It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory Of Mom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thanks so much for sharing that in here! My Husband lost his Dad when he was 4 or 5 years old. It is difficult growing up without one of your Parents. I'll never forget when he told about when his Dad died. He said he was so angry, he went outside with his little toy gun shooting at the sky because he was so mad at God.

He lost his Mom many years ago, very near to Christmas. Thanks for your kindness! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

How very sweet of you to say such wonderful things! It must have been awful losing your Mom as a teenager!

Thank you so much! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

As you know, I still struggle.
Reading poetry, listening to music and just simply reading others thoughts and ideas help to cleanse the negativity and renew my strength. Simply the act of sitting here in the dawn alone with my thoughts and memories feels almost as if I'm putting on my armor to face another day without her. I am still learning 'who I am' without her by my side. Yes, I am a mother and that is my most important role in this lifetime now but, who am 'I' going to be when I grow up? So to speak.
Anyway, I saw this earlier and thought of you.
The last four lines rang true (for me at least) and I hope they help you as well.

an element of yourself
an alteration of your being
a new way of seeing
a new definition of your self

edit on 29-10-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (((hugs)))

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Beautiful Thread NS.

I only just saw it.
Much love Zazz.

Glimpse Of An Angel-Oil Painting Of An Angel in Garden by Marina Petro

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I love your new avatar Chirp! Thanks so much, that was beautiful!

It's strange how much our lives can change with just one person missing from it. We will always have our precious memories and our love. Holidays are difficult and soooo different now.

Yeah, I'm trying to discover who I am without my Mom too. I completely understand! HUGS!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thank you Zazzy my friend! What a beautiful painting!!!! Hugs!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join