It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Calais Child Migrants Sent To Torrington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Torrington church history.

“This Church was blowen up with powder Febr ye 16th Anno 1645 and rebuilt Ao 1651”.

This happened during the Battle of Torrington, which was the biggest battle ever fought in Devon, when Fairfax and Cromwell defeated the Royalist army under Lord Hopton, thereby ultimately gaining command of the South West. The Royalists who held the town had stored 80 barrels of gunpowder in the church. The Roundheads as they captured new ground looked for a suitable place for their prisoners and shut them up in the church. Somehow the explosion resulted, with great loss of life. In the churchyard a cobbled mound covers a mass grave.

Experts differ over how much of the church was destroyed in 1645. Experience of blitzed churches inclines one to think that reports of the damage were exaggerated. The PILLARS at the east end of the nave must be the work of the 14th century, while the solid square pillars farther west are presumably the work of 1651. The blast came from the south transept (the old tower) in a north-westerly direction.
www.stmichaelstorrington.org.uk...

Torrington is a right weird place. When I lived in that area it was said you could tell the Torrington school bus when the kids got off in Bideford because they were all red-eyed. Stoned. Before school.

Without going into too much detail Torrington teenagers have been known to show an active interest in creating explosive devices. There's still a mortar rusting away in the woods somewhere after its effectiveness prompted a quick and thorough disposal. The hand grenade at the party incident will be remembered by those who were there. "What's this?" He asked, before pulling the pin. "GRENADE!" Shouted the creator while throwing everyone out of the room before slamming the door just before the explosion. Unhappy parents.

That's what I know about Torrington.

And they're sending a load of Calais kids there?

This must be a joke.

The North Devon Journal has contacted Torridge and North Devon district councils in an effort to confirm the BBC report.

The Home Office has not confirmed the BBC report, which said 50 to 70 youngsters – mostly teenagers – were on their way to a hostel near Great Torrington.

Read more at www.northdevonjournal.co.uk...

They're pyromaniacs in Torrington! This is insane! Torrington is not a place you send child war refugees to. Unless you want to drive them insane.

edit on 23 10 2016 by Kester because: more information

edit on 23 10 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

p.s. No offence meant to the good people of Torrington. But really. All those with local knowledge know the reputation.
edit on 23 10 2016 by Kester because: This has to be a set-up.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The Royalists who held the town had stored 80 barrels of gunpowder in the church.

Excuse me pastor, we're ging to hide this tons of explosive in your church, they'll never think to look for it there.

Fast forward...

Pastor, we're also ging to hide some POWs there too...

bad mix.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

1971 - Worlds Tallest Bonfire

www.torrington-cavaliers.co.uk...

They're pyromaniacs in Torrington.
I rest my case.

Almost rest my case. How about this, from the horses mouth.

Great Torrington has always been a "different" town.
www.torrington-cavaliers.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's no mistake they've chosen Torrington. This will be a remarkable failure in care for war refugees. It has to be deliberate. No chance could lead to this. The history and 'vibes' of the town are why it was chosen.

The Battle of Torrington marked the end of Royalist resistance in the Westcountry and led to the eventual defeat and execution of King Charles I.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If these "migrants" misbehave they will experience some Devonian sub-judice justice. Its a traditional brand that involves trees ropes and unmarked moorland final resting places.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You can bet no migrants will ever be sent to areas where politicians (spits) reside.

originally posted by: Kester
It's no mistake they've chosen Torrington. This will be a remarkable failure in care for war refugees. It has to be deliberate. No chance could lead to this. The history and 'vibes' of the town are why it was chosen.

The Battle of Torrington marked the end of Royalist resistance in the Westcountry and led to the eventual defeat and execution of King Charles I.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

There will be some corner of a Devon field that is forever fertilised, should serious infractions of Law occur.

This is another aspect. Devon isn't London.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That's is so right. It is the Lord's own county and those that were born and live there are grateful on a daily basis.

This is another aspect. Devon isn't London.
edit on 23-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Excuse me for asking, but...........the article you referenced indicated that they (the migrant children) would only be sent there for a few days. They say in the article that they're using that town as a processing center, not as the final destination, no?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, it looks like it. Two hours in Torrington would be enough to send you into a timeslip. It's an odd place. No offence meant to the good people who live there, but they say it themselves.

If they are to be then moved to other destinations around the country why first take them to such an out of the way corner? Adding so many miles to their journeys doesn't get them settled sooner.

It's an odd choice, not far from where GCHQ Bude run their satanic child abuse parties.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Devon County Council says 23 children from the "Jungle" camp have arrived at the temporary centre near Great Torrington.
The youngsters - who are all believed to be male and under the age of 18 - arrived by bus at about 03:00 BST.
The migrants, originally from Afghanistan, Sudan and Syria, could stay in Devon for up to six weeks.
It's believed they will receive medical checks before they are reunited with family members or moved to other parts of the country.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Arrived there at 3 in the morning after travelling from Croydon. All male. Will be there for up to six weeks.

It's as if it was designed to be disruptive. I'm sure there's a suitable posh enclave in Epsom that could have taken them at a reasonable time of day. Rest and recuperation is what they need, not late night journeys to strange destinations.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It does seem strange.

Maybe there's a campus of health care facilities to provide screenings and treatments? They typically matriculate refugees into the US at facilities near health care centers for that very purpose. They do health care screenings, bring the kids up to speed on vaccinations, evaluate for nutritional deficits, and do psychological and educational level evaluations.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Those kids will probably be Is fighters in their 30s so don't worry too much.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If they fall in with the Torrington youth they'll be gibbering acid-casualties in tie-dyed baggy trousers.

This is weird even by North Devon standards.
edit on 25 10 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

There could be worse fates I suppose

new topics

top topics

join