It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corp. Media Slam of Bush Inaugeration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
"George Bush's second inaugural extravaganza was every bit as repugnant as I had expected, a vulgar orgy of triumphalism probably unmatched since Napoleon crowned himself emperor of the French in Notre Dame in 1804. The little Corsican corporal had a few decent victories to his escutcheon. Lodi, Marengo, that sort of thing. Not so this strutting Texan mountebank, with his chimpanzee smirk and his born-again banalities delivered in that constipated syntax that sounds the way cold cheeseburgers look, and his grinning plastic wife, and his scheming junta of neo-con spivs, shamans, flatterers and armchair warmongers, and his sinuous evasions and his brazen lies, and his sleight of hand theft from the American poor, and his rape of the environment, and his lethal conviction that the world must submit to his Pax Americana or be bombed into charcoal."

The Sydney Morning Herald

THis was truely in the Gore Vidal/William F. Buckley category of exceedingly literate castigation. Regardless of you position, read the article for it's sheer venom - we just don't get the real stuff in the states in our major papers.

Here's another smack:

Condoleezza Rice did admit to the US Senate this week that there had been some "not so good" decisions. But the more I see of her gleaming teeth and her fibreglass helmet of hair and her perky confidence, the more I am convinced that back in the '60s she used to be Cindy Birdsong, up there beside Diana Ross as one of the Supremes of Motown fame. I don't think it's a good idea to let her make a comeback as Secretary of State.

But, before anyone jumps to the defense of Little Cesar, ask yourself this: "Was the extravaganza really necessary?"

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The foreign press won't give up any opportunity to attack George Bush or a member of his administration. It's their new sport.

Did you see the Saturday Night Live rendition of the confirmation hearings? I think the impersonation of Barbara Boxer was great!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I missed it, but I loved when Janet Jackson was on and did a killer Condi Rice impersination!

new topics

join