It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She will always be my baby!

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just wanted to post this because I wanted people to know what a wonderful daughter I have.

Today I left work early and was getting a lift home from a friend, on the way home we passed my daughter's school and seeing everyone leaving my friend asked if we should stop to give my daughter a lift home too.

I replied no because she gets the bus and she would already be on her way home by then.

A minute later I looked out of the car and saw her walking along. Surprised to see her I pointed her out to my friend who offered to stop and pick her up. We pulled over just around the corner and I jumped out to cross the road and let her know where we were.

As she and I walked back to the car I questioned her as to why she would be walking, if she had perhaps spent her bus money on a treat at lunchtime or anything. The reply she gave made my heart melt and is just a beautiful example of how wonderful she is in her everyday thoughts and actions.

Because she was caught red-handed she told me the reason why. She has been walking home for the past week and a bit in order to save up her daily 40p bus fare so she could personally buy me a present for my upcoming birthday in a few weeks.

Today I received a lesson in humility. I am truly blessed. She makes me this: happy!

Jack

[edit on 24/1/05 by JAK]
edit on 18/9/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Congratulations. That is a very nice story indeed.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Awww Jak, that's wonderful!!! What a sweetie!!
She obviously loves her daddy very much.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's nice to know that people care for others in such ways, it warms the heart that people make such a personal sacrifice for others whom they care about.

I bet your proud on a level that few people understand

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
lol Jak thats wonderfull she loves you dearly and she sounds like a nice cute girl lol what else can i say you have the best daughter in the world lol please tell her uncle shadowman said hi

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What a beautiful story Jack. You are a truly blessed.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
awesome !!!

You should also take pride in that you raised / are raising that girl....

it all starts at home..

nice job, very nice....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What a cute little girl

I'll be smiling all day now.

JAK

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind comments.

I shall be showing her this thread, I think it important she should see that such kindness does not go unrecognised.

Jack
edit on 18/9/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
oh my!

That is just way too sweet....

Your daughter is a perfect example of what this world needs most.

Humility, and let me also say that I hope your daughter always remains sweet and adoring,

and may the wind always be at her back.

top topics

join