It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump used his foundation to fund guerrilla filmmaker James O’Keefe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AstralFox

The Center for American Progress (CAP) is a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization. The first president and CEO was John Podesta

Source

Extra: CAP donor lists show many with Clinton ties

ThinkProgress is an American political news blog. It is a project of the Center for American Progress. ThinkProgress was founded in 2005 by editor Judd Legum, a lawyer.

Source

Clinton also got a boost from Judd Legum, the editor of ThinkProgress, who emailed Podesta several times with tips, using his personal email account.

Source

Judd Legum, founder and editor of the liberal ThinkProgress blog, repeatedly fed the Hillary Clinton campaign information about Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary, hacked emails published by WikiLeaks reveal.

Source

I'm sure I could go on and on forever, but you get the point. So Donald Trump donated $10,000 to PVA. Neither Trump nor O'Keefe forced Zulema Rodriguez to take credit for violent protests in Chicago that forced Trump to cancel a March rally.

I would like to think years ago many here at ATS would be happy that corruption in politics is being exposed. It's sad that this is what ATS has become.

2 posts in 3 & a half years...

Jesus I admire your restraint.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh my, why so angry?

I'm all for real investigative journalism and definitely all for exposing corruption but to ignore Trump's own dirty laundry is somehow justified? Why, because Hillary Clinton is bad? Yeah, we all get it but most of us also get Trump is a complete disaster and we're not happy with Clinton (and some of us aren't going to vote for Clinton) but we all get she's better than Trump.

I really don't see what people see in Trump. I literally cannot understand it.

For the record, second that.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So what if he funded O Keefe,if he is uncovering the corruption it's all legitimate.
They...the dems are all caught with their pants down and no KY Jelly in sight.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

thinkprogress.org...

In Wednesday’s presidential debate, Donald Trump claimed that new videos proved that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama had “hired people” and “paid them $1,500” to “be violent, cause fights, [and] do bad things” at Trump rallies.

He was referring to videos released this week by conservative activist James O’Keefe that purport to show pro-Clinton activists boasting of their efforts to bait Trump supporters into violent acts. The videos offer no evidence that Clinton or Obama were aware of or behind the alleged dirty tricks.

Still, Trump claimed the videos exposed that a violence at a March Chicago rally was a “criminal act” and that it “was now all on tape started by her.”

Trump neglected, however, to mention his own connection to the videos, released by James O’Keefe and his Project Veritas tax-exempt group. According to a list of charitable donations made by Trump‘s controversial foundation (provided to the Washington Post in April by Trump’s campaign), on May 13, 2015, it gave $10,000 to Project Veritas.

Seriously, at this point is Trump a Clinton plant or is he this incompetent? I do believe this O'keefe guy is good friends with the makers of the Planned Parenthood CMP videos. I see a pattern here.

And is Trump paying for these videos via his charity foundation? How the hell does anyone with any integrity support this guy?
Good for him/them...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Democrats are good at deflecting aren't they?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think you forgot to mention he used his charity to do it. Don't you guys get mad at the Clinton foundation for doing the same exact thing?

Just 5.7 percent of the Clinton Foundation’s massive 2014 budget actually went to charitable grants, according to the tax-exempt organization’s IRS filings. The rest went to salaries and employee benefits, fundraising and “other expenses.”

The Clinton Foundation spent a hair under $91.3 million in 2014, the organization’s IRS filings show. But less than $5.2 million of that went to charitable grants

I don't have a problem with Trumps contribution to Project Veritas. The contribution was made almost a year and a half ago. It's a valid contribution to a legitimate non profit organization.

the mission of Project Veritas is to:

Investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions in order to achieve a more ethical and transparent society. Project Veritas is the most effective non-profit on the national scene

edit on 20-10-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Think Progress????

You mean the equivalent of the Left Wing Alex Jones without a figure head?

Yet another George Soros propaganda attack.

At least AJ has the BallZ to put his name on his opinions, while Soros hides behind his Billions of dollars and his puppets that do his dirty work.

Typical white male! Am I right?

Yaassss! WTF? So we're supposed to automatically believe these "sources" or?

I lol'd when I saw where it came from. Alex Jones is over the top and does get a little kooky sometimes but he will own up to something if he is wrong, which I totally respect.

James O'Keefe is a hero in my book. Thank God he kept that investigation extremely close to the vest otherwise I'm sure he would've been found dead from a suicide, with two bullets to the back of the head and no gun in sight.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...so your saying that the Trump foundation funded an investigative journalist that helped expose the corruption in politics...am I right...?

Cool...and you have a problem with this...how..?

YouSir

Doubtful...

MAYBE...MAYBE this time he isn't faking the whole thing, but he has put out 2 fake videos pushing the same propaganda... one was Acorn debunked in a congressional committee and he caught a charge for falsifying the planned parenthood video..so dollars to donuts he faked it..

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Still waiting for you guys to make a transcript and post it in the main thread. I'll be watching for it...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So when is the DOJ and FBI gonna do an investigation?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Jesus... you're a Trump supporter based on the constitution? That doesn't even make sense unless you really mean you are in it for anyone who claims to uphold the 2nd amendment because nothing Trump has ever said makes me believe he's in it to uphold the constitution. For Christ sake, he loves BIG BROTHER! How do you feel about that? Trump wants to ban an entire religion! Trump wants to gag any media that isn't nice to him! Trump wants the US to torture anyone it considers a terrorist! The US already engages in such nefarious activities but a president Trump will bring it in the lime light and not in a good way!

Just a few things off the top of my head that screams this is not the man you thought you were looking for.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Guerrilla filmmaker?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Just a few things off the top of my head that screams this is not the man you thought you were looking for.

Yep. And despite all that, he's a better option than Hillary. Lord help us.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralFox

Well, I get it, Clinton sucks and you should know I don't support her. This thread is about corrupt Donald J. Trump and for some reason his supporters just sweep every scandal of his under the rug. Their main defense, deflect to how bad Hillary is.

So no, please god no, don't go on about Hillary because WE ALL KNOW! ATS is flooded constantly with anti Hillary crap and it's not like news of her corruption is news to any of us! WE ALL KNOW! So instead of deflecting to Hillary lets focus on the OP, which is Trump. If I wanted to bash Hillary I'd go any of the other gazillion threads live right now! Thanks to conservatives flooding social media in general I'm all done reading up on her. I think I got the point, SHES CORRUPT but apparently I have news for you, TRUMP IS ALSO CORRUPT!

So, if you support Trump but bash Clinton for being corrupt then you are being a hypocrite, plain and simple.

And the millionth time, because I know it's coming, I do not support Hillary, nor have I ever or will ever vote for her. I'd sign this in blood if it were possible.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
With this being Ats we should be happy the elite put money into a project like this even if it was agenda driven.

Maybe in a few years he will be going against Trump.

It seems a lot of people were OK with wikileaks and this kind of thing until it was against their own side.

Can't wait for the election to be over!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You do know that the information you posted about the Clinton Foundation had be debunked?

Charity Watch Review of Clinton Foundation

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

To be honest I didn't realize this was the same scumbag behind the heavily edited planned parenthood tapes. I found those to be a disingenuous smear.

In this case, maybe not so much. Let's be honest, it's a lot easier to smear abortion because the medical terms sound cold. When they talk about fetal brain tissue etc. it's easy to edit and pull on emotional strings. When talking objectively about policy I'm not sure how much editing can manipulate the ideas.

I'm not for abortion bans, I'm for gay marraige, I'm for transgender rights. I am not for a corrupt disgusting woman who enriches herself on the backs of working Americans. Clinton was against gay marriage before she was for it. Clinton is the absolute example of pandering politician.

Is Trump pandering now? I think so. I think he's pandering to the abortion zealots. I think he's pandering to the hard right. I don't believe he is for it at all. Welcome to presidential election season. He's pandering because he has to. Maybe next election moderates that want to reconcile our debt and stay out of regime changes won't have to pander if Trump gets elected.

Stop looking at this election as a way to solve our problems. Look at it as a way to change the next election. Change is incremental.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

And is Trump paying for these videos via his charity foundation? How the hell does anyone with any integrity support this guy?

Same way you blindly support her. Both of them are losers and evil...but somehow your brand of evil is different or worth fighting for?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
The Veritas videos are a joke.

I said it in the first thread, dodged the second echo chamber and am gonna say it again here....

Project Veritas is a slimeball organisation that uses heavily edited videos, and one little bit of research on James O'Keefe will show the echo chamber that's about to verbally assault you that he is a joke as well.

You all keep saying "heavily edited". As an example, what is heavily edited about

It's a very easy thing for Republicans to say, well they're busing people in. Well you know what? We've been bussing people in to deal with you f'ing a'holes for 50 years and we're not going to stop now, we're just going to find a different way to do it. So, I mean I grew up with that idea. They used to bus people out of Iowa. If we needed people out there we'd bus people out to Iowa. -Scott Foval
?

It's a very weak argument to say that all of this is meaningless and heavily edited, and it doesn't change what was said in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Trump had the "one up" on Clinton all along.

Or he was the one acctually attempting to rig the election...

None of the trump accusers have been pushed forward by the clintons.

This has been trump vs the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join