It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington's foreign policy elite breaks with Obama over Syrian bloodshed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Taken together, the studies and reports call for more-aggressive American action to constrain Iran, rein in the chaos in the Middle East and check Russia in Europe.

The studies, which reflect Clinton’s stated views, break most forcefully with Obama on Syria. Virtually all these efforts, including a report released Wednesday by the liberal Center for American Progress, call for stepped-up military action to deter President Bashar al-Assad’s regime and Russian forces in ­Syria.
SOURCE

I think this is a big blow to the "cooler heads will prevail" theory. This article is claiming that Clinton's warmongering ways are supported by the majority of the power elite in Washington.

I know some posters on this forum have ignored Clinton's hawkish foreign policy stance because they believe she won't have the authority to implement her plans. I hope the article linked above will be a wake-up call.

I've read speculation that Russia is trying to rush to finish the Syrian war before Clinton becomes POTUS. The future of the entire world may hinge on that.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Israelis hate Iran.

I like Iran, they have never started any wars, okay they lock up dissidents and that can include people with a different political view, but which country hasn't? They have a relatively stable economy and are susceptible to Earthquakes.

What makes me LOL the most here on this site, is when we are told Iran are harbourers of Terrorists. Lol, lol, lol.
edit on 21/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Gotta get those jewish votes in florida

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The issue of Hillary Clinton's penchant for warfare (as a way to increase profits for her military-industrial complex financial supporters) is one of the reasons some of my "yellow dog Democrat" relatives who are US citizens are voting for Jill Stein.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you look at HRC's donors ....not counting wall street and defense contractors...Instead looking at Saudi and other Sunni governments...the ones who say "lets fund ISIS miscreants"... They will not rest until they can kick Iran back to it's borders and stop any religious influence they might try to exert over Wahhabi philosophy... IMO
edit on 727stk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If you look at HRC's donors ....not counting wall street and defense contractors... Saudi and other Sunni governments...the ones who say "lets fund ISIS miscreants"... They will not rest until they can kick Iran back to it's borders and stop any religious influence they might try to exert over Wahhabi philosophy... IMO
the orange one has been bailed out by the house of saud many times, so they definitely have their bases covered.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If you look at HRC's donors ....not counting wall street and defense contractors... Saudi and other Sunni governments...the ones who say "lets fund ISIS miscreants"... They will not rest until they can kick Iran back to it's borders and stop any religious influence they might try to exert over Wahhabi philosophy... IMO
the orange one has been bailed out by the house of saud many times, so they definitely have their bases covered.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Taken together, the studies and reports call for more-aggressive American action to constrain Iran, rein in the chaos in the Middle East and check Russia in Europe.

The studies, which reflect Clinton’s stated views, break most forcefully with Obama on Syria. Virtually all these efforts, including a report released Wednesday by the liberal Center for American Progress, call for stepped-up military action to deter President Bashar al-Assad’s regime and Russian forces in ­Syria.
SOURCE

I think this is a big blow to the "cooler heads will prevail" theory. This article is claiming that Clinton's warmongering ways are supported by the majority of the power elite in Washington.

I know some posters on this forum have ignored Clinton's hawkish foreign policy stance because they believe she won't have the authority to implement her plans. I hope the article linked above will be a wake-up call.

I've read speculation that Russia is trying to rush to finish the Syrian war before Clinton becomes POTUS. The future of the entire world may hinge on that.
ri

I think that you are right that the establishment wants regime change here at just about any cost. To be clear, I'm not sure that Obama didn't want this. He allowed the CIA and Clinton to arm, fund, and train the militants in Syria, fueling this civil war since 2013 at least, probably earlier.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The proposed military measures include calls for safe zones
to protect moderate rebels from ­Syrian and Russian forces. Most of the studies propose limited American airstrikes with cruise missiles to punish Assad if he continues to attack civilians with barrel bombs, as is happening in besieged Aleppo. Obama has staunchly resisted any military action against the Assad regime.

How are these neo colonialists going to tell Assad how to fight a civil war in his own country?

Who the hell do they think they are

After destroying Iraq, Libya, who do they think their fooling?

Event though Obama has still surreptitiously attacked Assad these savages aren't satisfied.

They'll lead the world to destruction

They want an overt war and to support what amounts to terrorists in Syria

www.washingtonpost.com... ry.html

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Speaking of Clinton being for war, I've used this Huffington post Clinton war record article, which was written in February, before other information came to light.
The article simply explains, using her record, how Clinton will send us to war.

Anyone who has any doubts that she wont send us to war, plase read. It's really well written and easy to follow.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

What has Iran got to do with anything apart from living close to those people who always want to be the victim and has vast oil and gas reserves?

Why on earth do people believe Iran poses a threat to anyone?

When was the last time Iran invaded or bombed any country?

This invented concern by the US that Iran is a threat to somebody without ever offering any evidence, illustrates, just how easily some people can be trained up to think whatever their govt wants them to think.

This proves the views they hold at not their own but are the views someone else put into their feeble little minds.

In other words some peoples minds are very very easy to control.

top topics

join