It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Cold Open- Final Presidential Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Tom Hanks made a fantastic Chris Wallace. This was the most over the top one of the 3. By now, the writers are probably like, what the hell, why hold back? If a thing is this ridiculous, go all the way.

edit on 23-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Baldwin gets better every time with Trump's mannerisms, almost to the point I could tolerate a Trump Presidency if Baldwin would continue to lampoon and ridicule him for four years.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What I find most hilarious is that Alec Baldwin has the shameless impudence and the unmitigated effrontary to mock Donald Trump. Baldwin physically assaults people, demeans women worse than Trump, and throws tantrums that would make a 5-year old look mature. Hollywood douchebaggery at its absolute apex!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
What I find most hilarious is that Alec Baldwin has the shameless impudence and the unmitigated effrontary to mock Donald Trump. Baldwin physically assaults people, demeans women worse than Trump, and throws tantrums that would make a 5-year old look mature. Hollywood douchebaggery at its absolute apex!

It's a comedy skit, you should probably chill on the shameless impudence and effrontery. I also think an effontary has something to do with one of those roll out awnings advertised on TV all the time.

Act now and we will include this decorative effrontary!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thanks Reldra! I had missed it, as usual.

Who you gonna vote for? The Republican or Donald Trump?

That line made me laugh out loud.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Thanks Reldra! I had missed it, as usual.

Who you gonna vote for? The Republican or Donald Trump?

That line made me laugh out loud.

That was a good one. I liked the Bingo card

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Baldwin is a closet Trump voter.

He will get so much money and attention over the next four years doing his impression.

Besides, Baldwin is in real life what he projects Trump's persona as being.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It's a comedy skit, you should probably chill on the shameless impudence and effrontery. I also think an effontary has something to do with one of those roll out awnings advertised on TV all the time.

It is a political hit piece disguised as comedy.
Hillary gets an award winning comedian to portray her, Trump gets a pretentious unpopular actor portraying him.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's a comedy skit, you should probably chill on the shameless impudence and effrontery.

You missed my point entirely. I said the real comedy is that Baldwin is mocking someone for character defects that Baldwin himself displays to a much greater degree.

I also think an effontary has something to do with one of those roll out awnings advertised on TV all the time.

Effrontery is rude, shameless behaviour.
edit on 23-10-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dubba post, sorry

edit on 23-10-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Who you gonna vote for? The Republican or Donald Trump? Yeah, the most truth full moment of the skit.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: reldra

It is a political hit piece disguised as comedy.
Hillary gets an award winning comedian to portray her, Trump gets a pretentious unpopular actor portraying him.

Of course, even comedy skits are rigged.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's a comedy skit, you should probably chill on the shameless impudence and effrontery.

You missed my point entirely. I said the real comedy is that Baldwin is mocking someone for character defects that Baldwin himself displays to a much greater degree.

I also think an effontary has something to do with one of those roll out awnings advertised on TV all the time.

Effrontery is rude, shameless behaviour.

When you spell it right, it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have to disagree--Baldwin's Trump is one of the worst that I have seen. I think that it's because he takes the mannerisms so far over the top that it goes beyond humorous to me and makes me think that he isn't in control over the amplitude of his mockery.

Plus, I just think that Baldwin and Trump are way too similar is personality and actions for Baldwin to think that mocking Trump is something that is okay for him to do.

While Reldra points out--rightfully so--that it's a comedy skit, that doesn't mean that it is funny to everyone. Hell, Taran Killam did a better Trump than Baldwin, and it's not even that good, either. Darrell Hammond, though--there's no one that he doesn't get on point.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer (see what I did there?), but I just had to disagree because my wife and I were talking about how much we didn't like Baldwin's Trump. But to be fair, I don't like Baldwin as a human being, so that may sway my opinion, although I like most of his appearances on SNL, so who knows.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I think that it's because he takes the mannerisms so far over the top...

Sorta like Trump. His hyperbolic platitudes and constant hand gestures are what make him so inimitably mockable.

I see this as a clown playing a caricature of a clown.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It is a political hit piece disguised as comedy. Hillary gets an award winning comedian to portray her, Trump gets a pretentious unpopular actor portraying him.

Oh no doubt about that. SNL has long been a tool of liberal media. But even I, a Trump voter, have to laugh at Baldwin's portrayal. And when he made that crack about his brother....priceless. The gal doing Hillary...hysterical.

Probably doing as much damage to the system as Fey did to Palin...but not much to do about it.

top topics

join