It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Libs do when Iraq is free, democratic, and safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Throughout the media and in western society overall, there is much discussion of the "quagmire" in Iraq. However when you consider the fact that reconstruction is taking place, that Iraquis will have elections later this month, and when you read the experiences of soldiers there on the ground and compare it to what the media reports it is easy to see things aren't as bad as the news likes to make it out.
Now my questionis this. If elections do go ahead, a government that is considered legtimite by the Iraquis themselves is elected, and Iraqui security forces do take over and manage to quell the insurgency, will you admit you were wrong?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Now my questionis this. If elections do go ahead, a government that is considered legtimite by the Iraquis themselves is elected, and Iraqui security forces do take over and manage to quell the insurgency, will you admit you were wrong?

About what? None of that was the stated purpose for that war, at that time.

I'll admit I was wrong if stockpiles of WMD's sprout out of their asses along with plans for the imminent mushroom cloud in Everytown, USA. Then there would have been a clear and present immediate danger warranting the lost lives and national debt now rather than at a more opportune time when we have "the army we want." But even if that were true, the very fact there is an insurgency to quell at all means they were wrong from day one about our presumed cakewalk. Bullets not flowers line the streets, no matter how the Cheney/Rumsfeld grudge match administration sold Gulf War II to a terrified populace after the abysmal failure of Bush/Rice to secure our airlines after the August 01 memo an attack was coming.

None of you "rationale du jour" (pardon my French) people have ever admitted you were wrong despite being proven wrong time and again. Just because you have blinders on and are willing to change your rationales at the drop of a hat, doesn't mean anyone else has to follow along in your self delusions.

The unmitigated gaul of your request! Admit we were wrong if Bush manages to fix a mess he never saw coming and by his own rationales had no business starting.

Why don't you just worry about fixng the mess right now. Not winning an argument you lost loooong ago. Got WMD's?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

by rant Got WMD's

Syria does.

But I was more adressing the libs who say that we will never be able to foster democracy in Iraq. RANT

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Syria does.

Got proof that it does?
Or is this going to be another runaway telling us what happens across the border?

But I was more adressing the libs who say that we will never be able to foster democracy in Iraq. RANT

You dont see the facts do you?
There will be contraversy and hell probably another coup (though this time not funded by the UK , i feel ashamed at that fact...)
Now running on your hypothetical theory let me ask you this...
What will you do if the government recently installed as said , "GET THE F**K OUTA HERE USA!" and they call in the UN who finds NO weapons and infact shows there was no need for war?
What if they investigated syria and found NO weapons?
Answer me those questions.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well I don't know I guess it will not be on my generation that is for sure, so I will be long gone before the middle east turns free, democratic and christian.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I thought the beef with Syria was their support of terrorism and the insurgency in Iraq? WMD's too now? Oh boy.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
:shk:

we want proof, not promises

Show us the evidence, the facts and the proof......Iraq was the biggest mistake that the US and UK has made in the past 10 years.

Get off your high horse and admit that going to Iraq was wrong...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hahaha, democracy in the Middle East, what a joke. Bush&Co aren't even allowing half the country to vote. How is that democracy? The largest population is being kept from voting cause they aren't Bushes bitches. They want someone who isn't from America or placed in power by Bush, so they are being kept from voting. I so hope Iran invades and unites the two countries.

Also, no Syria has nukes? Wait, when did this happen? Oh yeah, thats where the 50billion tons of nukes Iraq was suppose to have went, and when we invade and find none, they were taken from Syria to Jordan, so we can invade Jordan. Then Iran, then Yemen, then Kuwait, then Saudi Arabia, then Russia, then China, then Europe, just have to play follow the leader with the nukes, right? And when they aren't in those countries/continents? Oh, they shipped them to SA, so lets invade Brazil, then Chile............

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What will libs do when Iraq is free, democratic and safe?

They will do what they always do, critisize, bash, lie, deceive and demonize. They will also keep losing elections.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Iraq will never be free. I swear, only a true Bushie will believe that.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Look I didnt start this thread to rehash the WMD debate.
The fact is regardless of whether you agree with why we are there, we are trying to accomplish certain things now. Chief among them being establishing a stable democracy so we can get the hell out. A many of you have shown there is an attitude among liberals that the efforts in Iraq are doomed to fail. I disagree. So again I will ask...........
What will you say when Iraq is safe, democratic and free?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Look I didnt start this thread to rehash the WMD debate.

Fair enough then.

So again I will ask...........
What will you say when Iraq is safe, democratic and free?

Hopefully, both conservatives and liberals can agree on saying one thing to Iraq at that point...

Good Riddance!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
What will libs do when Iraq is free, democratic and safe?

They will do what they always do, critisize, bash, lie, deceive and demonize. They will also keep losing elections.

What will we do , we will say there is a democratic state,also carseller can i ask is the repulican side or the democrats side completey inocent from the charges above?
Oh BTW here in britain the liberal government made us ready for war and managed to get NHS, social security and job loss under control.....so instead of trying to bash the left try looking in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, in answer to the question title of this thread...I dunno, but I heard on the news this morning (of course we are talking about "our" news.....that the big turn out of registration by the Iraqi people to vote is because if they don't get their government in place and working...American is never going to leave....so it's to get us the heck out of their country.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Come on lady V, you dont think al sistani telling them they will go to hell if they dont vote has anything to do with it?
And even if the only reason they are voting is to get rid of us so what?
We dont want to be there any longer than necessary.
If they as a people take the opportunity they have been given by us and us it to get us to leave then I say great.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Yesterday the true warriors of Iraq stuck thier first great blow against the insurgents and foreign fighters who hve turned ther land into an abbatoir. In spite of threats of death by millitants they came in thier millions to make thier voices heard. In spite of 12 attacks over the course of the day they came in thier millions to make thier voices heard. Women, Men, the elderly and the infirm, they came in the millions to make ther voices heard.
Democracy is on the move and freedom is on the march.

new topics

top topics

join