It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Monday, October 24th Calais Jungle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Sort of odd.
"You must leave!"
"Ok, where should we go?"

Simple, once Britain exits the E.U France will no longer be holding people who want to go to the UK, that will become our problem and rightly so. So the next Jungle will be in Dover...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
4) It's not Englands problem. It's France's problem.

Really?

Post Brexit that may be a different story, I think they have a point...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

They have to get across the channel first.....

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is true. One way of mitigating against people coming here that the already overstretched NHS, Social Services, Housing etc cannot cope with, is to end the right of illegal arrivals to claim asylum. By the way, don't ever say this in public or on any mainstream sites, you will trigger multiple liberal snowflake hissy fits and be accused of hate speech.
a reply to: crazyewok

edit on 23-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

NEWS blackout

But . . . Is not the Press free?

Oh right, pansies.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
But . . . Is not the Press free?

Oh right, pansies.

Won't really need an official blackout. Simply do it via rumours of potential mugging, murder and rape. Get the equivalent local L.E.O's to tell all media that they do not have the resources to secure the area and low and behold, all media outlets stop their personnel from going there for fear of getting murdered.

Then the elite can tempt the fools with the Mark via free food and water. No NEWS coverage via fear.

Notice how even the Guardian news outlet is biased against Trump. i thought they were still the last standing truthsayers. Now, they are just as bad as the "News (Screws) of the World" tabloid.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yeah but once we're not part of the EU France haave no reason to stop anyone entering the Channel Tunnel, no reason to check outbound vehicles for stowaways.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Haha!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
(deleted duplicate post)
edit on 23-10-2016 by audubon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Yeah but once we're not part of the EU France haave no reason to stop anyone entering the Channel Tunnel, no reason to check outbound vehicles for stowaways.

As far as I understand it, the border arrangements with France wouldn't be affected if Britain leaves the EU, because it's a separate deal from the various EU treaties.

There's a common misconception related to this: The Customs officers you encounter when trying to enter Britain at Calais or Dunkerque are actually British HMRC officers, not French. The point of the arrangement is to cut costs for both sides by stopping illegal immigrants from entering Britain in the first place, rather than having them arrive here and then having to deport them again. So the Customs checks and declarations were moved there too. I think this was in the 1990s.

At any rate, M Hollande has told Mrs May that this won't change. We shall see.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Not if Alain Juppé becomes President, he has other ideas...

edit on 23/10/16 by djz3ro because: i made a boo boo

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The truth is that the camp in Calais is a French problem and has absolutely nothing to do with the UK. France should have dealt with those illegal immigrants a long time ago. What other country would allow a bunch of illegal immigrants to set up a camp. You couldn't make it up. Not a single person in that camp is an asylum seeker or refugee. They already have safe haven. They must register in France if they don't then they should be sent back to where they came from. They also should be fingerprinted so that when they pop up somewhere else they will be returned to France. Hey, I feel like John Kerry, I have entered a parallel universe.

edit on 23-10-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

France can do what it likes we don't have to let them in. We can check incoming vehicles for stowaways. They can be turned round and sent back to France. We don't need to have open borders.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think a lot of people have the wrong impression about border controls. First let me say again, Britain have never ever lost control of their borders so all this BS about getting our borders back is just that, BS.
Now if we were to take our border checks back to mainland Britain the French have an international duty to vet ALL travelers coming to the UK. ie. They MUST have valid travel documents (passports. visas and tickets) if they don't or ignore these protocols then they are in breach of international laws and would be due for the cost of deportation and they would have the illegals back with them. This would cost them more than allowing UK border people on French soil.
All of these problems that have arisen is the fault of the French authorities. They have allowed the "camp" to get out of hand by ignoring the problem. As soon as the illegal people arrived there (not let them build up to todays numbers) they should have processed them and moved them on, whether that meant deportation back to their original country or moved them to asylum centers.
Now THEY have the problem of moving (even those that don't want to move) and processing the large numbers they have ignored up to now.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Not a single person in that camp is an asylum seeker or refugee. They already have safe haven.

This is one of the great unspeakables in left-ish British circles. I stupidly mentioned the 'first safe country' rule to a dear friend of mine a couple of years ago, and she adopted a wailing tone and physically turned her back on me, the repulsion is that visceral.

I have to admit, I've thought the less of her since that moment.

But in order to preserve our friendship, I bit my tongue after that, even when she actually argued that we had a duty to take migrants into the UK because there were so many of them that they were overwhelming Greece and Italy. I suspect the look on my face spoke volumes.

If nothing else, this convinced me that the left wing represent the biggest threat to freedom of speech in Britain. Whole categories of thoughts will get conversation shut down and earn you ostracism. I had just never seen it demonstrated quite so intimately.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Very true what you say.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Recently I asked a close friend to look at an article that answered the questions she frequently asked while discussing this issue. She refused to read the article. She wants to be ignorant. I don't see any way to fix that.

The article was written by someone who'd lived on the migrant trail for many months and had a clear picture of the coercement used by people traffickers. I can't find it in my bookmarks now and I wonder if it was censored for answering too many questions about how this situation has developed.
edit on 24 10 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Going by this comment in the Guardian we have the opposite problem. Too many cooks.

Alex Campbell ✔ @CouncilReporter
Presumably the next big headache for Calais authorities is evacuating the 10,000 journalists
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Seems good natured and calm. As long as the 10,000 journalists don't start rioting.

edit on 24 10 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Simple, once Britain exits the E.U France will no longer be holding people who want to go to the UK, that will become our problem and rightly so. So the next Jungle will be in Dover...

That's not strictly true. France has an obligation to do border checks, in the same way as people leaving a French airport are checked on departure.

Hypothesising on BREXIT is the road to ruin at the moment. However, if France cannot control their borders and lets migrants attempt to travel onward to the UK without hindrance, then the UK will just close the ferry and tunnel down, or send people back.

France cannot get away with playing politics with their obligations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join