It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beloved Disciple (Who is HE)??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't get too caught up trying to figure out who the disciple is that Jesus loved. All christians are a beloved disciple and nonchristians are loved by God as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
apparently James the Righteous... or James the Just is supposed to be who we should look to after Jesus ascended ... which oddly enough adds up to 777 using numerology..

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I remeber thinking about this thread while in Easter service when the reading mentioned the "one whom Jesus loved" being at the tomb with Mary and Peter when they found that Jesus was no longer there and had risen from the grave.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Or its...

keep learning.

Its the only way!

Sorry this is my view.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I hardly think one can clarify a passage from an English version of the bible (especially the KJV) by citing only other passages from the same text and version.

If the consipiracy theory here is that the answer to the original question may have been obliterated or obfuscated intentionally in the texts we find in modern bibles, then one could hardly make a strong argument using only the same suspect text.

If I write:
1) Bartholomew is a goat.
2) a goat is a kind of melon
3) Bartholomew likes melons.
4) goats like melons
5) everything I have written is literally true and indisputable.

How are you going to frame any arguments about whether or not Bartholomew is or is not a melon-eating goat by using only those 5 phrases?

Read, study, examine, keep your mind open, and know the contexts...rinse and repeat.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
``

?? no one in particular !

it is a Literary Device...intentionally vague, and open to as many interpetations as there are readers...

it also acts as an ego stroker, for those already 'given' to the Lord,
'slayed in the spirit' or whatever 'Believers' call their state-of-being.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well said,St Udio.
And all those who wish to clear up their brainwashed minds about this
"religious" matter,could Google to be convinced at the end that they
have been fooled.
As,for instance:
If the events in Jesus' life that appear to come from Krishna were eliminated as invalid, then most of the key Christian beliefs about Jesus would have to be abandoned: his virgin birth, incarnation, sinless life, crucifixion, descent into Hell, resurrection, ascension to heaven. Criteria for salvation, belief in the Trinity, the inerrancy of the Bible, the inspiration of the authors of the Bible by God, etc. would also have to be rejected.
www.religioustolerance.org...
Flanders

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Here in BC the local First Nations have a similar story, Creator sends a teacher to them who travels across this land enlightening all the people.
Maybe God has replayed the same scenario many times in many places. If you don't think that is likely, consider this, if it works the first time, why not try it again next time, and if it works again, isn't that going to be your first choice whenever a situation calls for that type of solution. If ain't broke, don't fix it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join