It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sometimes i get so emotional i cant even listen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
you ever get like this with any songs or artists?
there is stuff out there that is by all rights fantastic but i can not listen because i just swell with like every possible emotion. kind of to the point it makes me feel uncomfortable.

quite a few adele songs just tear me up and i have to stop. someone like you...forget it
you ever get like that?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No, never
I feel nothing

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Sure do, the funny thing though is that same song a month later will not have the same effect. sometimes I revisit some of my old 70's prog rock and they will evoke where I was at the time I first heard it, or when I bought the record. Memory is a funny thing.

Thanks for the Adele song - I'm listening to it now - powerful!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

ive talked about this before but when i listen to fade into you by mazzy starr it brings me back to when i was 15 and wanted to die. i remember everything. how my room was. everything. lots of pain back in those days

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Certanly there are bands that I can no longer listen to due to life and the music being intertwined. He'll one of my favorite bands from when I was growing up I can't even listen to without having mental health issues now due to them being linked to a bad break up over 10 years ago.....

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I grew up with an alcoholic father and after dealing with that life card I am now a 34 year old father of a 5 year old daughter and vow that my children will not deal with the bull# I endured.

This song tugs at the ole heart strings.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

For a long time I stopped listening to Pink Floyd as it would evoke depression because of my alcoholism. I've been sober over 20 years, and I can actually listen to most music without going into a dark place.

The memory of pain fades away, the mental pictures of where we were may still come back to haunt us - but the mind is its own healer and its own destroyer. I try to stay in the "light side", putting more "attention" OF GOOD MEMORIES.

Thank you for this thread. I was feeling rather sad/borderline "lightly depressed". Have had insomnia for about 3 weeks. Had 2 nights good sleep this week, life getting back on track.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

You are a good Dad. Try not to hold resentment for your father. It will hurt you in the long run.
"we forgive to try and forget". Keep bringing love to your daughter.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sometimes certain songs will either because I'm feeling down or because what they are about. A couple examples are,

Wish You Were Here - Floyd Pink. For reasons I'm not 100% sure on but I was pretty depressed when I first heard it

1916 - Motörhead
Because it shows how horrible war is and the young people fighting them, the last verse always makes me tear up.

I heard my friend cry,
And he sank to his knees, coughing blood
As he screamed for his mother
And I fell by his side,
And that's how we died,
Clinging like kids to each other,
And I lay in the mud
And the guts and the blood,
And I wept as his body grew colder,
And I called for my mother
And she never came,
Though it wasn't my fault
And I wasn't to blame,
The day not half over
And ten thousand slain, and now
There's nobody remembers our names
And that's how it is for a soldier.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I do. It's not always because I like the music, but events that were tied to the music.

For example, my first kiss was to this song, with a full moon providing light. We were being driven home from Prom. I hated most metal at the time, and I still shed a tear listening to this one to this day. Although the girl is on my banned enemy list, she wasn't at the time.

One

This one also makes me cry, as it was my last song ever played in High school - we had no Oboe that year, so I was the one dictating the piece; it represented everything of my childhood. Listen to the key change - I was crying from that point forward all the way to the end (at my concert) while playing.

Air for Band

This last one only started making me cry after I dug into its history: The composer wrote this as a lingering thought to his dad, who passed away (the prior song is sad as well). I don't like thinking about it as it hasn't come to pass for me, but this song brings memories of my own dad, doing things with me. I'm going to hate this song when he's gone.

Globus - Elegy

-fossilera

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sure I do. Sometimes for fun and giggles, I sing along to various tunes karoke style. Love singing the Doors. So, I decided to sing Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelburg. Well, there reaches a part in the song that chokes me up. No shame to it.

Sometimes other songs I like to perform clench me up. I really don't mind it. Our emotional link to songs is real and true and it says something about us. If we look at what songs affect us, we can learn about ourselves. Nothing wrong with that.

edit on 22/10/16 by argentus because: messed up the BB code *roll eyes *

new topics

top topics

join