It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Stefan Molyneux: Western Civilization Will Die If Clinton Is POTUS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Rude.

It will slowly morph. That is what it's doing. A global community is. It simply IS, now, and going backward or refusing to move forward is -- very literally -- retarded thinking.

You all talk as if 'western civilization' popped up all at once and has remained the same ever since. Do some research. My confusion is around how all you doomsters think that we will somehow remain "the same." NOTHING remains the same. So cowboy up and get ready. Use your imagination.

You can't use your brain when you're hyperventilating and allowing yourself to become hysterical. Your hysteria will not change things for the better. Hysteria is born of ignorance, and dies with a nuclear bomb.

Anyway, I've seen enough of your posts to know that you aren't a very deep thinker. So, nah. Go sit in the hallway with the other sore losers/slow learners/incompetents. Nincompoops, all of you.
edit on 10/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I guess its chilling to many because it has sort of that "all shall become one with the Borg, resistance is futile" feel to it.

I'll attempt to demonstrate in this way. I'm old enough to remember when different cities and regions of the US had their own individual "feel" to them. The cities for example, would typically be run by the biggest local business owners including the local newspapers. The different cities had different parades and local celebrations and such and featured preferred local cuisine and preferred local dress. And different regions had their own dialects and accents.

Then, starting I guess in the 1980's, particularly after the S&L bust, businesses were bought up by conglomerates, Walmart destroyed local businesses and small haberdasheries like hat shops, dress makers, etc. Even local breweries were bought up and replaced by giant Budweiser plants and such. McDonalds took over, Burger Doodle and the ubiquitous Dairy Queen, and the Big Four, Exxon, Shell, Texaco and Chevron gas stations on every corner. The cities lost their individual "feel" and even the personal "local" touch in the City Halls, with the local business owners being replaced by professional party hacks who's main job was to suck money out of the Federal Government to replace the falling property and sales tax revenues. And for the most part, the cities were hollowed out, lost their residential and business base and became One Party Rule districts that more or less oversaw the rot. In a sense, the Cities became nothing more than Federal Fiefdoms, administered to the tune of the Feds by the One Party that distributed the goodies and money.

And so today, drive across the US and its ALL THE SAME, blah...........I hate "blah". In some respects, I can sympathize with the foreigners who hate the US........they've watched the same thing happening in their countries, with Kentucky Fried Chicken and its "architecture" in China, and McDonalds in the Middle East with its "architecture" and of course, Coca Cola and all the rest.

And so we go to a "globalized" society or culture, administered by the cloying, coy, UN types who use the same words over and over in long speeches, saying nothing and all the while, at the end of the day, everyone wears the same, one of 5 Star Trek type uniforms, shops at Global Costco/Walmart and gets driven around in a self-driving Google Egg Mobile courtesy of Uber or Tesla. And they get to go home to a two room grey Soviet style apartment block complete with solar panels on the roof and one CFL bulb per room where they dine on McDonalds Ramen Tofu and drink "Brawndo", Brawndo, because its got electrolytes! Its what plants love.

Blah...........on a Global scale.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here you go, folks:

This is my vision. Watch it. Notice the inclusiveness - and the desolate, frozen stage.

We can do this. We can. We just have to start.

This has long been one of my favorite songs....and this rendition is very moving.

Original source was a FB share. Took me to this: www.faithtap.com...

From there, I went to youtube. The world needs to spread this.

RIGHT NOW.
Please - let's make it viral together. Let them know what we want.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks Tony. I'm old enough to remember that as well. Two-lane state highways were regularly travelled. I still prefer them. When we travel on the Harley, we take those roads.

Too few people do that anymore......all the "divided highway" circuits have nearly killed it.
Today on Morning Edition (NPR) I heard a story about AT&T absorbing Time Warner, and how it's a reversal of what happened back then --- when conglomerates were disbanded for the purpose of competition in the market.

I understand how it's going down. We are on the pendulum swing of half a century of US existence. So much has changed that it's alarming. But our grandparents didn't have any fewer surprises -- they had trains, and cars, and telephones.....and our parents, they had plumbing, and electricity, and eventually even television! Our own generation have moved from phones attached to the wall and roof-antennas for black and white televisions --- which received very few channels.

I clearly remember our first color tv. My parents used to love to watch Star Trek on it, and I got to watch The Monkees and Batman. The Partridge Family, and The Brady Bunch. Leave It To Beaver was already a cult-relic.

Just 20 years ago, we only had ICQ, and bb systems -- there were no respectable "graphics" -----
Pacman.
Etc.

It's time for us to let the new wave wash over us, and float through it. Get your surf on.
There's no stopping it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: amazing

Rather than fall for the propaganda and Brainwashing I've turned off all news and am voting Third Party. Giving them matching funds and ballot access and more power and visibility for the next election. Don't fall for the Fear mongering.

Oh and don't let them try to Bully you into voting for one of these morons by telling you that third party votes are wasted. We know they are not. Think for yourselves.

I'm right there with you.

As for the OP, I actually find this funny. There's only so much people can cry "the sky is falling!" before it loses all credibility. I've lived through 3 "once in a lifetime" financial crises; seen multiple leaders be demonized as "The AntiChrist"; seen many failed "End of Days/Rapture" predictions; and have listened to people all my life warn of the "WW3!!!". Blah blah blah.

Western civilization won't die; it will continue to adapt. It's like people don't realize that the Roman Empire was not only multicultural, but it included lands on 3 separate continents (Europe, Africa, and Asia). And even the major religion of "Western civilization" is an import from North Africa and Western Asia! LOL

That's what makes it so funny to me. Westerners complain about the "fall" of Western civilization while sporting Asian and African names, following the teachings of Asian and African prophets and religious figures, using Arabic numerals, eating foods grown in "3rd world countries", wearing clothing that was made in non-Western countries, using computers that were made in non-Western countries, etc. LOL

ETA: From my perspective, "Western Civilization" has always been about adopting & assimilating ideas from other cultures. Even many parts of the Greco-Roman pantheon had their roots in Egyptian mythology. The UK & India shared medical knowledge during the 1800s, just as Europe as a whole assimilated many ideas from the Babylonian sciences and the academic teachings of the Islamic Golden Age.

Funny you said that about the anitchrist! LOL I remember that Reagan was considered a possible Antichrist "...Ronald Wilson Reagan, they got to be a little nervous. You see, each of his three names has 6 letters apiece … 666!"

We also had 2012, the Y2K Bug etc, etc. We're good.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Am I the only person that finds this guy annoying???

He seems intelligent with some of his long youtube videos and he's right about many things he talks about. But he's such a GD drama queen and arrogantly annoying ass at the same time I find it almost impossible to watch him.

He always seems to have some condescending attitude to people and a kind of smug "I'm so much smarter than anyone" tone.

Maybe it's just me, but listening to him talk sometimes makes me want to shove his face in a big bowl of soup until the twitching stops.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join