It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Monday, October 24th Calais Jungle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Inside view.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

“Many have been here for more than a year. Here, the only constant they have is the youth centre, the faces of the adults who they know and can trust, the kids’ cafe, it’s unbelievably stressful for them,” said Emily Carrigan, who has worked with unaccompanied children in the camp since the start of the year. She said that living in limbo was affecting their mental health. “We see signs of trauma, PTSD [post-traumatic stress disorder].”

Panic sweeps Calais camp as refugees await the bulldozers

War with Terror stage 2, more innocent kids will suffer. Thanks a lot, dear Nanny-State!

What's next, are gas-chambers already up to debate in this Front National Vichy France? How's the labour 'reform' going by the way? Not so good me thinks, which is probably the reason why this Bollocks is the main topic for the political elite right now.

France labour reform: Clashes during 'last round' of street protests

Context is your friend, all that fearmongering is for naught and part of the obfuscation our red-tape #s deliver on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
What's next, are gas-chambers already up to debate in this Front National Vichy France?

Don't you think you are over reacting?

The fact is that the Jungle is an affront and the French have been lazy in finding a solution. People's lives in Calais, and those passing through on ferries and the Tunnel, have been negatively impacted by these migrants.

These are migrants who are illegals. They refuse to seek asylum, or register because they will be deported from France, as they are not eligible to stay. They just want to come to the UK. The UK don't want them.

I do feel for these people. They come from crap lands, full of corruption and poverty.
edit on 24/10/2016 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah, bulldozer away!

These are migrants who are illegals. They refuse to seek asylum, or register because they will be deported from France, as they are not eligible to stay. They just want to come to the UK. The UK don't want them.

They're people who fled from a warzone and all you do is argue legal issues in utter ignorance for their situation 'between the chairs' due to missing papers and such. You don't feel for those people, you use them for your nationalist agenda.

The real poverty sits in the mids of our rich western countries, where officials shy away from their responsibility to shelter innocent people from the regions they set ablaze in this stupid War with Terror. And here you are, doing your thing to find a scapegoat in the lazy French while Britain took a complete Brexit in this matter. The irony is priceless.

I'm overreacting? Bring the gas-chambers already, who on Ceres cares about their human right to travel anyway...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
They're people who fled from a warzone and all you do is argue legal issues in utter ignorance for their situation 'between the chairs' due to missing papers and such. You don't feel for those people, you use them for your nationalist agenda.

Well, the demographics of the Jungle indicate a large portion come from the Horn of Africa - Sudan, Eritrea and places like that. True, these places are rife with corruption, poverty and persistent poor government. They don't want to claim asylum because they won't get asylum. They will get sucked into criminality and abuse because they will not be able to get a "real" and legitimate job, or access education or health, or even welfare. Besides, all this "legal nonsense" is what makes the West better than these lawless places that they come from.

I feel very much for these people and empathise. I feel for their frustration as they have been sold a lie. Sadly for you, this has nothing to do with nationalism (sorry to burst that bubble) but more to do with what's practical. Problems in Eritrea will not be solved if all the young men run away.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I know, you would never dream of taking your chances in the west. Sounds a tad too hypocritical to me. Walk a mile in their shoes and you might have a quite different stance on the orwellian creation of 'illigal immigrant' Newspeak. Not to mention the charta of Human Rights. There's your 'legal nonsense'.

Many deportations are defacto death-sentances, which is why they failed at court. You may believe they're mostly economic refugees and yadayada, but meddling with hot air in some forum doesn't change that reality either.

Some reads for you:

Criticism of German deportation practices

"I can imagine it's very difficult for the states," she added. "They have to guarantee that everything will be processed properly. So if suddenly there have to be so and so many deportations, that can't be lawful - that can't be sensible. That's worrying for us."

German states speed up refugee deportations under federal pressure

Maybe it's time to reconsider who has been sold which lie exactly?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

A voice to be heard here.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Aint it lovely how everyone is denounced as a Nazi if they don't immediately toe the ideological line that there should be no borders anymore?

And people wonder why the right is on the rise? There's no reason at all for someone who harbours reasonable objections to this flood of migration to remain in the centre is there? The loony lefties will scream their shrill insults and castigate everyone just the same. May as well throw your lot in with the "don't let any in" brigade.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

They're quite spot on, thanks. The EU destroys their economy and supports dictators to reduce the number of refugees reaching Europe, which is a complete and utter betrayal of European Values. But maybe I'm just too old for this and need to realize, that our democracy is already gone and everything has to obey the globalists 'free markets'.

a reply to: SprocketUK

So you don't wanna think about the consequences of ill supervised deportions? Many of them are de facto death sentances, which is why the whole issue is remotely comparable. You could also take the shortcut with killing them right here, which is why the current practice is highly irresponsible. Am I supposed to ignore the problem now?

There's no reason at all for someone who harbours reasonable objections to this flood of migration to remain in the centre is there?

Not really, no. There's no flood of migration, it's peanuts compared with the droves of guest-workers Germany took after WW2. Preperation is the key, which is why we rather see a red-tape crisis in the aftermath of the 2008 bailouts.
Imagine what happens the day our ocean levels rise and millions have to resettle, that's the moment we'll have real migration waves to worry about. The loony leftie screaming shill insults? Well, that's a nice way to completely ignore the issue. Spin away!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

That's just so much hyperbole.

Those people could have settled in any of up to a dozen countries they passed through.

They chose not to.

They chose.

Just the same as you or I might make stupid life choices.

You can make up all sorts of false arguments to allow anyone to migrate anywhere, there comes a point though, when the rights of the indigenous population must take preference over this internationalist clap trap.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is not the UKs problem, it's an EU problem. these people have travelled through half a dozen countries to get to this camp without asking for asylum. If they are rescued at sea, the ship should turn around and drop them off at there point of departure. The west spends a fortune flying drones over middle eastern countries. They should fly these drones over the med' and stop the people traffickers from filling there pockets as well as make shift boats, some of these people are paying thousands to get to the EU.
The amount of economical migrants from within the EU and from Africa as well as other places has left a bad taste in the average persons mouth, which makes it harder for real asylum seekers to find sanctuary.
I also think that these "famous" people visiting the camp and telling us we are all evil for not helping more should put there money where there mouths are, they probably have a few spare rooms in there giant houses going spare or maybe stick there hands in there own pockets instead of looking for publicity and the front covers of gossip mags.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join