It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

America needs more Trey Gowdys....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From what i've learnt about America, it was built on the back of Trey Gowdys type of ideaology.

I have been watching American politics for sometime. I am an Australian living in sunny Queensland. Growing up i thought politics was dull and boring, i somehow knew that it meant a lot, but cared very little. As i grew older, politics grew with me. Being a Taurus apparently makes me stubborn and pig headed, that sits ok with me, i do live on the skeptic side of the border and i have tend in the past to arc up before even trying to project an outcome, but i have enough smarts to know what is good and what is not.

The intensity of the impending election has a lot of people on edge, including non-americans from around the world including myself. Being a superpower such as the USA you sure know how to draw an audience and strutt your stuff so to speak. So why not put your best out there, i mean out of 350+ million people, these are the two best scallywags you could come up with ?
I was going to post links of Trey Gowdy but it's getting late here and if you do not already know or have not realised how much sense this fella makes and how much he loves YOUR constitution and his country then have a look, search for your next president, spend your time wisely and maybe next time you'll have more to choose from.

I dislike Trump, but his attitude is refreshing, I dislike Clinton and i hate her past.

I too though would love to see america great again.

Cheers.

P.S. it's hard to watch things from the outside in, we all care and have an opinion, hope we're all good.
edit on 21/10/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Can I come live down there?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yea gowdy knows his stuff, so does Rand Paul. The cool thing about them is they have actually had real jobs, they're not career politicians.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

If you make an effort to adopt our values... then no bloody worries mate!!
edit on 21/10/2016 by scubagravy because: spelling.... as per bloody usual

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

But Rand Paul has one foot in, though so should Hillary i guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

If you make an effort to adopt our values... the no bloody worries mate!!

My only concern would be that I am not as evolved as a people who adapted to live with Sharks, Crocs, poisen spiders and snakes eveywhere... I give myself approx 20 minutes of life... and thats if I dont leave the hotel room.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Trick is, dont go in the water, and if you like whales? we have some of them here too

Hey, i made a prop comment supporting Trey Gowdy in a thread a few days back, and our ol mate Phage popped in and scoffed at the idea.... it's funny how when we dislike what we read in the mirror sometimes, Gowdy makes sense, like Phage, competition is grand aint it ?!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

. I give myself approx 20 minutes of life... and thats if I dont leave the hotel room.

Dont sweat it nothing is dangerous here , it all propaganda aimed at keeping tourists away from our real attractions .Wait shellfish can kill you here . lol .

Ah just another day in Australia .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
So why not put your best out there, i mean out of 350+ million people, these are the two best scallywags you could come up with ?

Well, therein lies the problem--the people don't offer up the candidates, and even if an above-average Joe wanted to run, the American public has become so brainwashed and apathetic concerning the "two-party system" that Joe wouldn't even get a campaign off of the ground because it all has to do with money and exposure, and no mass-watched news networks will ever give such a candidate the time of day.

So, what happens is that we get stuck (usually) with the political hand-me-downs from prior political positions (AKA: Career Politicians) who are the only ones that generally pass the mustard, so to speak, in the Democrat or Republican committees. And the committees are the ones that give us the faces that we must look at while withholding our regurgitation through the entire election process.

We, the American people, are the guilty party when it comes to WHO is the face of the parties come each election cycle. Good people with good intentions do try to do something about the situation, but they get lost in the background static because they don't walk lock-step with the Rs or the Ds.

It is interesting with Trump this time around, as he seems to be out-of-step with the Rs and their ideology as a whole, but he is very similar in enough places to be their nominee. His attitude about politics and political correctness is refreshing, for sure, but he's also very crass and, to be honest, I don't think that he's really that intelligent of a human being, nor that kind-hearted of a human being, but since we're really only seeing the businessman side of his personality, it's hard to say.

Clinton, on the other hand, has proven more than once that she is candidate for criminal of the year and is just as crass and cutthroat as Trump, just with the proven history that she's unfit to be America's president--maybe Venezuela or something, but not America. She's just too incompetent, IMO, to sit in that office and run our country, no matter what her proponents say about her.

Both candidates suck, but again, we can only control to a very small degree the people who become our candidates, and that's one of the biggest problems with how the election cycles have devolved over the decades.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Exactly Hutch, it's like when i tell people i grew up in western sydney and the response is always "ooooohhh", i am always perplexed by that because it felt normal to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Great reply mate,totally agree with your summary of the two candidates.Looking from the outside in i think holy crap, but you guys will sort it, if i could sum your post up with one answer i'd say perhaps we have to either enforce or at the least redifine, the meaning of democracy. Sad hey!
edit on 21/10/2016 by scubagravy because: PuNkUaTiOn

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Trey gowdy 2020

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Trey gowdy 2020

I can truely see that trending

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Is that the Liberal Redneck? If so, that guy is hilarious!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yeah, but with the rules that govern the existence and process of the Electoral College, voting for the president is anything except democratic voting. We sure have the rest of the world fooled in that regard, though, don't we?

Yay, Democracy (even though we have a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy)!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I like his style..

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There are a lot people hoping to see Trey Gowdy run for president in 2020, all over google.

Here is a snippet of his opinion on Obama and Trump:

Trey Gowdy

If he doesn't get knocked off between now and then, give it a crack America.... Someone with a brain with no puppt strings attached.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Maybe AG for Trump?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
America also needs more gay cowboys.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Who is AG ?

new topics

top topics