It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elementary school cancels Halloween, so some kids dont feel excluded

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well an Elemenatry school in Connecticut has canceled the Halloween parade and banned costumes for the kids and staff
because some kids cant be included because of religious and cultural beliefs.

This is some more progressive PC BS Halloween is for the kids in OUR culture if other cultures dont like it WHO EFFING CARES?

There was alot of kids and teachers growing up that did not participate in Halloween but they never just cancelled it.

Stupid progressive from the left if we dont like something everyone else should just stop doing it. even our Holidays and traditions.

chool officials said students in past years have been excluded from participating because of religion and cultural beliefs.
“We believe school day activities must be inclusive for all students and we must be sensitive in regards to holidays and celebrations of religious, cultural or secular nature,” DeLoreto wrote. “Please know classroom celebrations will continue to take place however, they will be Fall themed, not Halloween.”

Source: Niantic School Cancels Halloween Parade, Bans Costumes | NBC Connecticut www.nbcconnecticut.com...
Follow us: @nbcconnecticut on Twitter | NBCConnecticut on Facebook
www.nbcconnecticut.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

It's sad because Halloween is super fun, but honestly, they can still celebrate however they want when they get home.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I'm not surprised.

Some commit crimes with guns, ban all guns.
Some say offensive things, censor speech.

Some don't wear costumes, ban all costumes.

Reminds me of the analogy of the leftist vegan that doesn't want ANYONE to eat meat.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It's sad because Halloween is super fun, but honestly, they can still celebrate however they want when they get home.

You are right... BUt when your a kid going to school in your costume was the highlight of Fall.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Churches back in the day banned dancing. School is the new church. But upon growing up, we must say our prayers of relief to the judges to find forgiveness for your transgressions, because God is so yesterday.
edit on 21-10-2016 by fractal5 because: shortened

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm not surprised.

Some commit crimes with guns, ban all guns.
Some say offensive things, censor speech.

Some don't wear costumes, ban all costumes.

Reminds me of the analogy of the leftist vegan that doesn't want ANYONE to eat meat.

I dont like all of Antis Trump threads but I bet he doesnt stop writing them.

It only works one way lol.

edit on 21-10-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
My kids' previous school allowed kids to dress up as careers- doctor, fireman.... bla bla bla. Officially allowed no parties- though the kids came home with notes asking for Halloween treats. The teachers had to "work it into" the curriculum. It pissed me off royally- because it wasn't parents asking for the change, but a PC ladder climbing principal.
If it were because of parents, I'd be cool with that.

Where my kids attend currently- heaven! They switched this time last year to a super small town school. I walked in and all the classroom doors were decked out for Halloween! Loved it. Felt like I was walking into my childhood. 3 days later the kids had a costume parade through the school, to the gym for the contest! My 2 girls both won for most original. I was so happy for them. And I love the no PC atmosphere! It's not a super techie school, but it's a better atmosphere and genuine care.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It was fun, for sure; but trick or treating was where it was at! It's also not such a long standing tradition that I personally feel very strongly about it. My parents didn't have Halloween related school activities, neither did theirs.

We can all still celebrate Halloween however we like.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Horsesh*t. Since when have the public schools cared about religious views? They are supposed to keep it out of schools, remember? I don't understand why everyone has to suffer because a few don't wish to participate. The solution would be to give those kids that day off instead. Win Win.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Horsesh*t. Since when have the public schools cared about religious views? They are supposed to keep it out of schools, remember? I don't understand why everyone has to suffer because a few don't wish to participate. The solution would be to give those kids that day off instead. Win Win.

I think they should just make them deal with it. It will be a precursor to real life you dont always get what you want.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It was fun, for sure; but trick or treating was where it was at! It's also not such a long standing tradition that I personally feel very strongly about it. My parents didn't have Halloween related school activities, neither did theirs.

We can all still celebrate Halloween however we like.

IM 45 we did it in the 70s and 80s , thats 50 years . sounds like a tradition to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

My parents are 52 and 53 and had no Halloween related school activities. Maybe it's regional.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Cancel Halloween at school and exclude everyone, makes sense.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is there any other type of vegan?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why is this viewed as a liberal thing? The only religious people I've met that are outspoken against Halloween are Christians.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Someone still celebrates Halloween instead of "Fall Festivals"? This push to change schools' celebrations started in the 1980s, when my own kids were in school, when Christian parents either complained that public schools were celebrating Satanic celebrations or that their own church didn't celebrate holidays and so their kids couldn't participate and would be "left out". Schools started to change to "non-religious" "Fall Festivals" with games and activities.

And Halloween was not the only American cultural tradition to be let go. Protestant Christian parents soon complained again that celebrating Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day was celebrating a Catholic holiday, that Easter and Christmas were being celebrated as Pagan holidays in schools (i.e. not religiously correct). And, again, some Christians said that their churches celebrated no holidays and that their students would feel left out.

Maybe I just live in a religiously conservative area, but schools here gave up American cultural holidays long ago, to appease Christian parents.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Why is this viewed as a liberal thing? The only religious people I've met that are outspoken against Halloween are Christians.
Are you kidding me? Yeah in and year out its the left making an issue of Halloween.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Generation SJW is manifesting. Social Engineering in 'progress'. They're coming for your kids. This video will help you understand how this is happening:

edit on 21-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The Bill Of Rights States that Citizens of the United States have a Right to Life , Liberty , and the Pursuit of Happiness . How can that Continue to Exist if People and Organizations in America suddenly Decide to just Ignore it based on their Own Personal Beliefs ?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Abysha

Are you kidding me? Yeah in and year out its the left making an issue of Halloween.

That makes absolutely no sense to me. Christians are the ones who pushed secularization of Halloween for decades. They claim it is Satanic and an attack on their faiths.

Never met a liberal who didn't celebrate Halloween.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join