It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Neera – so it seems like the ideas that really have currency are the following:
· Increase government’s public reporting so voters know what goverment is doing and how money is being spent. 66% of soft partisans think this would be very effective in making government more accountable.
· Strengthen bribery laws to ensure that politicians don’ change legislation for political donations. 62%
· Require full public reporting in government purchases or contracts, create stricter penalties for contractors who violate agreements. 61%
· Strictly limit the amount of money that lobbyists and their clients can contribute. 60%
· Require any organization that spends money on election ads to disclose its major donors. 60%
The first and third are easy enough, although I wonder how much we’ll break through with them.
We have already embraced the fifth.
The fourth idea seems challenging – who counts as “clients”? Would we limit the funds given by people working for companies that lobby more than those who don’t? Not sure how that would work.
The second idea is a favorite of mine, as you know, but REALLY dicey territory for HRC, right?
originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Of course she has. Everyone outside her campaign knows it so I am sure those in the loop do too.