It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice on how to proceed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He's a jerk and it's time for you to stop playing nice.
Glare at him when you see each other.
Make a show of pointing at him while whispering in a neighbor's ear.
He can't do a thing about that.
Teach the kids a rope skipping rhyme that villifies him.
Mr Winston likes to listen
While I slay my lady.
Has a cup against the wall
Hoping hoping maybe.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm really a nice lady.
I just have a really good imagination.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You know the horror movies where the entity says "GET OUT!"? Well...get out. He doesnt want you there and even if you have the right to be... and he shouldnt do it, he is gonna make your life hell everyday and night about any and everything he can think of or think up.

There is always someone like him in the world. Sure he should be like that, sure you can complain to whomever....but he's not moving nor gonna change. He will just get worse and make more hell for you.

Get out...start planning today. Good luck to you...and you have rights too...but he's not gonna respect them.

Best...MS

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Cant say i disagree with you assessment of the situation or what will happen in the future.

But some of us have ways and means, im still being nice but im not giving up and moving my family at additional cost just because Isa down the stair cant cope with kids running about or TV after 8pm.

Do you know the two wee old biddies down the bottom flats came and told us not to bother with the bastard and that all the previous tenants in the flat also had confrontations with the sod.

Apparently he even told a deaf(hard of hearing) person(one of the previous occupants) how loud her TV should be so as to not disturb him! Who DOES THAT????

The mind simply boggles!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Or Andy could play some drum and base at 2pm and show him what noise is really like maybe borrow a dog for the afternoon and get it to run around like hell .

i had upstairs neighbours that had no carpets a Rotweiler that they used to have running around like hell after a ball and they had 10 + people in All the time most days they were lucky to sleep for 3 hours and were up till 5am with their drug habbits .

I took a week of work one time to drive them as mad as me when they went to bed at 5-6 am i turned on the radio started the hoover etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I used to have an idiot neighbor like this, endlessly called the police with bull# noise complaints. We couldn't do anything, certainly not loud music after 11pm, even on a weekend without this bellend calling the police. If it wasn't our music or the TV it was our dog barking, or doors slamming etc. etc. Same story as you, they just didn't want us there and would complain about anything and everything.

The police were also getting tired of him, they even told me I could make as much noise as I want during the day.

So I gave him ultra loud music, specifically one song, on repeat, at full volume, all day while I was at work or when I went out. Rush's 'La Villa Strangiato' to be precise. Childish I know, but # him.

Eventually the bastard moved. I was so happy !

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I'm a live and let live sort of fellow, end of the day i just want peace for myself, my Mrs and kids to live there life without fear of some sex pest down below listening in to our daily routine.

Here is a wee extract from this psychos rhetoric "Was in the kitchen this morning and could not help but overhear yourself and partner discussing financial matters to the tune of £16,000 quid, so i went into the living room to get peace".

I don't even have £1600 quid nor can ever recall having a discussing in our kitchen regarding £16,000!!!

The guy is an A1 nut ball of the first order. LoL
edit on 22-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I had neighbors that were not used to apartment living once. Had a couple of kids who would just be kids. They would complain non-stop about it. One day when the lady knocks on the door I simple asked if hey had ever even lived in an apartment before, they hadnt. So i told them "Well get used to living in a building with other people, this is how it sounds like. I will just continue to ignore your complaints for the time being."

They got the management to come over and listen to the noise, they did not agree that the noise was excessive or unorthodox in relation to normal multi-story apartment dwelling noise. They complained so much though eventually the management moved them to a top floor apartment. I never dealt with them after my talk because I just treated them like they didn't exist after that point. The leasing managers advised me I had nothing to worry about, so I just stopped giving a # like if thy weren't there.

If one cannot sustain a house, get used to living in buildings with others, thats how your downstairs neighbors should treat it. But since they have already been proven crazy with a documented history of harassment, you should start messing with them. I say you should listen to interptr and play drums for a week

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thing is the guy apparently has/had two children of his own who he now has no contact with(his words). And one of them only lives about 5 streets away.

Given the current state of affairs and his insentient complaints and interest in our lifes, sexual or otherwise, that's a possible alarm bell right there!

One has to wonder what did he do to them?

Edit: don't mean to be judgmental but this trumpet is ticking all the boxes so to speak.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You are in a no-win situation with that idiot Andy best to just ignore him as you did everything on the flooring side expected of you just keep a radio on when you are discussing anything .

In my last flat my neighbour used to follow me around when i was on the mobile phone to listen in , go through the bins to sort out the rubbish for recycling and listen in at the window as the pavement was straight outside , i could even hear his clock ticking upstairs but we used to lol at each others snoring as the insulation was non existant

Glad i got a shift after 4 years

edit on 22/10/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

This was our shift through from a rat/cockroach infested downtrodden area rife with crime and poor refugees going through our bins on a daily basis aka Govanhill.

This area is a whole lot better with respects to the dilemmas we faced regarding our previous accommodation.

Thing is our neighbors in Govanhill or any of the previous areas we lived were great people who would do anything to help, same with all the rest of the neighbors bar him in this area.

Seems you cant win in some situations.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

His kids not speaking to him is a major red flag , no smoke without fire , do some background digging on him columbo style and watch the wains with him

Looks like you will have to play the long game with him and pray for a early heart attack for him ,

Or in the winter have a burst pipe incident forcing him to move for a while

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well he does apparently have a heart condition.

I thought red flag also especially combined with what he and his ex have also been known to get up to.

"Or in the winter have a burst pipe incident forcing him to move for a while".

Cant do that there are people below him also.

Lets face it, its probobly a burst mouth issue he deserves but that would only reflect poorly on myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes...thats my point as well. The guy obviously isnt going anywhere, and has done this to everyone all along. The choice is clear...

Stay and deal with him and the craziness...or get out for the sake of sanity and the wellbeing of the family.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

*Duplicate reply deleted by poster
edit on 22-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: dblclk

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I had some downstairs neighbors who used to yell at us upstairs about killin' us as they drank whiskey 24/7. We moved when they shot bullets through their ceiling and into and through my living room floor.

One day while driving from work...I heard a house being raided...and it was there, my old address. These 2 were wanted for robbing banks and credit unions...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Unfortunately through moving at this point is completely unviable financially speaking.

That's just a fact of life that i cant change right now.

So the choice seems anything but clear.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You should go all "Pacific Heights" on him.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Next time he calls tell him you're not taking his word any more after so many false alarms. Tell him you won't do anything without a witness to corroborate his story. .

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Are there any legislation for filing false reports against him by the police, especially for a clearly documented record of harassment??

I think we could probably have a guy like this jailed here in my state for harassment. Especially if you can bait him into a mild scuffle or very loud threatening gesture. May even be possible to have him committed if his family is annoyed by him and has not been in contact for some time, or if he has no family. A small scuffle would show he is a threat to others and/or himself.

It seems to me this neighbor may be mentally unstable. Perhaps you can see to it there is some way to force him to undergo medical evaluations through a judge's order in civil court??

You're despicable.
Seriously. The guy has hyperacusis or some similar disorder where he's hypersensitive to benign background noises. You probably don't understand how debilitating a disorder like this can be - common background noises, things that are impossible to control, are flagged by the brain as a 'threat' and activate the person's fight or flight response. He's in physical pain listening to those noises - so while his demands remain entirely unreasonable, he as an individual may not be.
I'm clinically diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, and this has been a major hurdle for me, but I've developed coping mechanisms. Really, a guy like that shouldn't be living under anyone. He probably just doesn't realize he's disabled - that was my big hurdle. All of these behaviors are ego-syntonic, so the person likely won't realize they even have a disorder.
edit on 22/10/16 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join