It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At charity roast, Donald Trump delivered what might as well be a campaign eulogy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Viewpoints.

You can have opposing viewpoints with your friends.

Didn't think I needed to make it paint by number for you.

Except that he doesn't oppose them, well except when he does for 5 or 10 min to pander, or when they give him money or he buys them off

AMIRITE or AMIRITE?!

Hard to tell, but he keeps to his message.

I thought they both had good jokes. Hillary's Russian jab was good. The "pardon me" bit was fantastic.

The 'pardon me' joke was very funny and drew a lot of laughs.
I also liked the joke about the media working hard for Hillary's campaign

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Viewpoints.

You can have opposing viewpoints with your friends.

Didn't think I needed to make it paint by number for you.

Except that he doesn't oppose them, well except when he does for 5 or 10 min to pander, or when they give him money or he buys them off

AMIRITE or AMIRITE?!

Hard to tell, but he keeps to his message.

I thought they both had good jokes. Hillary's Russian jab was good. The "pardon me" bit was fantastic.

The 'pardon me' joke was very funny and drew a lot of laughs.
I also liked the joke about the media working hard for Hillary's campaign

Who would have tought you would like trump jokes, so that means he won, just like the 3 debates lol.

Crow eating time is coming in 18 days.

(post by goou111 removed for a manners violation)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So I guess Hillary Clinton personally attacking Trump about women, with his wife sitting next to him, WAS in the spirit of the event and the right place and time? Personally attacking someone in the crowd, as she did with Rudy Gulliani... that was the time and place, right? How about discussing whether Trump was rich or not? Good place to do it?

It's a roast. Of course pot shots will be made. But a roast is also supposed to be humorous and entertaining. Hillary took her shots with humor. Trump delivered lies and conspiracies with very little to no humor at all.

The usual suspects on ATS - Trump bad. Got booed. Media said so. It must be true and the whole story.

The media didn't tell me Trump got boo'd. I watched it happen.

link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The super was suposed to be light hearted jokes, this event has been happening for a while, trump did not understand what was goin on.

Then how do you explain Hillary's low balls. They darn sure weren't ad libbed! Everything she does and says is scripted.

He understood exactly what the venue was. Didn't you hear the man? He and his father had attended that event before.

He knows what the game is. He just gets flak because he doesn't always play the game by someone else's rules. I like that myself.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"I have deep respect for people like Kellyanne Conway. She's working day and night for Donald, and because she's a contractor, he's probably not even going to pay her."

That one got me

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So I guess Hillary Clinton personally attacking Trump about women, with his wife sitting next to him, WAS in the spirit of the event and the right place and time? Personally attacking someone in the crowd, as she did with Rudy Gulliani... that was the time and place, right? How about discussing whether Trump was rich or not? Good place to do it?

It's a roast. Of course pot shots will be made. But a roast is also supposed to be humorous and entertaining. Hillary took her shots with humor. Trump delivered lies and conspiracies with very little to no humor at all.

The usual suspects on ATS - Trump bad. Got booed. Media said so. It must be true and the whole story.

Trump got more laughs...
Oh and if you watched it that just means you decided to be dishonest and one sided.
Fair enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The super was suposed to be light hearted jokes, this event has been happening for a while, trump did not understand what was goin on.

Then how do you explain Hillary's low balls. They darn sure weren't ad libbed! Everything she does and says is scripted.

He understood exactly what the venue was. Didn't you hear the man? He and his father had attended that event before.

He knows what the game is. He just gets flak because he doesn't always play the game by someone else's rules. I like that myself.

Every politician who as done the super has had there jokes written, its not a game, its a dinner so they can make fun of themselves,not use it to foam at the mouth.

Seems like your just like trump, you dont understand the concept of the event.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Hillary threw some low balls, too. But, she did it in a room full of media friends and donors.

Yes, she did. That is the purpose of a roast.

It doesn't matter what you or I think. Donald is well aware that he doesn't get a fair hearing when it comes to the slime balls in the media.

Of course. It's all rigged. He's the victim...as always.

So, why not make it count! He is working for the people now, not a room full of Hillary front men/women. Everything he said needed to be said and the audience were all sitting right there. I hope some of them peed their panties.

Again, not the time nor place.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"I have deep respect for people like Kellyanne Conway. She's working day and night for Donald, and because she's a contractor, he's probably not even going to pay her."

That one got me

Yeah agree - that was amusing.

(post by goou111 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I guess my other points just went zipping past you. I will just respectfully disagree with you. I think, under the unusual circumstances of this election, considering the criminal he is running against, the obvious corruption and cover-ups for her in the media, I would have to say:

It. Was. Exactly. The. Right. Time. and. Place.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"Time and place" has never really been a consideration of his. He tends to take any opportunity that arises. Millions have voted for him because of his IDGAF attitude.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Posting the videos really only strengthened the OP's point.

edit on 21-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
Thought I'd post a pic of Trumps 'falling' crowds.

This is today in PA.

Hillary gave up on the trail as no one wanted to see her. She got tired of hauling around her campaign team to watch her and paying a few students to rock up and wave flags.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

Trump got more laughs...

He should have stuck with the humor.

Oh and if you watched it that just means you decided to be dishonest and one sided. Fair enough.

It's dishonest because I don't believe or think like you in my review of the event?

What's dishonest is that you would come in to this thread, wag your finger at others and try to shame them for not having the same thoughts on the roast.

link   

I guess my other points just went zipping past you. I will just respectfully disagree with you. I think, under the unusual circumstances of this election, considering the criminal he is running against, the obvious corruption and cover-ups for her in the media, I would have to say:

When you get invited to a sunday brunch, do you show up dressed up for halloween, same simple concept, oh and the harder you try the bigger the fail, just like donald.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So would actually watching them.
edit on 21-10-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Makes him the outsider in a room full of elites.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Posting the videos really only strengthened the OP's point.

If you say so.
If you watched them then you will have seen the good and the bad in both speeches - unless you are already brainwashed and not able to think for yourself. If the latter then you have my condolences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join