It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Strange Object In Thunderstorm. UFO? HARRP?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's OK Phage, you can say "I don't know" sometimes.
Not everything is hunky dory here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Looks like one of those hole punch clouds, or punch hole clouds, whatever the correct term is,

EDIT: maybe not when I look again , it's illuminated in between the lightning flashes, there are about 10 lights, looks like a ring as opposed to a saucer or disc.

Beautiful video of a storm anyways

I don't think it's faked trying to be a UFO video
edit on 21-10-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Very interesting not sure what it could be, possibly not one large object (can't see it when the thunder/flash happens) but maybe lots of small ones in the shape of a circle?

Could be a UFO it's definitely unidentified anyway, whatever it is, it's strange and seems legit for now.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The lights seem to be a fairly regular occurrence if , as I expect , the OP video was filmed in Minnesota.
Here in 2012
Here in 2015

Other than that I don't know but suspect some for of terrestrial illumination is the cause.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Good grab . Now we just need an explanation although i suspect you are right .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They don't look like jet punch holes same as the lighting video.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
come on everyone
clearly it's a string of LEDs tied to balloons

edit on 21-10-2016 by continuousThunder because: the emojis on this site are so primitive

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

could be related.

I was going to say hole punch cloud, but I am not sure they happen in a storm cloud. based on the height of a normal thunder head, I'd say no. Interesting video if it's not CGI.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Probably just the moon lighting up the sides of the hole in the clouds. In the video he does not seem terribly interested in the "UFO" , so it probably looked a lot more normal live.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Then we would see it hit the outer surface of the cloud and have a lot more 'direct brightness'?
Just a guess, nothing is for sure.
This one is very interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
come on everyone
clearly it's a string of LEDs tied to balloons

LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: OneGoal

I don't know.
It could be CGI, I suppose.

Could be searchlights.

Could be aliens.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

The camera movement in this video is definitely not human, so CGI for me.
Ask someone who works with After Effects on a daily basis, they will say the same.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Could be searchlights.

Kind of reminds me of when I've seen bright lights from a truck stop sign lighting up a low cloud or fog layer. Happens more in winter.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

Ask someone who works with After Effects on a daily basis, they will say the same.

I think the camera movement indicates it was filmed by an alien, i would say a Nordic based on the height.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

Can you please elaborate on the "not human" aspect of your comment...just in case someone thinks that you mean aliens.

The motion does look a bit strange, I agree...but if it is a fake then whover did it did a bloody good job and is probably wasting their talents. On top of that, I would like to know where the person who faked this got his/her inspiration from and what his/her motives are. The video on YouTube has the comments disabled, so if the instigator is seeking a reaction, then he, or she, is going about it the wrong way.

I personally don't go for the hole-in-the-clouds or the searchlight postulations...I go for strange, but needing more corroboration in the form of further witnesses and further video evidence from another source.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown
Clearly led filled balloons with infused West Virginia swamp gas massaged with Chinese lantern batteries.

Duh.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Clearly led filled balloons with infused West Virginia swamp gas massaged with Chinese lantern batteries.

Duh.

Ah...of course!!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I agree with Danowski, I am very interested in videography and I use after affects. The motion of the camera is not just unnatural, it would have to be in some kind of Gimbal to move so smoothly, either that or a small amount of stabilisation applied in post. Of course that sort of movement is easy to create with software. The video wouldn't be hard to create in After affects, but then again, nothing is hard when you have that much control over a video.

I would love to believe this was genuine but as time goes by, it gets harder to tell.

Lights in the sky are always gonna be enigmatic, I want to see the damn thing clear as day,with an extra terrestrial waving at me. Anything less is just subjective. Funny how that works, it all leans more towards paranormal for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Its fake.

It has all the hallmarks. Short video, deliberate camera panning that is way too smooth to be a held camera, zoom in on "object", zoom back out again, post on Youtube, rack up hits from gullible people.

All that was missing was it suddenly disappearing.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join