work was...lets say, a bit blue.
Here's a good example from screenrant and an old favorite of mine.

One more:

edit on 23-10-2016 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks like he saw the future of USA where the people rise up against the Law.
Notice in the big picture one peasant shouting 'Kissinger Blockers Attack'. In other words, he saw the people rising up against Henry Kissinger.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Great artist.He will be missed.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sad news indeed.
Was a truly talented artist.
Lost many teenage hours absorbed in his artwork.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe he was too close to the truth concerning Russia's SATAN 2 missiles. Looking at the following picture, he knew that big nukes would one day be used.

On top of that the initial Block Mania was caused by his spies putting a chemical into the water supply that eventually rained (chemtrails) down on Mega City 1.

The chemical that everybody drinks in the water is probably what creates so much Trump/Clinton violence and road-rage.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good Lord, I vividly remember that set of Dredd panels. A (literal) blast from the past. Was that really SD? He must have been in his 20s at the time.

The thing that struck me then, and which I am reminded of now, was that the inhabitants of Dredd's 'universe' must be inherently warlike and unrecognisable to present-day humans, because if a force-field had been invented that could transport things to an Earth where war was unknown, then the first thing I would do (as a resident of the Dredd universe) would be to step into it!

top topics

join