It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

make it interesting again !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's weird that The ufo alien forum at ATS is so , well let's say uninteresting (and thats an understatement) nowadays (no new posts with any substance in it whatsoever ). Looking only on ATS one might get the impression that UFO alien and stuff is just something from the past. So being an 'UFONUT'' I looked further and found Richard D Hall on Richplanet.net. New for me and very interesting stuff.

Being curious I simply cannot understand why this stuff isn't discussed at ATS at the moment. I'm really sick of all the WWIII and election threads (yes I know my own threads go like that) Anyway if you search for it everyone suddenly lost interest after 2013 (Weird). Am I wrong ?
Same with the current Mars mission (ESA Russian+europe) and it's failure ... anyone ??

ATS is lagging behind come on guys change this make it interesting again.

If you're interested in some really good CT video's I recommend you to look on

richplanet.net...

Yes I'm pimping , but this guy is closer to the truth than most. Very interesting stuff for ATS I think!

edit on 10232016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Agreed.. lately the contents on ATS reminds me more of a G20 meeting then a conspiracy site

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've pondered this and can offer a theory as to why interest in (alien) UFOs has decreased.

Could it be that they have served their purpose and are no longer required by those with a hidden agenda? Perhaps there are no longer any advantages to having people believing in them so the promotion of them has tailed off.

Perhaps an analysis of past threads and contributors might be illuminating. That's a project that could keep a person busy for quite a while.

edit on 23-10-2016 by berenike because: clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
( * * * )
A. "Hey, check out this interesting footage"

( * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * + 54)
B. "It's swamp gas, Stop being so naive"

( * * )
A. "But the footage is from the high desert"

( * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * + 33)
B. "Like I said, It's the planet Venus"

( * )
A. "But it was taken in broad daylight while facing the opposite direction from Venus"

( * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * + 108)
B. "Obviously CGI"

A. Facepalm, walks away....

( * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * + 18)
C. "Hey B. you're so awesome, I wanna have your baby!"
edit on 23-10-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I've pondered this and can offer a theory as to why interest in (alien) UFOs has decreased.

But Only On ATS ! Ufo subject still pretty much alive everywhere else.

edit on 10232016 by frenchfries because: incorrect assumption sorry

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Gotta go with Slayer on this. Everyone is so skeptical and jaded, they just assume hoax. That 99.99% of the UFO videos out there are fakes doesn't help. They overshadow the real ones and just make everyone ignore what could be actual proof.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Gotta go with Slayer on this. Everyone is so skeptical and jaded, they just assume hoax. That 99.99% of the UFO videos out there are fakes doesn't help. They overshadow the real ones and just make everyone ignore what could be actual proof.

Good point ,

Skeptical and Jaded.. this pretty much sums it all up.

ATS shouldn't be that way. There is enough evidence that UFO's are a real phenomenon. And a lot is going on 'above top secret' . I think that people that join ATS should understand that ATS is not another MSM outlet or a social media clone like FB. And that the ATS used to be a place were people tried to understand the whole 'puzzle'.

But ESA is a different story... there is absolutely no coverage on this Mars mission on ATS (am I wrong) and that I cannot understand. It's like people dont care (or is it because in this one the Russians actually did something positive by working together with the europeans). Sceptical and jaded I understand ... but no interest for regular science ???

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

funny and good point!
It's the sad truth...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think everyone just got tired of looking at videos of blurry dots. I have never seen a credible video of an alien craft. Speculation is out of control and a new (obviously) fake video was popping up every other day. I personally lost interest in the ufo part of this sight after my first year of opening BS threads identifying blurry dots as specific races of aliens from specific parts of our galaxy.
Project camelot, wilcox, green, hume, icke, howe, all of those people ruined any credibility that this topic could have had. I hope they made their cash.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That site that you linked to seems to be a comprehensive collection of all of the worst offenders from years gone by. I guess it's nice to have it one place.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That site that you linked to seems to be a comprehensive collection of all of the worst offenders from years gone by. I guess it's nice to have it one place.

Not really , I guess you're disappointed in them.... it's more a generalization you make... Every one is an offender ?
There a lot of people that make money out of the subject that's true but that doesn't mean that the whole UFO phenomenon is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Hey...its user generated threads. If no one is posting...its because nothing is worth posting nor new. We certainly arent prohibited from starting any new threads.....so...

If you don't see anything new...its because there hasnt been anything new. See something? Post something! Like anything else...topics goes through down times where there just isnt anything new to post about....

Its normal.....

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If you don't see anything new...its because there hasnt been anything new.

Not quite True , there is a lot of 'new stuff' just not on ATS.
Example ... the old ATS was on to things like this (been on ATS since 2005)

most-spectacular-mars-mission

the new ATS not. I'm afraid this ATS is just an extension of MSM and election blahblah.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Seriously........? Simple enough for you to be the one to start a new subject.

We have OVER 300,000 members...and if you don't see something all of us havent thought interesting or important enough? Post a new thread yourself. Dont blame over a quarter of a million members for NOT doing so.

You: "I'm afraid this ATS is just an extension of MSM and election blahblah."

Me: If you feel that way...there are far more simpler websites perhaps you can go to .Maybe better for you and your "interests" and levels of expectations?

MS

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

well thats a nice FU that you are suggesting... well I expected that.

Well you're right ATS is not my cup of tea anymore. IT's not a CT site anymore. Look at the New threats and yes I blame the members not all but most of them. I'll think I go bye.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hey.. No offense meant. You're welcome here. Over time thing come and go... And some will be back again the way it was topically.

But if you find that at the present time or currently that it's not the same? Cmon back... Or wait awhile... Everything is in cycles... That's all.

And I've never meant to imply to anyone f---u. You're equal to the rest of us members. No matter what...
Best... MS

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Ok No problem No offense taken.... My bad to interpret it as such I'm sorry too ! of course I cant blame members for not posting.

But if you find that at the present time or currently that it's not the same? Cmon back... Or wait awhile... Everything is in cycles... That's all.

ehhh... maybe that's a good idea. Just waiting until it gets interesting again....
Greetings

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

With a dearth of interesting UFO cases in the 21st century it does make it difficult to introduce fresh content to the Alien/UFO forum. I don't think the smartphone age helps. Many posts consist of Youtube video with a couple of lines of text or a copy and paste job from another site. So I agree with your rant in many ways.

But I've been trying since 2012 to continue the standard set by some of the better posters on ATS in that forum. Mainly by looking at older cases in a new light and adding more recent information where possible..

For example there is an interesting debate going on about Tom DeLonge (of Blink182) and his involvement with military top brass, politicians like John Podesta and people in the entertainment industry. It appears on the surface to be a disclosure project of some sort. But could also be something more deceptive.

Tom De Longe with answers about UFOs, Life, the Universe and Everything...

I've also presented one of the most mystifying cases involving vehicle interference by UFOs from the old days.

The ‘Tex’-Files : Engine Stopping UFO - Levelland, Texas 1957

And another one from Scotland in 1979

Alien Assault in Dechmont Woods, Scotland? : Revisiting the Bob Taylor UFO Encounter

Or even the still unresolved case from Kentucky

"The Little Green Men of Hopkinsville" - 60th Anniversary Reboot

Maybe Cattle Mutilation is more your thing?

Close Encounters of the Herd Kind: UFOs, Aliens & Cattle Mutilation

Or mysterious deaths linked to the UFO phenomenon

Close Encounters of a Fatal Kind ?

There is also a long running thread on one of the blockbuster UFO cases - the Rendlesham Incident

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

It's been joined by some very interesting characters including veteran ufologist Jenny Randles. We have also made some interesting breakthroughs in the case that have not yet been covered by mainstream media.

* One of the main witnesses Jim Penniston reported seeing glyphs on a landed UFO. Those glyphs appear on a metal detector and Penniston has tried (rather bizarrely) to claim copyright for them.

* JIm Penniston also claimed to have received to a binary code download from said UFO with co-ordinates of various places on Earth. These cooridnates match exactly to a website prove to exist years before he made this claim. Which throws a lot of doubt on his story.

* Larry Warren (co-author of the book Left at East Gate on the Rendlesham incident) and claimed to be a witness of the Rendlesham Forest incident on the 3rd night of events played a very minor role if any at all.

That thread is so large now that it would take a long time to catch up. A good starting point would be the summary made in it : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now if you really don't think any of that is interesting then I can't help you other than to go out with a song and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today

Frenchfries this one's for you!

edit on 23/10/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Here some things I want to say...

But I've been trying since 2012 to continue the standard set by some of the better posters on ATS in that forum.

And indeed you have. Well you gave me so much to digest that it will take a while before responding.
I didn't saw you older posts but they are all very interesting.

Tom Delonge I saw. And i must admit I'm very very skeptic when it comes to him . Just a feeling but if you ask me he definitly knows something. But he also does confabulate a lot and I think one goal
is it to promote his book. After Greer and co I'm very skeptical.

Cattle mutilation gives me goose bumps. During my travels in central africa I heard primitivetribes that talked about mutilation of their cattle. These men were afraid to go out at night. I Also heard about spontanous combustion and 'teleportation'. So Indeed I'm very interested in Cattle mutilation also in relation with the 58 group in England. Still don't know if they have credibility !

Rendlesham is a tough cookie.33 years later what's the truth ? That is also the problem with old and famous cases.

Close Encounters of a Fatal Kind ?

Again the '58' group comes in mind. That mysterious group that knew when ufo's would land. Is this true ?
If I see all the killings it's obvious that the governments know more.
On a german site I heard about the fact that the german government had no ufo sightings during the cold war? A lie ?

also a very interesting find is the cometa report www.ufoevidence.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.ufoevidence.org...
in 2015 french nuclear facility's were scanned by UFO's.

In Russia there are so much sightings that I don't even know were to start. Sometimes very fatal. I remember a case in which the Russian army was under attack and their barracks were destroyed in a single night (during the cold war). A russian submarine-captain that observed uso's at incredible speed 450km/h and told in an interview that Russian though it were the americans. And The findings of OOPA's (Wolfram 99.999% pure) in crimea in places were there are frequent sightings. (I simply don't have enough time to translate)

Well...

I'm not a great poster (so I dont post very often). It's because english is not my native tongue. On the other hand I speak a lot of languages and am investigating the UFO phenomenon since a very long time so I know There is still so much to be discovered. Thanks for keeping the standards up (and the fanfare) you most certainly got my attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If only we could go back to the days of Billy Meier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join