It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elementary school cancels Halloween, so some kids dont feel excluded

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yea very much a progressive left liberal type of bs

great example of the horseshoe effect

the progressive left is basically the present day religious conservatives except way worse
they truly believe they're morally intellectually above everyone

they know what's best for everyone and if you don't agree you're a racist bigoted sexist subhuman
edit on 21-10-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The debate about Halloween being racist and sexist is rampant on the left
all the talk about every october.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

When Hillary takes office everything will be cancelled any way.
I say why not? Let all the conglomerates who depend on these
holidays for their mega bucks tumble back down to the Earth.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The debate about Halloween being racist and sexist is rampant on the left
all the talk about every october.

That is a debate about sexist and racist costumes, not the holiday. I don't hear SJWs say "ban Halloween", you hear them say "don't go out in blackface you racist prick".

Christians, on the other hand, are notorious for their war on Halloween, as a whole.

Think about it. If liberals started celebrating Christmas with a gay baby Jesus nativity scene and Christians had an issue with it, would you then say that Christians are waging a war on Christmas? No, they would be waging a war on a gay nativity scene.

Sweet gay baby Jesus.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Liberals want to make sure everyone is included and no one is excluded, which is precisely the reason for this.

Liberals dont even know what liberals are.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Liberals want to make sure everyone is included and no one is excluded, which is precisely the reason for this.

My point is that I can't find anything in the article stating this isn't simply Christians warring against Halloween. Where does the article state otherwise?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Sure they do.

Everything they like should be a right while things they do not like should be illegal.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

edit on 10/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The kids and the parents should file a counter petition highlighting that to cancel this event, which is our culture, is equally offensive. But for that to work you cannot have White skin unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As long as muslim women can walk around all day dressed like Sith Lords-there shouldn't be a problem with Halloween costumes/parades.

It's disgusting to see liberals destroying as much of anything typically American as they can just to leave hickies on islamists' rear ends.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would make my kid show up dressed like some famous person of the opposite sex. When the school's administrators give my child crap for dressing up on haloween I would shame them for calling my son's transgender status a "costume" then i would post the whole story on facebook. The liberals would all suffer from seizures from not knowing who is more PC.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As a card carrying satanist, I find this offensive; how are we supposed to recruit children without Halloween?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

PhD gives up trying to reason with SJWs

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Just watched this today, and I don't know how he held it together as well as he did. I would love to see any of these SJWs argue with him one on one instead of attacking him as a group. His expression in the frame capture of the video says it all.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Why is this viewed as a liberal thing? The only religious people I've met that are outspoken against Halloween are Christians.

It's the liberals who are the ones who will ban a thing just because some cannot participate.

They banned Valentine's Day in a school district last year for the same reason.

But we don't for sure which religions or cultures this was meant to protect the sensibilities of. For all you know, they didn't want kids to potentially wear culturally insensitive costumes like samurai or ninja or indians or something with a big ol' sombrero and fake 'stache, etc., and they given reason was that some do not participate and would feel left out.

And for all we know, this was done for Muslim students who surely don't celebrate Halloween either just like they wouldn't many other typical American Holidays.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Religious beliefs, huh? That's right wing conservative BS.
Cultural beliefs, huh? That's left wing liberal BS.
We need to ban both so we reasonable people can get on with life.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
Religious beliefs, huh? That's right wing conservative BS.
Cultural beliefs, huh? That's left wing liberal BS.
We need to ban both so we reasonable people can get on with life.

Ummm, it's pretty much impossible to ban culture. Might as well ban society.
edit on 21-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The horror of it all

Children having fun on Halloween! We can't have that kind of thing going on in schools!!!

We could not possibly just have Halloween goings on as extracurricular things, that kids could either enjoy or stay away from solving the issue for both sides; can we?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Aren't they ALL excluded now?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Aren't they ALL excluded now?

Yes. Christmas will be next.

<< 1    3 >>

join