It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If what side you picked during election decided who could be drafted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

This means that many Americans have investments in those companies' stocks and/or bonds. Plus, our defense industry and defense related govt agencies employ a lot of Americans. All of these people have an economic incentive to continue those wars.

It that same old the "rich get richer off wars and the poor die and lose in the long run".

But it's not only rich people who are invested in them. Middle class people may have retirement funds that are invested in defense-related funds. And other middle class citizens may even be employed at defense contractors, like my younger brother and some of his friends. In fact, joining the military is one of the few economic choices for many people in poor communities. We will need economic alternatives for those people, since there are far more of them than there are wealthy war investors.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I am not saying to do it. I meant if that happens we would see much protest against the wars.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think everyone should be drafted into the military or public service to get the free collage education Hillary wants.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

and while they are doing this military or public service time they should be drug tested.

<< 1   >>

join