It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge obliterates anti-2A laws. Upholds the Constitution.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You have no idea how easy it is to get on a military base undetected.

While domestic terrorists are fighting against the military!? Could afghan insurgents get on base? I ask because that is scary as hell if true.

Depends on what they are working on. General Aviation mechanics aren't require to have a clearance in standard line units.
SOAR and other sensitive units do require a clearance, but not for the maintenance work.

No background check!? Not required to be part of the military? I thought they hired their own for such work.

Putting it plainly you have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm not talking about reading field manuals here. I'm talking about practical knowledge and experience.

That's your opinion and you are more than entitled to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

" I don't think I've ever said differently. I can't carry a handgun, but that wouldn't stop me from defending myself or my family. "

Even if that Someone has a Gun ?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I can't carry a handgun, but that wouldn't stop me from defending myself or my family.

Nor should it.

I spent a good chunk of my life learning hand to hand skills. Why? To better my chances of winning a fight or effectively getting away from an attacker.

I carry a gun for the exact same reason. I also carry pepper spray because the use of a firearm isn't always an appropriate use of force.

Guns are tools. They better my chances of surviving a deadly force encounter. I will hang on to that right.

I have studied various martial arts for that reason too. I just can't fathom going through life scared of a deadly force encounter that I would need a weapon. Seriously, the only time it ever crosses my mind is when I read threads like this on ATS.

Edit: That isn't true, I do carry bear spray when I go hiking in the woods or mountains. Thought I should come clean on that!

edit on 22-10-2016 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" I don't think I've ever said differently. I can't carry a handgun, but that wouldn't stop me from defending myself or my family. "

Even if that Someone has a Gun ?

Yup.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Could afghan insurgents get on base? I ask because that is scary as hell if true.

FOBs are a lot more secure than bases here in the US.

No background check!? Not required to be part of the military? I thought they hired their own for such work.

If you're talking about working on aircraft only, no special access is really required.

Joining the military you will be background checked, if your MOS requires a clearance you will be screened for that too LONG BEFORE you ever make it out of MEPS.

Anyone taking part in classified operations or access to classified materials.

That's your opinion and you are more than entitled to it.

No it isn't. It's a fact.

Spend a few years in the Canadian army with units deploying to Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Edit: That isn't true, I do carry bear spray when I go hiking in the woods or mountains. Thought I should come clean on that!

My gun is like bear spray for people who don't have respect for life.

I never make comparisons with other countries because crime in general is driven by different factors.

But for clarity, remember that we have a nation of 330 million with 1/3 of that in possession of close to 400 million firearms. If guns were a problem, you'd know it.

What the media blows out of proportion is not reality. Some people who carry go their whole lives without ever unholstering the weapon in self defense. That's a good thing. But we don't have fire extinguishers(or bear spray) because we expect bad things to happen to us. No one who carries leaves the house assuming they are about to have the worst day of their lives. We carry in case it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

FOBs are a lot more secure than bases here in the US.

Yes, and that would never change, right? *eyeroll*

No it isn't. It's a fact.

Sure, whatever you say sport.
I ask a question (yes it was silly, meant to be for emphasis of point) and that means I can't understand that a bunch of guys with guns will outclass the US military. lol When you were in the military, that means they could outclass you!?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I never make comparisons with other countries because crime in general is driven by different factors.

But for clarity, remember that we have a nation of 330 million with 1/3 of that in possession of close to 400 million firearms. If guns were a problem, you'd know it.

What the media blows out of proportion is not reality. Some people who carry go their whole lives without ever unholstering the weapon in self defense. That's a good thing. But we don't have fire extinguishers(or bear spray) because we expect bad things to happen to us. No one who carries leaves the house assuming they are about to have the worst day of their lives. We carry in case it is.

Exactly my point. It is a societal problem.
I just really can't even imagine living with that fear daily. It's mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sure, whatever you say sport.

Listen, you can double down on your ignorance if you want to, but don't get mad at me for correcting your erroneous assumptions.

I ask a question (yes it was silly, meant to be for emphasis of point) and that means I can't understand that a bunch of guys with guns will outclass the US military. lol When you were in the military, that means they could outclass you!?

Let me know when you've at least reviewed some materials on insurgencies, why they work, and why the military would be so vulnerable on home turf.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I put my gun on in the morning and go about my business without any fear.

I don't think about it. It's like putting on a tool belt. I don't use all the tools in that belt, but its there if I need it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

While domestic terrorists are fighting against the military!? Could afghan insurgents get on base? I ask because that is scary as hell

If you look for them, you can find and watch videos of Taliban launching attacks inside the wire in Afghanistan.
They actually go inside the base and kill people and destroy equipment.
If our military is invincible, why are there still Taliban in Afghanistan and ISIS in Iraq?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Just wait I'm sure he'll come up with another unrelated strawman argument.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

" Let me know when you've at least reviewed some materials on insurgencies, why they work, and why the military would be so vulnerable on home turf. "

Maybe Viewing the Fictional Original 1984 Film " Red Dawn " might Enlighten him on the Finer Art of Resisting Insurgencies in Urban Combat and Rural Battlegrounds .

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

I just really can't even imagine living with that fear daily. It's mind boggling.

Its not really a fear but a duty to look out, to remonstrate, speak, remind ect and certainly when people in government start threatening. They have let us know what they intend and how they feel about our rights. They are as much or more to blame than any factor causing a stir over the second amendment.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

www.ca9.uscourts.gov...

Ninth Circuit Districts 1. Alaska 2. Arizona 3. Central District of California 4. Eastern District of California 5. Northern District of California 6. Southern District of California 7. Guam 8. Hawaii 9. Idaho 10. Montana 11. Nevada 12. Northern Mariana Islands 13. Oregon 14. Eastern District of Washington 15. Western District of Washington

pretty sure this means it applies to the entirely of the united states not just the islands in question,and her verbage was quite usefull for use in future cases and seems to set some decent if not perfect case law and precedents

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The time is getting closer

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: gladtobehere

She upheld the limit on 10 rounds in a magazine.

True.

Based on her arguments used to strike down the other restrictions, I think she would have liked to do away with the magazine ban had it not been for the Sunnyvale decision.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So can some one point to the part of the second amendment guarantees the right of self-defense?

I see the right of the state to form a militia and the right of the people to own weapons due to the need to form a militia. But no where does it say the right to self-defense.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Yep, just read it, no where does it protect self-defense.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Texans have to be familiar with guns coza da wild hogs....but ya know what, guns are the only thing stopping tyrranny
edit on 22-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 22-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yep, just read it, no where does it protect self-defense.

It doesn't.
However, the Heller decision does. 5-4.

edit on 10/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join