It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Thoughts on storing electronics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have many electronic items which I rarely use. I am planning of decluttering my home for more space. Thinking of sticking with just the needed ones and temporarily get it stored in a safe location. I am not planning of discarding them. After seeing an article www.jiffystorage.com... am thinking of getting them stored at some storage unit. Anyone who has got experience entrusting electronics with such self storage units. Can they be trusted for?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I put mine in the attic, with a sheet of plastic to cover the perforated grills.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I assume they are trustworthy, never had a problem with that. But depending where you live, i don't think deep cold is very good for electronics. (Or any extreme temp). All my storage units got very dusty too. Fyi

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Electronics? Whats that, like tape decks and VCR's?

I figure your computer and phone have rendered most electronics useless, in which case you can just chuck it.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Visit the storage unit itself and have a look around, preferably you'd want something inside a building and check all the important things like access times / insurance and all that sort of jazz, don't store on the floor either, make sure they're off the ground but perhaps use a plastic rather than wooden shelving if you suffer from termites as if they get in and eat the shelving everythings going to fall down and get damaged.

when picking the stuff back out of storage give it 12+ hours to re-adjust to room temperature as sudden temp shocks can cause damage.

Oh and label any power cords so you know which goes with which as you might know today but in 3 months a box full of power bricks will all look the same.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carolpalmer
I have many electronic items which I rarely use. I am planning of decluttering my home for more space. Thinking of sticking with just the needed ones and temporarily get it stored in a safe location. I am not planning of discarding them. After seeing an article www.jiffystorage.com... am thinking of getting them stored at some storage unit. Anyone who has got experience entrusting electronics with such self storage units. Can they be trusted for?

Let me know which storage unit you choose, i'll then keep an eye out for it on "Storage Wars"

new topics

top topics

join