It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need pc help windows 10

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Try it on AHCI, save it and try again. If that doesn't work can you go back into the bios and see if the boot section has different options?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

How are you getting on? If changing it to AHCI allowed you to get into the recovery environment we may have to do things slightly differently as on previous version of windows it would blue screen as it didn't have the drivers installed for an AHCI enabled computer but I'm not sure if they have fixed that in Win 10.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Still no luck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No it doesnt let me do anything at all, except for going into the boot menu and settings no matter what i do or change i cant access recovery or get far enough to do anything,it just stays in a continuous loop

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ok change it back to raid and uefi again, leaving secure boot disabled.

1. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off.

2. Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot like below. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times. (see screenshot below)

Link

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

One thing I never thought of, if the last post didn't work bring up the boot menu on boot. Usually F12 but may be different and then take a photo of that please?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

No it didnt work and heres the pic of the boot menu

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Select Hard Drive under Legacy options as highlighted and immediately start tapping F8 furiously please?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Then i get this little gem of words.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

ok same again this time select Second HDD.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Same thing

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Same again but Windows Boot Manager then tap F8 repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Just goes straight back to the boot screen with the repairing pc nonsense
edit on 20-10-2016 by Leprekon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It just doesn't look like it's able to enter the recovery environment, no matter what we try.
Can you get access to another computer and have a spare usb memory stick?

If you can just download the iso file from here
And then use the tool from here to create a bootable usb drive then we can fix the issue but until then I think we've exhausted all possible options.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well everything is closed around me so itll be tomorrows adventure to tackle, and hopefully i can find a usb, i live in the middle of the desert so supplies are scarce.its funny how something simple just turned into cluster of headaches and dissapointment,thanks for sticking around you were helpful and tried your best tomorrow when i get the things required i will make an update until then.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

OK I'll keep an eye on the thread tomorrow and if I see you update I will check it out.

We will be able to fix it, we just need to get into the recovery environment.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well i have a usb but no other pc to use i tried all my resources like the library etc and i cant use those places because they are safe guarded by stopping downloads and my friend that has another laptop is out of town till sunday so i think im dead in the water.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So i just bought windows 10 on a usb it only cost me a 120 bucks but hopefully this should work ill post update when i get home

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So i tried to repair my pc from the windows usb which it did bring up the advanced option to do so but to avail it didnt help,this leads me to believe that i somehow corrupted my os by closing a program i shouldnt of,thats what i read so now im currently reinstalling and starting fresh luckily its just a gaming pc and i have steam with cloud save and all that jazz,so now after it installs just going to reupdate all drivers this was one expensive mistake let me tell you,but thanks for your help meclarenmp4 really appreciate it and if you have any advice bout pcs i would much like to read about them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join