It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN and Climate Change: Tow the Party Line or Be Silenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.climatedepot.com...

The United Nations has rejected the media credentials of three journalists from a conservative news outlet in Canada to the upcoming UN climate summit in Morocco in November. Nick Nuttall, a UN official, admitted in an October 18 CBC interview that The Rebel news outlet is being banned from attending the UN summit because of its skeptical reporting of the UN’s climate claims.

The Consequences of resistance?
www.youtube.com...

www.un.org...

Article 2.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 18.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

The current behavior of the international community concerning climate change seems politically charged and simultaneously indifferent to the actual solutions to the problem. For example, closing down blind trade deals with industrializing nations such as India and China, which currently produce the bulk of pollution, would actually have an impact, but instead, corrupt free trade is maintained for these places, leading to brown skies and cities filled with e-waste, while nations with cleaner fuels, cleaner plants, and higher regulations are being systemically shuttered because of a mix of excessive regulation, unfair trade practices, and outsourcing to these same primary polluters.

Meanwhile, statistical variance from history such as the mini ice ages of the past, the 11 year solar cycles, and volcanoes are ignored. At the same time petrol is attacked, the amount of chemical waste produced in creating lithium ion batteries for electric cars and cellphones is ignored. The e-waste from smartphones, such as the explosive Samsung 7 is ignored. The chemical fumes produced by churning out billions of injection molded polymer products is ignored. The families that are fined, arrested, and imprisoned for greening their homes and neighborhoods with sustainable gardens, orchards, and vineyards are ignored. The schools that refuse to plant anything but sterile trees to demonstrate commitment to "green ethics" at a 1000% inflation and media circus pomp are ignored. The fact that healthy trees are destroyed to make fliers, and fossil fuels are burned by the ton to pull in tractors and backhoes all to celebrate the planting of ONE sterile inedible tree is ignored.

But if you say you deny climate change, or simply deny the validity of their solution, they want your head to explode?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Political terrorism:

Bill Nye, "Science Guy," Open to Jail Time for Climate Change Skeptics
As a taxpayer and voter, the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen... So I can see where people are very concerned about this, and they’re pursuing criminal investigations as well as engaging in discussions like this....That there is a chilling effect on scientists who are in extreme doubt about climate change, I think that is good.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Obey or be punished.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Nick Nuttall, a UN official, admitted in an October 18 CBC interview that The Rebel news outlet is being banned from attending the UN summit because of its skeptical reporting of the UN’s climate claims.
Actually it had more do to with the questions of legitimacy of Levant as a journalist and why he would be interested in the meeting. He looked at the website and was not impressed.

NN: Well, what do you think journalism is about?

CO: Reporting.

NN: Reporting. Factually, accurately, honestly, trying to get the truth out of what actually is going on in this very complex world. And, from the little I saw, which were inflammatory headlines on issues that weren’t even related to climate change … It was a croc of something, or other.

But it looks like he's open to reconsidering the application.

NN: That is one reason why I was slightly reluctant to do this interview with you … Many people have written to me that he’s very adept at using this kind of thing to generate more money through crowd-funding to keep his website going. I hope that people who maybe listen to this interview will think twice.

CO: Can he do anything to convince you otherwise to give him the accreditation?

NN: Well I have to say that two Canadian journalism associations have in fact written to me saying that we should rethink the situation. Now, when serious Canadian journalist associations actually write to me on that basis and are willing to stand by this individual and his website and what he covers, then now, I’m chewing that over. [These associations] have credibility, it would seem, and so I’m really thinking about it.

www.climatedepot.com...

edit on 10/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The UN is a laughable remnant of feudal Europe attempting to wear new clothes. Its chock full of dbags that believe they have a firmer understanding of life and hence the right to impose their bs banking an laws on the whole world.

Feg the UN

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What a weird thing to believe. The UN was conceived by the US State Department in 1939 and pushed into reality by FDR and Churchill in 1941, and was the official 'cause' for which the Allies were fighting during WWII.

Other than that, my only comment on the thread so far is that it is 'toe the line', not 'tow'. Because the image it's meant to invoke is that of people falling into order and forming a rank, with their toecaps neatly arranged along a line, solder-fashion.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Really? Hows the EU working out as its global dry run?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So, sn unelected (by the people) oligarchy runs the UN, just like the EU...how am I wrong?

Like anyone doesnt know the history...its the practice that matters.
edit on 22-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Understanding the Meaning of a Summit Conference -

" It may be argued that all of these meetings followed the script written by Henry VIII and Francis I in 1520. That meeting certainly featured personal diplomacy. It was arranged for the purpose of reaching "a meeting of minds" between the principals rather than for the resolution of specific differences. It transpired in an atmosphere of opulence, informality, and artificial camaraderie. Last, its achievements typically were minimal. For the most part, any benefits were psychological, lying in the clearer understanding of one another's motives and motivations gained by the participants. The prototypical summit conference emphasized the "images" of progress rather than the realities of problems left unresolved."

In other Words , Only Diplomats are Allowed to be Skeptical about any Topic Discussed there , but Not Journalists who's Job it is to Report on them ......Hmm...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

All governance should be local, with those elected officials representing their localities ever outward concentrically in order to keep abuse of power to a minimum and classists out entirely

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The UN doesn't actually hold much of any power of governance.
But you knew that, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

So, sn unelected (by the people) oligarchy runs the UN, just like the EU...how am I wrong?

Like anyone doesnt know the history...its the practice that matters.

You are plainly too clever for me, as I cannot make sense of your argument at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
An interesting relevant article on the solar cycle.

www.express.co.uk...

Apparently our current solar lull is indicative of a potential mini ice age, as was experienced a few centuries ago.

top topics

join