It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Sexual Assault Victim Who Still Supports Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article by Denise McAllister, a journalist and contributor to The Federalist. Denise has been a victim of sexual assault three times, one of which involved a 'Trump-esque' groping. You can read the detailed accounts of the assaults, particularly of the first one that happened when she was only 16, in the link at the end of this post.

One would think that a woman who knows firsthand what it’s like to be sexually assaulted would hate Trump with every fiber of her being, yet she still supports him.

Why?

For the same reasons why many of us still support him, one of them being that the timing is just too damn suspicious!

Denise says:

Why am I telling you this? I’m sure you can guess. There’s a lot of talk about sexism and sexual assault recently because of tapes released about Donald Trump and several women who have never spoken before—some in more than 30 years—telling their stories of how he sexually assaulted them.

I don’t know whether their stories are true. If he’s guilty and found to be so in a court of law, then I hope he’s punished. I do wonder, however, why his accusers never mentioned these things when NBC hired Trump to be on national television. I wonder why they never mentioned it when he stepped into politics years ago. I wonder why they never mentioned it during the primaries. I wonder why they never mentioned it until October, just before the election.

Was it just because they felt some freedom to do so because of the “Access Hollywood” tape? Maybe, but the timing still seems odd to me. It all seems so—how shall I put it—choreographed.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Like a typical post we read on ATS.

Denise is also very displeased with the way the pain and shame of sexual assault are being exploited by the female protagonists like Michelle Obama, to drive their political agendas. She says:

I also have a keen sensitivity to the hypocrisy of those who say they care deeply about women who have suffered in this way — hypocrites like Michelle Obama. Honestly, I don’t know who’s worse. A man who sexually abuses a woman, or a woman who uses another woman who has been sexually abused, creating another layer of abuse. Part of me says it’s the latter.

She goes as far as calling Michelle a fine actress.

Last week, Michelle gave a speech in which she said she feels the pain of sexual assault victims “so personally.” Like the fine actress she is, her voice trembled. “I can’t stop thinking about this,” she said. “It has shaken me to my core in a way that I couldn’t have predicted.”

So while I’d love nothing more than to pretend like this isn’t happening, and to come out here and do my normal campaign speech, it would be dishonest and disingenuous to me to just move on to the next thing like this was all just a bad dream.

But Michelle Obama is being dishonest and disingenuous. She supports a woman who has viciously attacked women who say they were the victims of her husband’s sexual deviancy. They are no different than the women coming forward now, except their stories have stood the test of time, and have been corroborated. Yet they get no sympathy from Michelle and Hillary, only scorn and ridicule.

The article further expands on hypocrite Michelle, like how she never 'trembled' for Paula Jones, and also how Denise dislikes Hillary's policies and how they can actually hurt women. She also touches some other points we are familiar with. It's very worth the read.

Link to Article

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Had we not heard Trump himself say he sexually assaults women this skepticism might be warranted.

Essentially women are now claiming Trump did what Trump said he did/does.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Had we not heard Trump himself say he sexually assaults women this skepticism might be warranted.

Essentially women are now claiming Trump did what Trump said he did/does.

So now that he's said it, they're all jumping on the bandwagon.

We'd never heard Bill Clinton say he assaulted women before his victims started accusing him. Why? Because the attacks were actually legit.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

He was a well known reality TV show star and known to be worth millions. For decades.

Why wait till now?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Even Denise acknowledges within your link she doesn't know with any certainty if they're telling the truth or not. So she wouldn't say they're jumping on a bandwagon because that would imply she thinks they're all lying. She is voicing skepticism, not absolute knowledge.

What are you doing? Are you alluding that you know for a fact they're all lying?

Again, had Trump not said what he's said, I might entertain the notion they're not being truthful. Take this out this context and apply it to anyone else. Hypothetically say you overheard your neighbor talking about how he grabs women's breasts because he's rich and famous and can get away with it. A week later you hear about a woman accusing him of sexual assault. Would you be inclined to believe her? Would you doubt it just because it allegedly took place a long time ago?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Do you have a link to Trump admitting this , i must have missed it .
edit on 21-10-2016 by hutch622 because: Quote added for clarity

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Because there is strength and safety in numbers.

Because the video and resulting media coverage created an environment where the women felt safe coming forward, as they figured they would be listened to.

If someone came forward a few years ago, it would have been back page tabloid material and they still would have had to face Trump's million dollar legal team.

link   

Ok, that is her right...she can support whoever she likes.

Am I missing something else about this thread?

link   

Why wait till now?

There is a plethora of reasons women voice it much later on (or not at all). If the argument is simply that they're not truthful because the timing seems suspicious then that's a very weak argument to me. It's a very complex psychological situation, and the reasons are bound to vary. I'm not going to pretend to know the reasons. It's simply a reality that women don't always report it right away.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I highly doubt you missed it.

"You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab them by the $#%@. You can do anything."

What's the implication of these words to you?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Hypothetically say you overheard your neighbor talking about how he grabs women's breasts because he's rich and famous and can get away with it. A week later you hear about a woman accusing him of sexual assault. Would you be inclined to believe her? Would you doubt it just because it allegedly took place a long time ago?

If my neighbor was famous enough for his statement to become front page news and there was a vested interest in hurting his image, yes I would find the timing very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Because there is strength and safety in numbers. 

There's also a lot of media attention attached.

Like the author said, if he is tried and convicted, I hope he pays. This is trial by public opinion, right before election day.

I don't think we'll hear much more about it after the 8th.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Ok, that is her right...she can support whoever she likes.

Am I missing something else about this thread?

Not really, no.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab them by the $#%@. You can do anything."

This is the debate.
edit on 21-10-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I wasn't doubting you ,i just wanted a link.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

If he was being serious, the "I don't even wait" part suggests that he gropes women without waiting for permission, which is sexual assault.

If he was being ridiculous for comedic effect, it means he's a tool.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
This is the debate.

Indeed.

They let you do it = Consensual.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: JinMI
This is the debate.

Indeed.

They let you do it = Consensual.

I don't even wait = assault.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why wait till now?

There is a plethora of reasons women voice it much later on (or not at all). If the argument is simply that they're not truthful because the timing seems suspicious then that's a very weak argument to me. It's a very complex psychological situation, and the reasons are bound to vary. I'm not going to pretend to know the reasons. It's simply a reality that women don't always report it right away.

Do you think he will be charged with anything? Is there a shred of physical evidence? Or just allegations?

I doubt a prosecutor would move forward on that alone.

The timing and motive are suspect. And IMO political.

But like I said, if it is proven otherwise then I hope he faces the same penalties as any other American would.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Why wait till now?

Do you think he will be charged with anything? Is there a shred of physical evidence? Or just allegations?

I doubt a prosecutor would move forward on that alone.

The timing and motive are suspect. And IMO political.

But like I said, if it is proven otherwise then I hope he faces the same penalties as any other American would.

The timing is not unlike the women who came forward years after the fact to blame Bill Clinton.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join