It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If universum is computer emulation there will never be a God proof

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
a reply to: galien8

And everything you thought was real and good, SuX.

Is partly true if there is real coincidence, that even God does not control, than facts are given as such, however we can make mentally the best of it, thats the power of thought or more specific intelligence

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But you know he meant simulation.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PoetryInMotion

Are you intelligent or artificial?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

To me these 'architects' would more appropriately be considered aliens than 'god' or perhaps transdimensional beings since they themselves exist outside our simulation (and perhaps in their own). Simulations nested within simulations. More like Inception than the Matrix. Perhaps its been going on ad infinitum.

It's an interesting idea. I think the more we advance augmented reality/virtual reality on our tiny blue dot the more and more people will strongly consider this simulation theory as being our reality.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

To me these 'architects' would more appropriately be considered aliens than 'god' or perhaps transdimensional beings since they themselves exist outside our simulation (and perhaps in their own). Simulations nested within simulations. More like Inception than the Matrix. Perhaps its been going on ad infinitum.

It's an interesting idea. I think the more we advance augmented reality/virtual reality on our tiny blue dot the more and more people will strongly consider this simulation theory as being our reality.

In that scenario, things would take a frightening turn once the simulated universe hypothesis is confirmed and scientists use their findings to reverse engineer an alternate simulation for marketing purposes. Enter the matrix...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I concur

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This kind of stuff is nothing but blind ignorance.
When mankind has been blessed with a book with
parts that are well over two thousand years old.
That tell us all about what your aliens really are.
And people choose to remain in their blind ignorance
and believe they're intelligent. The ignorance is gastly.

edit on Rpm102216v06201600000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The ignorance is ghastly.

The only greater display of ignorance is from those that think they have the answers.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

You should really expand your literary repertoire.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Aliens or a bunch of school bullies, playing the GOD APP on their mobile phone in the schoolyard, they still would qualify as our Gods because they would be all omnipotent to us

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Aliens or a bunch of school bullies, playing the GOD APP on their mobile phone in the schoolyard, they still would qualify as our Gods because they would be all omnipotent to us

Ya, I think that's a negative.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You should really expand your literary repertoire.

As usual you're getting on about something you've only
convinced yourself you know all about. Perhaps you need more
focus.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on Rpm102216v54201600000023 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The ignorance is ghastly.

The only greater display of ignorance is from those that think they have the answers.

I only know enough to know I have no answers. Only questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Notice the little girl can't see beyond that large stack of books?
And the boy is the only one thinking.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Notice the little girl can't see beyond that large stack of books?
And the boy is the only one thinking.

Notice how the boy is wrong?

The bible may be 100% correct, but no answer to questions on calculus can be found within it.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

...your religious faith is not? Recall the thread many the moons ago where you said the new pope would usher in the apocalypse and we agreed if it didn't seem to be happening you'd publicly acknowledge your ignorance? Probably not. That's okay.

I'd hardly call it a blessing.

The Bible is suspiciously non-forthcoming about the size of the Universe and aliens. It doesn't say crap about it. I'm very familiar with Genesis. That's where I should be looking, right?

So true.
edit on 23-10-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The bible may be 100% correct, but no answer to questions on calculus can be found within it.

Most of what's in scripture is utterly non-applicable to our modern world. Save for a few decent moral codes (that neither originate in, nor depend on, scripture).

It's quite telling that scripture doesn't include knowledge that would be super helpful today. It's also quite telling that the morality is vastly grotesque within its pages. Almost as if the authors were ancient humans..

The Bible is a farcry from 100% correct. No need to entertain that. Genesis says all the stars in the Universe were made after Earth. The creation story has been wholly debunked by modern evidence.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The bible as far as I'm concerned is a less moral Aesop's fables.

I was just pointing out that the little kid is wrong even with the crazy assumption that the book is 100% correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join