It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Forces Seize Top Zarqawi Aide in Iraq (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Iraqi officials announced Monday that they have arrested the "most lethal" top lieutenant of al-Qaida's leader Al-Zarqawi in Iraq. Sami Mohammed Ali Said al-Jaaf, also known as Abu Omar al-Kurdi, was arrested during a Jan. 15 raid in Baghdad. Abu Omar al-Kurdi, has since admitted to being responsible for 75 percent of all car bombings in Baghdad, since March 2003.

wireservice.wired.com
Kurdi has been in Iraqi custody for over a month, but his capture was announced just a week before Iraq's landmark elections in which Prime Minister Iyad Allawi is running on a list that promises to bring security to beleaguered Iraqis.

"Kurdi has confessed to some 75 percent of the car bombs that were used for attacks in Baghdad since March 2003 and to making the explosives used in the attack on the Jordanian embassy in August 2003," spokesman Thair al-Naqib said.

"Kurdi also confirmed he was responsible for some of the bloody attacks on the police."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very good news since it comes less then one week from the Iraq elections. Now if they can perhaps just catch Zarqawi before the elections. If that could happen one would think the rest of his cowardly followers would run and hide.

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I’m starting to smell a rat…or a boogeyman to be exact. I haven’t started to believe all the “Zarqawi is not real, he’s is made up” theories out there yet. But I am starting to wonder. How the heck in the world can this guy operate at such a high volume and not get caught? How many more “top aids” will be caught or killed before the actual man himself is?

I don’t know about you, but it seems to me about every week we get a “top aid” and never ever seem to get Zarqawi himself. You would think that a “top aid” would need to spend some time with Zarqawi from time to time. How can we be getting all these guys and somehow not be getting Zarq himself?

Ill tell you one thing: Seems to be that being the wanted guy is the safe bet, but to be an aid of his is suicide. I wonder if even Lloyds of London would even insure a “Top Aid”?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Occurs is very good news, for the people in Iraq so they can stop being scared of retaliation and get out and vote, Right?

Not, is another way of manipulating the population of Iraq to believe that they are "more safe"

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh Marg you are such a pessimist. Guess what the three letters in ASSumption spell. Donkey!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bloodline of God
Oh Marg you are such a pessimist. Guess what the three letters in ASSumption spell. Donkey!

Not, is call been realistic,
now is nothing wrong with been a dreamer but is good to be able to wake up at the right time.

Now should........I get offended by you response here.

Or you just trying to be a littler bit funny.......

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Haha I am glad you liked my joke. I have read many of your posts even though I have not posted much. I disagree about your views on Iraq, as I supported the regime change. Now I am a staunch conservative Republican but I do agree that going after Iran next is a serious no no. Try to be optimistic and everything will be alright.

Cheers.

top topics

join