It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just find life can get so depressing at times.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
-Oh another thing I thought of-

I have always been aware of my need to spend time alone- preferably in nature- to re-charge.

But it is rather late in life that i am coming to another realization- being with others can be a re-charge too, if you can find supportive people to be around.
When I am alone, I criticize myself non-stop, I spend too much time thinking and analyzing myself.
But when with others, i don't think about myself. My focus is turned outwards on them, and I feel lighter.
I also get much more positive feedback from them than what i give myself and it lifts my spirits.
Others believe in me more than I believe in myself, and in the past I ignore that, telling myself they just aren't aware of all my hidden faults and weaknesses... but as my husband told me once, it is insulting to them to act like their perception and judgement are invalid!
I sometimes have to remind myself that my biggest fault might be that I am simply wrong, about myself, and should respect the opinions of others on that subject...

The last couple of replies you got reminded me of this, and i called up some friends and arranged to meet up with them tonight.
Try that too!
edit on 22-10-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Great post.

I strongly agree with and can relate to what you have just expressed.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I partially agree with you, I am a sufferer of anxiety & depression, genetics.

Stability, that is the most important thing.

I have many times thought I was the winner with the battle on myself, life going great and riding the high of a percieved good life only to fall and have a terrible landing, have friends and family try and drag me back up and making the situation worse.

We are supposed to feel high's and low's I know that, though through personal experience enforcing the highs make the drop a hell of a lot worse. Depression isn't just feeling sad or discontent with circumstances, If it were we'd all suffer. Depression can be a physical manifestation also. It's a thought process and chemicals in the brain and body that ultimately needs fighting at all angles and the best way to fight that is on all angles with care and consideration of the being, the person. Having happiness does not stop the illness, and chasing happiness can literally make things worse.

Many times I've had it good then something can trigger in me then my actions although with good intent (make me happy) make me ultimately much worse.

Stability. It's much better to feel neither very happy or very sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

But you know, I kind of think depressed people can benefit from taking responsibility for being depressed...

Because

When you take responsibility, you take power.

If you can believe you are powerful enough to have gotten yourself into this state, it opens the door to the possibility that you just might have the power to pull yourself out.

It is a small thing, and you must be careful not to mix up respons-ability with blame... but sometimes that can free up some hope and energy to start trying ways of feeling better....

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's Autumn/Fall. I feel like that every year. Chin up dude, you will feel better when winter comes. :-)
edit on 22-10-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

OP, ConstruKction is right. Relax, forgive yourself, breath and be. Bluesma is right too. You have been given wonderful advice from from people who have my respect. Use it!

Stop thinking in the the "this or that" mode and try that re-training. Stop being so hard yourself. Allow empathy and sympathy to be part of your being. Then, that is when you take control of your own feelings. But you have to get that feeling into you. For some, it is walking the woods. Others, their favorite hobby. Or a pet. Find what works for you. I suggest reading Michel de Montaigne to see that you are not alone in these feelings. It is brilliant writing from a mind from the Renaissance. I would have loved to have been his friend!

In the meantime, enjoy some rock and roll...

Sweetwater - Everything Will Be Alright

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join