It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Unfiltered Voices From Donald Trump's Crowds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Are you trying to imply that it's impossible to express hatred through words?

No it's quite easy. "I hate such and such".

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

So you are saying that we can't pass judgment until they take action on their hatred?

So I can't call someone a racist just because they are expressing their hatred of other races in words....I have to wait until they act on that racism???

That's some insane logic.

Not at all. You've already proven that you pass judgement on what people say, but nothing else.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I see, from your understanding of vocabulary... the only way to express hatred through language is to use that specific word. Without using that word, it is impossible to express hatred through words? I assume then, by that rationale, it is impossible to express hatred through action, unless that magic word 'hate' is uttered during said action?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I see, from your understanding of vocabulary... the only way to express hatred through language is to use that specific word. Without using that word, it is impossible to express hatred through words? I assume then, by that rationale, it is impossible to express hatred through action, unless that magic word 'hate' is uttered during said action?

No I'm trying to show that one cannot assume one is expressing hatred of entire groups of people simply by using words you do not approve of.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
You are just confirming what a lot of us know...the small segment that speak out like this in public at Trump rallies represent a much larger group that speak like this privately.

I read somewhere recently (cant remember where) That when things don't go

Hillary's way she can throw a tantrum second to none, and turn the air very blue.

I bet she knows/uses some choice expressions herself!

I hear there's a tape somewhere with her using the *N* word.

edit on 21-10-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I see, so for instance... "F*** Islam" is not hatred for Islam... it's perhaps a truncated statement that really means "F*ck some Islam, but other Islam is quite alright." -- And I assume there just wasn't enough room on the shirt?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Islam is a religion. I see nothing wrong with hating a religion that teaches to throws gays from minarets, treat women like sub-humans, and slaughter unbelievers. What about you?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Its up to the people themselves to understand they are different and find middle ground.

The whole premise of people being able to get money without working is wrong and is the worst thing about western society. Everyone should work (apart from those disabled enough not to be able to) doing things for their community.

Unless people accept personal responsibility America and the UK will continue to be massively divided.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well, let's not change focus so fast. I posited that, according to you, "F*** Islam" does not imply hate for Islam, because it did not use the required word "hate" and so therefore we cannot assume "F*** Islam" means "I hate or dislike Islam".... but now you seem to concede the meaning as hatred for Islam... and you are now pivoting toward justification of said hatred?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think you need this..

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, let's not change focus so fast. I posited that, according to you, "F*** Islam" does not imply hate for Islam, because it did not use the required word "hate" and so therefore we cannot assume "F*** Islam" means "I hate or dislike Islam".... but now you seem to concede the meaning as hatred for Islam... and you are now pivoting toward justification of said hatred?

I did not say that a statement is required to have the word "hate" in it in order to derive that it is done in hatred, only that there is insufficient proof or evidence of hatred without admitting whether one hates or not.

Yes I justify hatred of a doctrine that teaches slavery and ritualistic murder.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Explain how saying words is tantamount to hatred.

What else are words besides the embodiment of our thoughts?

So is it the sound of their thoughts that bother you? Or the way they make you feel? Thought crimes.

If you want to accuse me of being against "Thought Crimes", be my guest.

Although, saying it is a "crime" is mis-representing what I have been saying. I don't want them arrested, I don't think they are doing anything illegal.

But I will call them out on their vile thoughts.

If you want to say that is me being against "Thought Crimes", more power to you.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I hear there's a tape somewhere with her using the *N* word.

If that tape is released and she uses it in a context of disrespecting African Americans, I will be the first to condemn her.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So then, to go back to my original point... We agree it IS possible to express hatred through words... and the word "hate" is not required to do so...

And we both agree that the statement "F*** Islam" is an example of expressing hatred for a religion through words.
Perhaps "F*** those dirty beaners" may be another example of expressed hate for a specific racial group.
And possibly "F*** that n****r" is an example of hatred for a man of a particular race.

And so, what I am saying is... I believe the issue people take is not with the words they disapprove of... but the choice to include duragatory statements regarding race and religion as poignant to their message.

For instance, we don't say "F*** that president". We say "F*** that n****r" because perhaps we reject that he is the president, but instead embrace that he is a n****r.

For some... it is an ignorant expression of hatred. For you... possibly something else.

edit on 21-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't want them arrested, I don't think they are doing anything illegal.

I don't think they read ATS.

Are you going to go to the next Trump rally to condemn them and make them see the error of their ways?

link   

Islam is a religion. I see nothing wrong with hating a religion that teaches to throws gays from minarets, treat women like sub-humans, and slaughter unbelievers. What about you?

Well, some of us do see something wrong with it.

Just because your moral code is more lenient than others, doesn't mean it is an acceptable behavior by societal norms.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Not a lot to say other than it's a shame that people like that can vote. The Dunning-Kruger crowd is too stupid to know they're stupid, which is why they fell for Little Donny's numerous, unending lies so easily.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

I don't want them arrested, I don't think they are doing anything illegal.

I don't think they read ATS.

Are you going to go to the next Trump rally to condemn them and make them see the error of their ways?

No, I don't have to go to the rally to condemn their behavior.

However, the fact that you don't see any Trump supporters at these rally condemning them says a lot about Trump supporters as a whole.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you want to accuse me of being against "Thought Crimes", be my guest.

Although, saying it is a "crime" is mis-representing what I have been saying. I don't want them arrested, I don't think they are doing anything illegal.

If you want to say that is me being against "Thought Crimes", more power to you.

It is a phrase from a book called 1984, by George Orwell. I'm using it as a metaphor.

I agree that what they are saying is worthy of condemnation, but there is a chance that, given more knowledge, they may change their mind and sing a different tune. But what is even more vile in my opinion is the condemning of people for what they think and say. The history of censorship is a long and bloody one, and purges and show-trials have been justified with the same exact justifications as you now express.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I agree that what they are saying is worthy of condemnation
But what is even more vile in my opinion is the condemning of people for what they think and say.

You seem to be having a moral dilemma.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join