It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clinton lawyer may have exposed entire server to China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's a hot one coming from the U.S. House Judiciary Committee chairman.

He is suspecting most if not all of Hillary Clinton's email files may have been compromised by the fact that a Clinton aide who was "helping" sort through the emails to decide what was "personal" and what was "work related".

Apparently the aide was using a brand of computer that was known to have malware pre-installed and possibly connected to the Chinese government.

And some of it was known since 2006 and the State Department actually banned that brand.

Big problem uncovered again !!

Clinton lawyer may have exposed entire server to China

Hillary Clinton's lawyer may have allowed hackers to obtain all of the former secretary of state's emails by reviewing the contents of her private server on a laptop tied to Chinese cyberspies, a House Republican charged on Friday.

Heather Samuelson was one of the Clinton aides who sifted through the private email server used during Clinton's tenure at the State Department, and helped decide which would be designated as personal messages and which were work-related. That's when the potential Chinese hacks may have taken place, because she used two laptops made by Lenovo, a company with ties to the Chinese government that has sold laptops for years with malware pre-installed on the computer.

"It seems clear that Secretary Clinton and her associates played fast and loose with our national security, and yet no one — not a single person involved in this harmful fiasco — has been held accountable," House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., wrote to FBI Director James Comey after learning the make and model of Samuelson's computer.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's getting to the point where none of this surprises me in the least.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So the US government doesn't issue computers to be used by employees?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Guess that explains why Russia is being blamed? God forbid people realize China owns the corrupt US government.

Am I right? lmao

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Comey knew all this information. When asked all he said it was possible she could have been hacked. Now we know it was more than possible. Likely a reality and they knew who got the data. No way that was ever coming out of his mouth.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

www.cnet.com...

This one here is a hack that wasn't her fault.

However this is why people in government need a high level IT person to help protect secrets. Someone that is constantly watching tech news.

The superfish story was one of those stories that if you're not a computer geek you'd never of heard of it.

www.grc.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The "conspiracy" in me says this was part of the espionage plan all along.

Clever how they pulled it off.

Remember, whoever saw the raw emails also saw the raw classified material.

The "I don't recall" meme is over with.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

there's only one thing i can say to this.

LOL

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Cool...so if wikileaks doesn't expose her 33,000 deleted emails...China can still blackmail her if she becomes POTUS.
How Special is THAT?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So, is anyone here using a Lenovo laptop?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
So, is anyone here using a Lenovo laptop?

My wife has a 2-1 Yoga. It's always pretty awesome. Except for the Chinese theft software part.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It doesn`t surprise me, I`ve been saying all along there is zero chance that her home server wasn`t hacked, every other computer that Clinton or her cronies got their hands on has been hacked,her home server WAS hacked there`s no doubt about that.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So the US government doesn't issue computers to be used by employees?

I believe that, at the relevant time, the people handling the emails were no longer in government service. There is another massive, massive can of worms directly relating to what they did, but the scandals are getting stacked so high that it's pretty tiring trying to climb to the top these days.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So the emails were being reviewed because they had to decide which of them were work related.... in other words... State Department related.
They had to review them because Hillary kept her work related emails on her largely unprotected private server. She was asked repeatedly to use a State Department email address for her work related emails during her time as SOS.

How is this not her fault?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You would think Hillary and her gang would have known ...........

---- from 2006 ----
US State Dept pulls Lenovo PCs

The US State Department has yanked computers made by China's Lenovo from networks that provide access to information vital to national security, it has emerged. The move follows fears the kit could be used by China to spy on the US.

The department ordered 16,000 PCs from Lenovo earlier this year. Some 900 of these machines were due to be connected to secure networks, Republican Congressman Frank Wolf revealed this week.

But after Congress' US-China Economic and Security Review Commission expressed concerns that the equipment could be used for espionage - worries Wolf communicated to the US Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice - the State Department removed any Lenovo-made PCs from networks that could be used to access classified data.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That was no accident. That was quid pro quo.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

'This one here is a hack that wasn't her fault.'

Are you kidding? Are you writing about Hillary, the whole damned, stupid business was her fault!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So the emails were being reviewed because they had to decide which of them were work related.... in other words... State Department related.
They had to review them because Hillary kept her work related emails on her largely unprotected private server. She was asked repeatedly to use a State Department email address for her work related emails during her time as SOS.

How is this not her fault?

Because other than IT security folks. Not many people knew of this pre installed software on Lenovo pc's.

During her tenure as SoS the laws currently in place did not prevent her from keeping a server. Now because of many of the hacks that took place. Government IT security has become much more strict.

However if you look at the vector of most of the attacks. The hackers used social engineering to gain passwords and or spear fishing emails to gain access. Something that could still have caused intrusions if she used a secure server.

That being said. I do agree. She most certainly should of hired an IT security professional to administer her server. And she should of used a State Dept server. But there were no rules stoping her from having a private email server.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

But there were no rules stoping her from having a private email server.

There certainly are rules against having classified information in an unsecured server.
There are rules against people without a security clearance viewing classified information.
Hillary broke both of those rules.

IF the emails were just yoga class schedules and wedding plans.... there would be no problem with the Chinese hacking them.

I think the Chinese already had them before the Lenovo was involved.
Hillary took her BlackBerry to Beijing when she first took office as SOS. The BlackBerry was linked to her server.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm sure she was also aware that she should not have had TS info on her server. However like some lawyers point out. She did not intend for that information to be leaked out. And like lawyers like to also point out. That makes a difference. BS if you ask me.

I'm also aware that she had an admin for the server with no clearance. And she also sent out the server to a company for upgrades which didn't have a clearance either. Yes a big no no. I thought that if they would of nailed her on anything it would of been that.

But the OP of this post is about the lawyer with the Lenovo laptop. We should go back to that topic. We are drifting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join