It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People sure are reporting seeing a lot of strange things - Some reports from NUFORC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: karl 12

No, actually I haven't :-)

LOL - 44 hours?

Thank you for the link.

BT

Ha yes it's quite a big archive but does contain some really interesting ones, here are some highlights from Robert Barrow.

In this regard, the compilation includes such witnesses as a no-nonsense trucker in Montana whose tanker truck engine was apparently disabled by a disc-shaped UFO, temporarily stopping his watch in the process..

Another weird incident involves a pregnant woman in New Mexico, driving a car with her young son aboard, who is unpleasantly surprised when a large blue object touches down in front of her truck and then returns to the sky..

One caller, formerly a cadet pilot at Lackland Air Force Base,Texas in 1954, relates a story of a UFO landing 30 feet from his group, only to zip away vertically when confronted..

A retired Air Force pilot almost sounds annoyed when he calls to report his car being followed by a large gray object accompanied by several smaller objects..

A Utah man relates how an object chasing his car causes a tingling in his neck and extreme electrical interference as the alternator, gauges and "everything went crazy.."

A brief but highly curious event reported by a private pilot in California involves three arrow-shaped objects flying in formation and disappearing at high speed..

In Washington, an egg-shaped UFO maneuvers around a police helicopter, affecting the instruments..

Among other disc tracks is the case of children at a California school who watch a Saturn-like UFO hover over their school, accompanied by a massive vibration in the area..

During one of many triangle reports included here, two police officers observe such an object with red and blue lights within 60 feet, hovering near a power generation plant, and it departs at high speed..

link

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
OMG a Black Parallelogram!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
While not a paralellogram, let me serve you with your morning coffee, midday snack or evening hummus from the NUFORC archive this shimmering rectangle with possible sonic boom:

Original report

This is a daylight sighting which describes a shimmering rectangle - one of more than a thousand objects with this shape found in the archive.

BT

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

In this day and age with more cameras carried than ever before I would say you are wrong. More reports can be recorded because of the net and we can see how poor the reports and evidence is.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

it may make sense to you but that is still a lot of sky and it shows how poor eye witness reports are if thats the case.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Not an UFO sighting per se, yet this one might be of interest to the Aircraft Connoisseurs.

Planes of a different colour

I don't know how remarkable this is, but if you look at the report the person reporting it certainly have brought out the caps.
This is what the "Artic white" paint scheme looks like on a F-16 for us less intimately aquainted with the world of aircraft.

I did some light research on this, in an idle sort of way, and found that the Airforce sometimes have used this paint scheme for "Aggressor" forces taking part in excercises, so perhaps not that peculiar.

Just goes to show that if there is somewhere to report to, people will report all manner of interesting things.

BT

ETA: Although this observation is not very controversial, as most of us would accept that this is a real observation and that these kind of aircraft exist, there is an all too familiar lack of both photgraphic and video evidence. Now, if this was a more exotic observation, it would most probably be disregarded because - well, "pic or it didn't happen"...
edit on 24-10-2016 by beetee because: ETA

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

In this day and age with more cameras carried than ever before I would say you are wrong. More reports can be recorded because of the net and we can see how poor the reports and evidence is.

I am not sure I understand what you think is in error. Do you mean that to suggest that people are not reporting strange things they witness?

I agree that the quality of the reports are sometimes poor, and that the video and photgraphic evidence is inconclusive, but I cannot see how this is any different than what it was 30 or 40 years ago.

Besides, I do not believe that the average witness can be expected to produce high grade photographic evidence with mobile phones, which in my experience are most likely to produce the all too familiar "blob in the distance".

Perhaps you can clarify what you mean?

BT
edit on 24-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Disconcerting, given the proximity to Russia alongside the recent posturing towards nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

There are a group of people on here from all corners of the world that spend cold dark nights taking pictures of the night sky (I am one) we have good to professional gear and know what we are looking at YET with all the man hours spent doing this NO evidence for Mog from Zog.

Search for calling all Astrophotographers on here.
I would post link but on Mobile.

People tend to see what they want, that's why the photographers on here spend time looking at pics/videos and explain what the images show.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I agree. There has never been a "mog from zog" to date.

Kev

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well, as for Mog from Zog, I think what you are trying to say is that there is no evidence for alien life. While I resent the term you prefer to use, because its only real purpose is to belittle and ridicule the subject, I can concede your point that there is no photographic evidence for alien life whatsoever.

As to all those amateurs with high grade equipment looking at the sky with a trained eye not seeing anything they don't recognize, that is of course a valid question. I can even take that one step further and say that there is a whole horde of scientist starting at that same sky with even better equipment every night. Even S.E.T.I with their arrays have come up with nothing.

But I can ask you this in return: How many pictures of the secret test aircraft that we pretty much know the U.S and other countries are flying have these same astronomers photographed? For that matter, how many images of the previous generation of secret project aircraft did they produce while it was still classified and unknown to the public? I have seen few, if any.

But that's not really the point, is it? I mean, the point is that people keep reporting all these remarkable things and I, for one, would very much like to find out why. You cannot seriously suggest that there is any way to confuse a massive black triangle flying over your head for anything even remotely astronomical? Or flying objects emitting laser beams onto the ground? Either these things exist (at least in the eyes/mind of the people reporting) or they don't. I really cannot see much middle ground here at all.

As to people seeing what they want to see, I suspect it is rather a case of people interpreting what they see from what they know. So there is bound to be some misidentifaction of ISS, venus and various natural phenomenon.

But I cannot see how this invalidates the observations that do not have any readily apparent explanation.

Mog from Zog, or not.

BT

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't believe anything from a pastor,,i do believe in the saucer though, I saw one when I was 8, actually saw one , it disappeared and then 2 showed up in the same spot

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am not going to get into an argument on whether there is or there isn't intelligent life beyond our planet. I think the odds are highly in favor of there being life out there, beyond this vacuum we live in.

I would like to suggest that we are relying on our eyes, ears, and our brain. All which can easily deceive.

I am blessed and cursed with distortions of vision and hearing, thanks to a rare disease that usually only occurs in children. I may have had it as a child, but didn't become aware of it until my late 20s, early 30s.

I see things in reverse imaging, and I have very poor depth perception. I even see stereograms inversely. I have to concentrate intensely, on occasion, to flip the image in my mind. I hear at frequencies that most people don't, and no, it is not like hearing a dog whistle, however, I can usually hear when an establishment has a burglar alarm on or not, and some alarm systems are so uncomfortable, I can't even stay in the building unless it is turned off.

So just because we don't see or hear an object, or even an entity, doesn't necessary mean there isn't one there.

I see things all the time that I do not recognize, until I do a bit of mental gymnastics, to bring the object into perspective. I am constantly reminded of the limitations of our eyes, ears, and brain.

edit on 24-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you for sharing that. I think this is a very, very important point. That we are indeed "prisoners", if you will, of our senses and our brains.

BT

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

*something* is definitely interacting with us, through the framework of our minds.

It will never be captured with a camera, as it's not made of matter.

That *sometimes* this phenomenon does appear as huge honking black triangle "UFOs" right in our faces is rather extraordinary (happened to me too). But I don't think a camera would have captured much of anything for an image. And as I was in my underwear taking out the recycling, I didn't have a camera phone with me. Funny that.

Kev

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

It strange that what seems like convincing witness reports like those have no photographic evidence and the ones with photographic evidence are usually of poor quality or mistaken assumptions what we need is one with the best of both.

There has to be life out there but I don't think Mog from Zog is close enough to pay a visit.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Unlike you think I do believe there has to be life out there but because of a host of factors regarding time distance and evolution I don't think Mig from Zog is close enough to visit.

The simple fact is many members on here that see a dark dot or light in a night video/picture think ufo first even when shown real evidence they are wrong.

One member posted a picture from a phone claiming a ufo and even when shown that at the time /location it was the Moon they still denied it was even when I posted an image of the Moon taken with the same type of phone and the Moon in a similar phase.

Then claims made about speed a distance covered by these objects in videos when you don't have enough info.

I don't know if you look at that thread I mentioned but one of those members that KNOW how to use a camera may get tge shot required.

edit on 25-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
As at least some people seens to have enjoyed our little foray into the NUFORC database, I will post a few more cases for you to mull over. I encourage everyone to go take a look at the database themselves, because there really is a lot of strangeness being reported.

This is a report from May this year, where two people report seeing an "orange triangle" which then changes to something else.

Original report

BT
edit on 26-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Unlike you think I do believe there has to be life out there but because of a host of factors regarding time distance and evolution I don't think Mig from Zog is close enough to visit.

I have no opinion on your position on the matter of life elsewhere in the universe. I just pointed out that using a term like "Mog from Zog" or similar only serves to discourage people making any report at all, for fear of being made to look foolish and delusional. As to if its plausible that life from elsewhere in the universe might visit, it is my opinion that we simply know to little about how the universe works to make any kind of assertion on this subject. However, your opinion on this matter is as good as mine. I might add that it is also plausible that a sufficiently advanced civilization might visit any number of times, and we would never even suspect it.

I don't know if you look at that thread I mentioned but one of those members that KNOW how to use a camera may get tge shot required.

I would be delighted if someone could provide a really good high resolution image of something that we could not explain, because then we might get more people interested in finding out what it might be. I will go look at the thread, promise.

BT

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It will never be captured with a camera, as it's not made of matter.

Maybe we will need to look at other kind of sensor evidence to document this, or be forever left with anecdotes. Maybe there is a kind of sensor that can pick up the phenomenon, and also provide a clue to what it is?

BT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join